What is your dream job?

Yesterday’s afternoon snack (hefty to make up for breakfast):

3 rice strawberry snack 300x224 What is your dream job?

• 1 cup cooked leftover brown rice
  • heaping 1/4 cup whole milk yogurt
  • 3 sliced strawberries
  • 1/2 an apple, chopped
  • cinnamon & shredded coconut

It was really good.  Kind of like oatmeal!  For dinner I had spaghetti squash with broccoli, cheddar, and tomato sauce.  I had an (unpictured) WW wrap on the side.

4 spag squash 300x224 What is your dream job?

After dinner I was really hungry.  For dessert (I should probably just call this extended dinner) I made another bowl of spaghetti squash and topped it with honey, vanilla soy ice cream, and coconut.  I promise, it was really good.  I ended up having 2 more bowls.

5 spag squash dessert 300x224 What is your dream job?

And because I stay up late, I also had a bowl of mango chunks with soy ice cream and coconut.  I may or may not have also eaten a few tablespoons of my Better’n Peanut Butter from the jar.

6 mango dessert 300x224 What is your dream job?

This morning I think I got back on track…  I started off with a mixed breakfast bowl:

7 rice breakfast 300x224 What is your dream job?

• 1 cup cooked brown rice
  • 1 YoBaby Vanilla whole milk yogurt (4 oz)
  • handful of TJ’s high fiber cereal

It was good, and really filling.  When I finally broke for lunch it was 2:30!  I had a 1 egg, 2 egg white omelette with cheddar and broccoli.  I also had pumpkin fries (prepped the same was as butternut) and lots of organic ketchup.

8 omelette pumpkin lunch 300x224 What is your dream job?

Yum!  What is your dream job?  Mine would involve any of my hobbies – yoga, health, fitness, teaching icon smile What is your dream job?

14 Comments on What is your dream job?

1. NAOm ni
    23 January, 2009 at 5:51 pm (5 years ago)

That afternoon snack, the first picture, looks amazing! I would have never thought to mix those ingredients like that!

NAOmni

2. Courtney
    23 January, 2009 at 7:14 pm (5 years ago)

Ohhh Pumpkin fries! I like it.

Dream Job: To be a natural and organic food chef and vinyasa flow yoga teacher!

23 January, 2009 at 9:00 pm (5 years ago)

A job interview already? Great news! My ideal job – gosh, I wish I could get paid to practice yoga and blog because that is what I really want to be doing all day…although, I truly love my job (massage therapy).

Sweet spaghetti squash – I love that you used it for dessert. So many people only use it in savory dishes. I love mixing a big bowl with hemp milk, pumpkin, and raisins…you’ve now got me thinking that coconut would make an excellent addition!

Thanks so much for the mini yoga sequence. I’m going to try and do it every morning to work on my arm strength. Have a good weekend!

PS – wonderful use of ketchup. :)

4. Sarah (lovINmytummy)
    24 January, 2009 at 12:15 am (5 years ago)

Pumpkin fries?! Get out!!!

I love rice for breakfast. My mom used to heat it up and top it with milk, cinnamon and sugar. Instantly brings back childhood.

I think my dream job would be to get paid to blog, create recipes and cook!!! And play with my girls. I guess if someone could just give me a bunch of money to do what I do now, that’d be great!

24 January, 2009 at 6:04 am (5 years ago)

Fabulous eats!!

**Dream job = open up a vegan, soy-free, gluten-free bakery.

6. Brittany
    24 January, 2009 at 6:49 am (5 years ago)

Yum. Your omelette and pumpkin fries look delish.

My dream job would be be being a nutritionist. I would like to start toward that goal soon.

7. gary
    24 January, 2009 at 7:24 am (5 years ago)

Some remarkable food there, YES!
    My dream job? Lucky me, already being a full-time potter, but if not that then a DRUMMER or comics illustrator.

8. Sophia Lee
    24 January, 2009 at 7:41 am (5 years ago)

wow, rice and milk like cereal? interesting!
    my dream job is to be a journalist.

9. Sharon
    24 January, 2009 at 7:52 am (5 years ago)

Mango chunks and soy ice cream? You just wont me over! -lol-
    Tasty eats, tasty tasty!

I really don’t know what my dream job would be. But it would involve doing a lot of things. I’ve always wanted to open a bakery or cafe, even though I can’t bake! -lol-

10. K
    24 January, 2009 at 8:11 am (5 years ago)

That omelet, yummmm! Love the eats :)

My dream job: Sports certified physical therapist

11. Melissa S.
    24 January, 2009 at 8:54 am (5 years ago)

what great eats! pumpkin fries sound interesting!!

and i’m currently working at my dream job, but i don’t know how long it will last since it’s a temp field working position! but basically it would be making maps and doing field work on birds or rain forest ornithology!

12. polly
    24 January, 2009 at 9:15 am (5 years ago)

Hi Maggie girl!

Yummy eats as always… mmm.

Dream job? I think I have it. Wife to way cute hubby, mom to peachy daughter, and yoga with my friends. I can’t believe I get paid to practice yoga. It’s just a JOY! If I had to add one more thing… it would be to get paid to blog, cause I love it!

Happy day, sweetie. XOXO

13. Charlie
    24 January, 2009 at 11:00 am (5 years ago)

My dream job would be teaming up with Bobby and becoming the 21st century Simon & Garfunkel

24 January, 2009 at 4:09 pm (5 years ago)

great eats! And my dream job would be to do whatever I love (joga, cooking, economics) and have a flexible schedule!