A day in the life (macrobiotic-ish) & 7 loves

I woke up craving cardio.  I did Exercise TV’s Cardio Burn Sculpt with Tanja Djelevic.  I liked this 30-minute workout a lot – starts out with cardio, then some toning, and finishes with yoga stretching.  I was sweaty at the end.  I followed it with 20 minutes of Exercise TV’s the Firm: Sculptilates.  That was awful.  Possibly the most boring and ineffective workout I have ever tried.  I’m just being honest.

For breakfast I made oat bran, and I put in extra peanut butter so that I could taste it better this time.

20 breakfast 300x225 A day in the life (macrobiotic ish) & 7 loves

• miso soup (water, 2 teaspoons miso, handful of seaweed)
  • 3/4 cup oat bran, cinnamon, salt, almost 2 tablespoons peanut butter (the last of that jar)

I decided to try Angela’s tortilla recipe, and I made some wraps.  I used whole wheat flour and I ended up making 4 wraps instead of 8 – nice and thick that way!

21 tortillas 300x225 A day in the life (macrobiotic ish) & 7 loves

I wanted a wrap with lunch, so I made a hummus and sprout sandwich.  I also had a big carrot with hummus and more miso soup.  This miso soup had some firm tofu in it, but it’s hiding under the seaweed (I put in more than I did at breakfast).

22 lunch 300x225 A day in the life (macrobiotic ish) & 7 loves

I’m feeling sick (I think I caught Bobby’s cold), so I treated myself to a vitamin-C-alicious lunch dessert – a huge orange and an oat bran scone (okay, the scone isn’t vitamin-C-filled, I just wanted it).

23 orange scone 300x225 A day in the life (macrobiotic ish) & 7 loves

Dinner was a simple but delicious salad with another one of the whole wheat wraps.  Everyone eats their salads out of mixing bowls, right?

24 dinner salad 300x225 A day in the life (macrobiotic ish) & 7 loves

• salad = romaine, sprouts, green peas, Asian pear, jicama, celery, tofu, and veggie bacon bits
  • dressing = silken tofu, sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and brown rice syrup (I think that’s everything that I threw in there)

Dessert so far is some jicama with peanut butter.  I’ll have part of an Asian pear later, with a spoonful of peanut butter, and I might have my last oat bran scone as well.  Those were gone way too fast (there were 10 yesterday).  I ate a bunch last night, and Bobby helped.

25 jicama peanut butter 300x225 A day in the life (macrobiotic ish) & 7 loves

Heather wrote about 7 things that she’s loving right now, and I’m going to do the same.

7 things that I truly love

1. Bobby dearest – he lights up my life.  I’m so thankful to have met him almost 3.5 years ago!
  2. me and bobby2 262x300 A day in the life (macrobiotic ish) & 7 loves

3. Yoga – keeps me grounded.  Simple as that.
  4. Writing this blog – has been so rewarding.  Getting comments and emails and responding to readers makes me so happy.
  5. Baking – now that I have free time (lack of job), I love spending time in my kitchen.  I missed it.
  6. 19 oat bran scones 300x225 A day in the life (macrobiotic ish) & 7 loves

7. Freedom – that comes from leaving/losing my job.  This break was much needed, and I’m making the most out of it.  I’m freelancing, learning to teach yoga, cooking, and taking care of my sweetie.  I’m also realizing what my true interests are, and what steps I need to take next…
  8. Future – the possibilities.  I can go back to school, I can get a new and different job, and I can explore.
  9. Oat Bran! – my newfound breakfast favorite.  I had to go out and buy more today, because I am already out of the stuff I bought last week.
  10. 4 oat bran and apple 300x225 A day in the life (macrobiotic ish) & 7 loves

What is your most recent awesome food find?  Have a lovely night icon smile A day in the life (macrobiotic ish) & 7 loves  I might do some yoga later to chillax…

27 Comments on A day in the life (macrobiotic-ish) & 7 loves

1. annie
    16 February, 2009 at 9:39 pm (6 years ago)

omg you and bobby are soo cute together!!

2. Michelle T
    16 February, 2009 at 10:02 pm (6 years ago)

Hi there again! I’m SOOO impressed by that homemade tortilla wrap. It’s so refreshing to see someone create something that people buy all the time!!! :)

Also, I love that you make everything from scratch. I.e. the salad dressing. I wish I had all the time and money in the world in my kitchen so i could be like you!!! And create yummy and pretty looking treats. hehee

3. Oh She Glows
    16 February, 2009 at 10:20 pm (6 years ago)

Oh wow your wraps turned out great too!! :) I love that you can make them as thick or thin as you want…they are so versatile!

4. Sarah (lovINmytummy)
    17 February, 2009 at 12:01 am (6 years ago)

You are my twin today…oat bran, hummus, Exercise TV…

If only I had had a scone or two ;)

Love your LOVES!

