Menu Plan for the Week of February 22 – February 28
Dinner ideas: (some are recycled from last week; when I was sick I got lazy and didn’t make everything I’d planned on)
- Homemade pizza – pick your own toppings (mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, cheese optional)
- Kabocha fries with homemade ketchup
- Eggplant with Ginger and Garlic (from the Asian Vegan Kitchen)
- Chickpea curry (also from the Asian Vegan Kitchen)
- Mabu Tofu (Chinese dish of tofu and veggies in a spicy sauce)
- Jap Chae (Korean noodle dish with veggies)
- Going out (at least once – we haven’t been out in a while because things keep coming up when we plan to)
- Whole wheat pitas with nut butter
- Brown Rice Tortillas with cheddar
- Grainy blends – oat bran, or whipped wheat berries
- Oat bran or oatmeal with cinnamon, banana & nut butter
- Kamut puffs, almond milk, and fruit
- Miso Soup (1 cup boiling water, 2 teaspoons miso, handful of wakame)
- Banana dessert (veganized)
- Healthified version of Apple Cranberry Bread Pudding (by Aaron McCargo, Jr)
- Fruits (apples, Asian pears) with PB2
- Tofu yogurt with brown rice syrup
More great menus can be found at Organizing Junkie!
I ate some Greek yogurt at midnight last night when the macrobiotic experiment was over… but I woke up bloated and full-feeling. I think I might have to try staying away from my beloved yogurt for a while longer.
Enjoy the Oscars and have a great night. What’s on your menu plan this week? Anything new?