More Fun Free Yoga

I tried a new FREE yoga podcast this morning: “90 Minutes of Yoga with Wade“.  You can find this podcast at his site, or just search for it in iTunes.  He has nice descriptions of most of the classes on his website.

I decided to do the Tuesday, Sept. 16th class.  This was an Ashtanga class that incorporated poses from all 5 of the Ashtanga series – but nothing too terribly difficult!  Wade Zinter is funny and easygoing, and the class was a great workout.

There were a few times when I didn’t know what pose he was telling us to do (he would just describe it and not say the name), but that tends to happen sometimes if there isn’t a pose guide.  During those times (I think just once or twice) I did my own thing – wheel, or some extra vinyasas.  He was quite enjoyable and I will definitely be doing more of his FREE podcasts.

After my yoga I had to make breakfast, and I chose oats again.  I am so impressed by how filling a 3/4 cup heart-healthy serving is.  I’m sure I will be incorporating my other breakfasts back into my diet soon, but for now I’m very pleased with my good old-fashioned stove-top oats.

25 oatmeal 300x225 More Fun Free Yoga

Because I’m new to this awesome oatmeal thing, I’m going to start experimenting.  In this bowl:

• 3/4 cup oats – heart-healthy portion
  • cinnamon, salt, vanilla
  • 6 oz. lowfat apple yogurt
  • some sprinkles of shredded coconut

It was great!  I’ve added yogurt to instant and microwave oats before, but it was even better today!  I did miss the chew of plain oatmeal, but this bowl was delicious.  Happy Saturday!  Any interesting plans for your weekend? Bobby is recording today so I’m totally free. I’m probably going to catch up on Private Practice or maybe take a walk (it’s gorgeous here today).  Tomorrow I’ll probably hit up the farmers’ market.

12 Comments on More Fun Free Yoga

1. ChocolateCoveredVegan
    31 January, 2009 at 3:53 pm (5 years ago)

You can never have too much oatmeal! I went through a phase where I was having two servings at breakfast every day. Luckily, I didn’t turn into an oat as my mom predicted!

2. Courtney (The Hungry Yogini)
    31 January, 2009 at 4:11 pm (5 years ago)

Mmmm…oats! Love it! That’s my favorite breakfast.

Do you get hungry before your breakfast!? I try to hold off before my yoga sessions because I know that’s the best way to go about it but I wake up STARVING!

31 January, 2009 at 4:35 pm (5 years ago)

You had me at “free yoga” :-D

4. polly
    31 January, 2009 at 5:09 pm (5 years ago)

hi sweet Maggie!
    Thanks for your emails… LOVE them!

I must say, oats are just the YUMMIEST, aren’t they? I love to make the 3/4 cup bowl too. I forgot to tell you that headstand and handstand… I forget how long it took, but I finally got headstand (hands around head, forarms on floor, away from any wall) after maybe 2 years? I forget! I love forearm balance (also called peacock or scorpian) and I would love to do that away from the wall someday!

Love your eats, yoga, blog… XOXO

5. K
    31 January, 2009 at 6:21 pm (5 years ago)

Oh that’s a pretty bowl of oats! I need to be more adventurous in the oat department as well :)

6. Sharon
    31 January, 2009 at 7:08 pm (5 years ago)

Oh my gosh, love the bowl of oats!

7. FoodsThatFit
    31 January, 2009 at 8:02 pm (5 years ago)

I love farmer’s markets! Enjoy your relaxing day!

8. Molly
    31 January, 2009 at 8:28 pm (5 years ago)

So it seems you’re pretty into yoga? I’m actually trying to find some kind of exercise to try, and yoga is a possibility, so I’d appreciate any advice you might have!

9. Erin
    31 January, 2009 at 8:49 pm (5 years ago)

So glad you love the 3/4 cup! I’ve been working and cleaning all day, but tomorrow is Rob and Erin day! Plus we’re going to a superbowl party. Whee!

10. HangryPants
    31 January, 2009 at 10:10 pm (5 years ago)

You are like my free yoga crack dealer.

11. Pearl
    1 February, 2009 at 1:44 am (5 years ago)

Hi! Question… is 3/4 the amount of dried oatmeal or cooked?

12. Diana (Soap & Chocolate)
    1 February, 2009 at 12:02 pm (5 years ago)

Yogurt in oatmeal! Officially on my to-try list. I love that oatmeal is such a great canvas for experimentation! The possibilities are overwhelming, so thanks for giving us a few places to start. :)

…and I thought I was pretty oats-creative already! I feel so foolish…