I continued the 31-day Yoga Challenge this morning with YogaDownload’s 20 Minutes of Power #1 (Dawnelle is the instructor – my favorite). I did this routine after 25 minutes of the Firm: Cardio Dance, which has been a recent addiction. I plan on doing at least one Gentle Hatha Flow later on today as well (20 minutes).
I also tried a new breakfast today – oat bran AND wheat bran. Wheat bran was on sale and I had no idea what it was, so of course I bought some. Apparently it’s what gives Raisin Bran the “bran” taste. I had miso soup on the side (this is a great way to get in veggies early in the day if you’re not in the mood for a green smoothie). In this bowl:
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/3 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 banana
- spoon of PB&Co’s Mighty Maple
I’m thinking this might be a major “brick in my belly”, to quote Heather. I hope you all try it – wheat bran is amazing with respect to nutritionals. Per 1 cup serving: 125 calories, 2.5 grams fat, 37.4 grams carbohydrates, 24.8 grams fiber (!!!), 9 grams of protein.
I have so much on my to-do list right now. Some of it is urgent, some of it can wait, but I’m feeling overwhelmed!
- Grocery shopping
- Change the sheets
- Finish and put away laundry
- Tutor for a few hours this afternoon/tonight (this is one of my side jobs)
- Work on semi-pro bono website (web design for friend of a friend)
- Work on logo for consulting project
- Work on template/website for consulting project
- Make travel arrangements for upcoming cruise to Mexico (out of LA; this cruise has John Mayer, OAR, and Guster playing concerts on the boat)