Healthy Choice Fudge Bars!

I got a lot of goodies at Costco on Sunday afternoon.  Included in my bounty was a big box (18 total) of Healthy Choice Premium Fudge Bars, on sale for $5.  I was a little skeptical at first, but after my first suck (sorry, but that’s what it was – I don’t bite cold things), I was converted.  This bar is creamy heaven and the nutritionals are bangin’.

icecream bars fudge Healthy Choice Fudge Bars!

Per Serving (one Premium Fudge Bar – 3 fl oz): 100 kCal, 1.5 grams fat, 16 grams carbs (5g fiber, 5g sugar, 5g sugar alcohols), 4 grams protein.

They do contain sorbitol, which is a sugar alcohol, but I couldn’t discern any odd aftertaste.  I was also very impressed by the fiber content - 5 grams!

I think the kind sold at Costco are slightly bigger than the ones you get in normal stores (those only have 80 kCal per bar), but I’m sure they taste the same.  I would never have guessed that this was a diet bar by the way it tasted.  It tastes like full-fat deliciousness, without the heavy feeling in your stomach afterwards.  I will definitely be buying these after I run out of my 18-pack.  This could be fairly soon, because I think I’m going to go have another one right now.

Go get some for yourself!  And let me know what you think of them.

15 Comments on Healthy Choice Fudge Bars!

1. tanya
    26 January, 2009 at 9:05 pm (5 years ago)

I remember reviewing these for iateapie.net and they were awesome! Couldn’ belive the calories. Another good one to try – Edys Smoothie Real Fruit and Frozen Yogurt Bars. Deliciousness.

2. Biz
    26 January, 2009 at 9:34 pm (5 years ago)

I am not a huge icecream person, but my daughter will love these!

Um, I may have a container of girl scout icecream in the freezer right now, but I haven’t tried it yet!

3. Tracey
    26 January, 2009 at 9:58 pm (5 years ago)

I always get these at Costco and they are the best!!! I have 4 boxes in my freezer right now – love, love, love them!

4. Sharon
    26 January, 2009 at 10:00 pm (5 years ago)

Oh, I’ve seen those at Costco! Thanks for the review!

26 January, 2009 at 10:05 pm (5 years ago)

They were sampling these one day at our Costco. I started buying them and couldn’t stop. I’m currently on a winter hiatus as I’m always cold…and trying to avoid artificial sweeteners. However, I’m sure they’ll be making an appearance in our cart come Spring. :)

6. cassandra
    26 January, 2009 at 10:50 pm (5 years ago)

Hello my fave bars eves!!! I had these all thew middle school after school as my snack! I have seen them in Costco and I can’t wait to make some frezzer space for these guys everyone should try these!

7. Sarah (lovINmytummy)
    27 January, 2009 at 1:01 am (5 years ago)

Haven’t tried them, but now I may have to!

As for the Less is More yoga, I kind of felt the way you did…it was okay. I liked doing the “Goddess” move, because of the name =) I liked the yoga sculpt I did the other day much more. I definitely like the option of having these yoga routines available anytime on my TV!!!

27 January, 2009 at 5:37 am (5 years ago)

Glad you like them!!

9. Danielle
    27 January, 2009 at 8:45 am (5 years ago)

I’m going to costco this weekend I might have to buy these to try.
    Thanks for the review!

10. K
    27 January, 2009 at 8:59 am (5 years ago)

Niiiiice find/review! I can’t bite into cold things either :( I feel your pain, literally!

11. Missy (Missy Maintains)
    27 January, 2009 at 9:20 am (5 years ago)

These look great! I will go buy some this weekend!!

12. Pearl
    27 January, 2009 at 10:40 am (5 years ago)

oh my goodness – you know, i’ve always wondered why there’s a calorie difference in costco’s version as opposed to the other healthy choice fudge bars that i can buy at other supermarkets. now you’ve answered an age old question (of mine)!

13. carolinebee
    27 January, 2009 at 12:16 pm (5 years ago)

Maggie these are my faves!! If you like coffee flavor, they also have a coffee/mocha type flavor that is really good!!

14. NAOm ni
    27 January, 2009 at 8:03 pm (5 years ago)

My roommate eats these non stop. They look delicious, but since she leaves the sticks everywhere I have come to hate them.

Perhaps I will rethink things…

NAOmni

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Healthy Choice Fudge Bars!