This morning I went to the farmers’ market and snagged some pictures. It was raining, so these don’t portray the usual vibrance… but I think you get the idea. I love my farmers’ market. (This is the Mountain View Farmers’ Market, by the way.)
At the entrance were some flowers…
So many fresh nuts…
So hard to choose!…Fresh catches of the day…
Mushrooms are delicious…
And lots of cheese options…
These were gorgeous. I miss having a garden…Possibly the best honey ever!
Freshly grown herbs…And lots of potatoes…
And my favorite… the samples!
Menu Plan for the Week of March 01 – March 07
- kabocha, bean, tomato, and swiss chard soup (recipe to come); farmers’ market bread and ezekiel pitas for carbs
- teriyaki tofu; balsamic red swiss chard and onions
- use up the leftover wontons
- kabocha fries (duh! always!)
- homemade pizza
- roasted squash, carrots, and onion with herbs
- going out!
- ezekiel pitas with nut butter/homemade hummus
- veggies and hummus
- baked kabocha fries
- grains! with nut butter, pumpkin, tofu…
- for Bobby – leftover wontons, various chicken and rice dishes, turkey dogs
- fruit by itself
- whipped banana oat bran
- miso soup
- tofu yogurt
More great menus can be found at Organizing Junkie!
I’ve pretty much given up on dairy. It makes my stomach churn and I broke out for the first time in 3 weeks after having yogurt yesterday. Oh, well. I can find lots of things without it! And they are all delicious.
Around the blogs:
- For my first day of Tina’s 31-Day Yoga Challenge I did Tom Morley’s “Buns and Thighs Yoga” on Exercise TV (20 minutes). I plan on doing a YogaDownload.com gentle hatha session (20 minutes) later tonight as well.
- Coco is coming up with an Exotic Foods Challenge – what are your thoughts?
- Jenna’s going Meatless in March – are you up for it?