PB2, How I Love You

I bought two jars of PB2 last week, and they are nearly gone.  The first was gone in 2.5 days.  I’m being a bit more conservative with the second jar because this stuff is expensive.  I got my PB2 at a small specialty food store called Lite for Life in Santa Clara, CA.  The damage: $6.49 per jar.

pb2 new label2 206x300 PB2, How I Love You

Oops – I ate this on my macrobiotic experiment even though it had sugar in it.  Justification – the sugar content was very minimal, and PB2 has no preservatives.

PB2 is powdered peanut butter. You add water and mix before eating.  You can also add the powder to other recipes – like oatmeal, pad thai, or salad dressing.  I used it in my Vegan Mac and Cheeze instead of nutritional yeast.  PB2 has some very cool nutritionals, and a stellar ingredient list.

Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, salt, sugar.

Per 2 Tablespoon serving: 53.2 calories, 1.87 grams fat, 3.4 grams carbohydrates, 0.48 grams fiber, 5.65 grams protein.

PB2 can be as creamy or thick as you like, because you control the amount of water added.  It spreads easily, and has a very pleasant taste.  It’s much less sweet than flavored nut butters (though still slightly sweet).  If you like natural peanut butter, you should try PB2.

When I reviewed Better’n Peanut Butter, people commented that it tasted too fake, sweet, or artificial.  I don’t think that’s the case with PB2 - it does lack the fat content, but the added sugar is minimal and it does retain some of that “natural” taste.

Here are some of my favorite ways to eat PB2:

• Dipping sauce for Ener-G’s Seattle Crackers (review to come) and in a creamy peanut buttery salad dressing
  • 38 crackers pb2 salad 300x225 PB2, How I Love You

• With oranges
  • 40 pb2 orange 300x225 PB2, How I Love You

• With Asian pears
  • 39 pb2 asian pear 300x225 PB2, How I Love You

• With blueberries
  • 43 pb2 blueberries 300x225 PB2, How I Love You

• Vegan Mac and Cheeze (with wheat berries, cauliflower, and swiss chard)
  • 41 vegan mac and cheeze cauliflower 300x225 PB2, How I Love You

• Plain, of course!  My most recent favorite dessert – 4 tablespoons of PB2 mixed with water and savored slowly.

How do YOU like your PB2?

17 Comments on PB2, How I Love You

1. K
    22 February, 2009 at 4:18 pm (5 years ago)

Ok – NOW I really want to try this!!

2. Anna
    22 February, 2009 at 4:36 pm (5 years ago)

I am def putting PB2 on my nut butter list. Yes, I have a list of nut butters that I want to buy.

3. Sharon
    22 February, 2009 at 4:45 pm (5 years ago)

I never have tried PB2, I don’t think they have it in Canada. But your love for it, makes me want some. LOL!

4. Sagan
    22 February, 2009 at 4:47 pm (5 years ago)

PB2 is wonderful. I lovelovelove it. I have run out so I’m hoping my next order of it comes in real quick! Have SUCH an infatuation with the stuff.

I like eating mine just by itself, or with an apple :)

5. Jenn
    22 February, 2009 at 4:50 pm (5 years ago)

oh my goodness maggie where did you find this?!?!?! I am dying to try it!

6. Biz
    22 February, 2009 at 4:50 pm (5 years ago)

OMG you are too funny – 1 jar in 2.5 days! But I am glad I didn’t see a veggie dog, dipped in PB2 with organic ketchup!

Hope you have a good Sunday night!

7. Erin
    22 February, 2009 at 5:00 pm (5 years ago)

I’ve never seen this stuff, but it sounds great! It would be so good for dressings!

8. Shelby
    22 February, 2009 at 5:23 pm (5 years ago)

I really need to find this stuff, it seems impossible though!

22 February, 2009 at 5:40 pm (5 years ago)

mmmmmm…… so interesting! when I finish my batch of Peanut & Co. (I got 6 from a blog friend) I’ll try this! Although I think the fat in PB is a good source of fat, isn’t it?

10. Pearl
    22 February, 2009 at 6:20 pm (5 years ago)

PB2 is great – it really does taste like peanut butter!

with coconut flakes, honey and plain – mmm :)

11. Erin
    22 February, 2009 at 6:21 pm (5 years ago)

I’LL EAT IT ON ANYTHING! Maggie, I buy it online and it’s much cheaper. I’m so glad you love it too! We are such PB freaks!

12. Caroline
    22 February, 2009 at 10:01 pm (5 years ago)

It’s been a while since I’ve had my PB2, but I really liked it in smoothies (surprise, surprise!) and oatmeal.

13. Sarah (lovINmytummy)
    23 February, 2009 at 12:24 am (5 years ago)

I’m ready to order it online…I just don’t know which flavor, or if I want 2 jars of each!

14. Jenn (eating bender)
    27 February, 2009 at 8:04 am (5 years ago)

I have fallen in love with PB2!! It is definitely addicting and I’m finding that I keep wanting to put it in everything :) I need to slow down and savor it more! Thanks for the ideas!

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on PB2, How I Love You

Warning: call_user_func(comment_style) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home4/ke4mtg/public_html/thesaladgirl/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1619