Did any of you guys sing that “announcements” song at camp? I can’t remember where I first heard it, but it’s stuck in my head now. I spent a few summers at a Quaker camp in the middle of nowhere, PA – it was called Camp Onas. I also did my fair share of nature camps, and in high school my friend and I hosted our own summer camp for kids.
- My brother started a blog – Hill Climbin’ Blues – about hiking, food, and other randoms. He’s a vegetarian (and has been for many years – maybe 6 now?) and possibly the most frugal person I’ve ever met. He’s environmentally conscious, and wise well beyond his 19 years. So far he’s posted about some nutty climbs that he’s done recently.
My to-do list is looking much better today, and I’m more relaxed.
- grocery shopping (today)
- dye hair (sometime this week…)
- travel arrangements for cruise (not sure when I’ll do this)
- yoga (every day)
- tutoring (every day)
- free-lance websites (every day)
- prep for yoga teacher training (with YogaFit) this weekend – watch video, do some reading.
We had a very cool dinner last night – butternut squash stew, homemade guacamole, stir-fried tempeh, and blue corn chips.
Butternut Squash Stew
Ingredients (rough measurements)
- few teaspoons of toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 medium firm tomatoes
- salt & pepper, to taste
- chili powder
- 1.5 cups water
- 3-4 big leaves of red swiss chard, chopped
Directions - In a soup pot, heat the oil over high heat. Add the onions and squash; saute for 4-5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and parsley and continue to stir for 2-3 minutes. Add the spices and water, simmer on medium-high, uncovered, for another 5 minutes or so (squash should be tender at this point). Add the greens and cook for another minute. Serve hot.
For the tempeh I just sauteed sliced tempeh in a little bit of toasted sesame oil, then added some homemade ketchup at the end. Simple and yummy. I dipped mine in the guac.
Around the blogs…
- For Tina’s 31-day yoga challenge I did yogadownload’s morning flow #1 this morning; I plan on doing gentle hatha #1 this afternoon as well.
- Fit for Free is having a Granola Giveaway
- Healthing It is giving away Make-Your-Own Cereal