I woke up craving cardio. I did Exercise TV’s Cardio Burn Sculpt with Tanja Djelevic. I liked this 30-minute workout a lot – starts out with cardio, then some toning, and finishes with yoga stretching. I was sweaty at the end. I followed it with 20 minutes of Exercise TV’s the Firm: Sculptilates. That was awful. Possibly the most boring and ineffective workout I have ever tried. I’m just being honest.
For breakfast I made oat bran, and I put in extra peanut butter so that I could taste it better this time.
- miso soup (water, 2 teaspoons miso, handful of seaweed)
- 3/4 cup oat bran, cinnamon, salt, almost 2 tablespoons peanut butter (the last of that jar)
I decided to try Angela’s tortilla recipe, and I made some wraps. I used whole wheat flour and I ended up making 4 wraps instead of 8 – nice and thick that way!
I wanted a wrap with lunch, so I made a hummus and sprout sandwich. I also had a big carrot with hummus and more miso soup. This miso soup had some firm tofu in it, but it’s hiding under the seaweed (I put in more than I did at breakfast).
I’m feeling sick (I think I caught Bobby’s cold), so I treated myself to a vitamin-C-alicious lunch dessert – a huge orange and an oat bran scone (okay, the scone isn’t vitamin-C-filled, I just wanted it).
Dinner was a simple but delicious salad with another one of the whole wheat wraps. Everyone eats their salads out of mixing bowls, right?
- salad = romaine, sprouts, green peas, Asian pear, jicama, celery, tofu, and veggie bacon bits
- dressing = silken tofu, sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and brown rice syrup (I think that’s everything that I threw in there)
Dessert so far is some jicama with peanut butter. I’ll have part of an Asian pear later, with a spoonful of peanut butter, and I might have my last oat bran scone as well. Those were gone way too fast (there were 10 yesterday). I ate a bunch last night, and Bobby helped.
Heather wrote about 7 things that she’s loving right now, and I’m going to do the same.
7 things that I truly love
- Bobby dearest – he lights up my life. I’m so thankful to have met him almost 3.5 years ago!
- Yoga – keeps me grounded. Simple as that.
- Writing this blog – has been so rewarding. Getting comments and emails and responding to readers makes me so happy.
- Baking – now that I have free time (lack of job), I love spending time in my kitchen. I missed it.
- Freedom – that comes from leaving/losing my job. This break was much needed, and I’m making the most out of it. I’m freelancing, learning to teach yoga, cooking, and taking care of my sweetie. I’m also realizing what my true interests are, and what steps I need to take next…
- Future – the possibilities. I can go back to school, I can get a new and different job, and I can explore.
- Oat Bran! – my newfound breakfast favorite. I had to go out and buy more today, because I am already out of the stuff I bought last week.
What is your most recent awesome food find? Have a lovely night 🙂 I might do some yoga later to chillax…