17 February, 2009 at 2:06 am (6 years ago)

so interesting to read those 7 things you love. it’s good from time to time to remind us what makes us happy and which things we enjoy doing most! I’ll think about them too! :D
    newly discovered food? can I count GYG as my newly found food? hahhaha…… it tastes great and it has so many benefits.

6. Pearl
    17 February, 2009 at 2:15 am (6 years ago)

my most lovely recent food find? goodness. i think a combination of bread + spinach + light ranch + seaweed = yummy sando.

7. Lara
    17 February, 2009 at 4:40 am (6 years ago)

Love your photos/loves :) And yeah, I’ve eaten many-a-salads out of mixing bowls. Haha.

8. Erin
    17 February, 2009 at 4:51 am (6 years ago)

I love seeing your macrobiotic-ish eats!I keep reading about it so I can see where you’re coming from and it’s really interesting!

17 February, 2009 at 5:34 am (6 years ago)

Loooovin’ the oatbran and the 7 loves in your life!! :-)

10. chocolatecoveredvegan
    17 February, 2009 at 5:53 am (6 years ago)

My most-recent, REdiscovered food find has been mori-nu silken firm tofu. I always knew it existed, but I never knew how awesome it was!

11. Melissa S.
    17 February, 2009 at 7:56 am (6 years ago)

love the seven loves! i’m still working on trying to love your oat bran though…;)

17 February, 2009 at 8:02 am (6 years ago)

Love it – you and Bobby are so sweet.

What a great list of 7′s…so many reasons to be thankful!

Honestly, I’m loving all grains these days. Oat bran, barley, wheat berries. I used to think a big bowl of plain grains was such a waste of calories…so sad I wasted so many years without them! Glad to have finally discoverd them.

I totally eat my salad out of the mixing bowls…it’s the only one big enough to hold all my veggies. :)

13. Erin
    17 February, 2009 at 8:19 am (6 years ago)

I love your grainy eats! And that list is wonderful.

14. emily
    17 February, 2009 at 9:39 am (6 years ago)

that is a supercute picture of you two!

15. K
    17 February, 2009 at 10:04 am (6 years ago)

I love all the sproutiness :) You and Bobby look really cute in that picture!

16. Sharon
    17 February, 2009 at 10:07 am (6 years ago)

Love the seven things. And you and Bobby are just too cute together!

17. HangryPants
    17 February, 2009 at 10:20 am (6 years ago)

Your dinner salad looks delicious!

I have two recent food finds (1) homemade bread – delicious and (2) oranges – obviously not new, but they’ve just been so tasty.

18. Jenni
    17 February, 2009 at 10:52 am (6 years ago)

all the food you posted looks so delicious! and thank you for describing how you prepare your miso soup. i guess maybe it sounds kind of silly, but i’ve heard so many different opinions on how you should prepare it that i get really confused and usually just stick to the powdered stuff–ick.

thanks for posting the seven things you love, that was fun to read. you and bobby are adorable, by the way!

19. Sagan
    17 February, 2009 at 11:09 am (6 years ago)

That’s such a great photo of you two. Your eats look wonderful, think I might have to pick up some sprouts on my way home from work to make a tasty sandwich!

Nice list- and isn’t it wonderful to wake up CRAVING cardio?! :D

20. Shelby
    17 February, 2009 at 12:10 pm (6 years ago)

Breakfast looks amazing as usual.

I want those tortillas!!! And your wrap! =)

I’m totally making those scones tomorrow

21. Lindsay
    17 February, 2009 at 4:41 pm (6 years ago)

great wraps!!!!!!!!!!

i love that you woke up craving cardio haha

22. Fitness Surfer
    17 February, 2009 at 5:46 pm (6 years ago)

I love the title of your blog. I’m trying to eat more veggies to get the nutrition i need. Honestly as of a few months back i would be lucky to get one serving a veggies a day.

I also love your take on Freedom. You were able to take what some people would stress out about and figure out what you love most and enjoy your break from the job. It’s a great perspective on life, and living in general. Looking forward to more posts =)

23. Clean Veggie
    17 February, 2009 at 6:05 pm (6 years ago)

you make oat bran sound amazing and i really need to pick some up!
    the tortillas look stunning. good eats :)

24. Missy (Missy Maintains)
    17 February, 2009 at 8:00 pm (6 years ago)

How does oat bran show up on EVERYONE’S blog within 1 week! Love it!! I need to buy it seriously this weekend!!! Your wraps look amazing too!!!

25. juliet
    17 February, 2009 at 8:13 pm (6 years ago)

The wraps look delicious. I also love your list about what you love! :) Hooray for freedom from working everyday!

26. Tyler (Raspberry Runner)
    17 February, 2009 at 9:31 pm (6 years ago)

awesome homemade wraps! my recent food find? greek yogurt…100% blogger inspired :)