A Very Maggie Morning

I slept in this morning (I was up until 2 last night, just hanging out with my sweetie) and lounged in bed.  Bobby’s been working really late this past week – he didn’t get home until 12:30am on Tuesday night!  I had fallen asleep waiting for him that night.

I finally got up and did some Paula Abdul Cardio Dance – this routine is getting fun now that I know the moves!  I repeat the full routine a few extra times at the end now just for kicks & some extra calorie burn (~25 – 30 minutes).  I also did a yogAMAZING routine (25 minutes or so) – “weight loss flow” – that I found on iTunes for free.

Which left me hungry for…

15 miso computer 300x225 A Very Maggie Morning

Miso soup, while waiting for my oat bran to cool.  (Reading Lee’s blog, which I love!)

Then I ate a very blue bowl of oats – oat bran (1/2 cup), wheat bran (1/2 cup+), 1/2 banana, and some blueberries.  I’m all out of Mighty Maple, so I had to make do with Trader Joe’s creamy salted peanut butter.  A jumbo spoonful.

16 blueberry oat bran 300x225 A Very Maggie Morning

I know I’ve said in the past that generic (like Trader Joe’s) natural peanut butter is my favorite, but I think I have to take that back.  I am having a love affair with Mighty Maple and I can’t go back.

I’m trying to sign up for classes at De Anza but they are almost all full, and I keep changing my mind about the classes I want to take.

Can you make decisions easily?  Or do you agonize over even the most insignificant of choices?

24 Comments on A Very Maggie Morning

1. Katie
    19 March, 2009 at 1:20 pm (6 years ago)

I’m horrible at making decisions. I stress, even if it’s not really important.

19 March, 2009 at 1:54 pm (6 years ago)

As a perfectionist, I HAVE to weigh the pros and cons carefully about EVERYTHING – decisions take hours, haha. Hang in there!!

3. Yasmin
    19 March, 2009 at 2:09 pm (6 years ago)

I am very decisive also especially when it comes to those MAJOR decisions. Good luck! BTW: Government and American Politics sounds interesting but then again that was my major:)

19 March, 2009 at 2:53 pm (6 years ago)

Maggie,
    Lovely filling bowl of fiber-filled goodness at breakfast. I’m been looking forward to my dessert bowl of oats all day! :)

I have trouble with decisions, but only because I make them too quiclly. I’m bad about weighing all my options and making the best most rational decision. So take your time – you’ll figure out what’s best.

Mighty Maple…dying to try that stuff, but still having a love affair with the TJ’s unsalted crunchy. :)

5. Erin
    19 March, 2009 at 3:20 pm (6 years ago)

I think its great you’re keeping your options open and learning new things. I am an absolutely awful decision maker. Perhaps the cause of my recent stress? Haha. I can’t even decide where to eat!
    I need to try wheat bran soon too!

6. sue
    19 March, 2009 at 3:24 pm (6 years ago)

omg a paula abdul dance workout sounds so fun!

7. Tyler (Raspberry Runner)
    19 March, 2009 at 3:28 pm (6 years ago)

environment protection sounds interesting! i hate making decisions! i will agonize over decisions, but then i always go with my gut over logic and things normally turn out for the best :). good luck!

8. annie
    19 March, 2009 at 3:29 pm (6 years ago)

you go to de anza?! i plan on going there next semester while going to san jose state! we should take a yoga class together or something!

9. K
    19 March, 2009 at 3:47 pm (6 years ago)

Surprisingly, I tend to make decisions fairly quickly. I know what I want and I do it – no wavering on my part! Gotta love community college prices! I’m taking three classes next term that have nothing to do with my major!

19 March, 2009 at 4:34 pm (6 years ago)

I get very nervous when I face uncertain future. i feel aweful when I don’t know what’s next. But sometimes decisions are hard to make when you keep thinking about it… maybe relax a little bit and wait few days before to make the final decision. And of course, professional advices are always useful! :D

11. Red Head, Yellow Dog
    19 March, 2009 at 4:43 pm (6 years ago)

It depends on the decision. some things I just KNOW (like where I wanted to go to law school) and some things I take forever to decide (like where we are going to eat this weekend to celebrate me getting into said law school hehe :) )

12. Sharon
    19 March, 2009 at 4:46 pm (6 years ago)

Oh wow, Environmental protection and pollution prevention sounds awesome!!!

13. cleanveggie
    19 March, 2009 at 4:56 pm (6 years ago)

I didn’t know Paula Abdual had a workout video! haha
    the yoga sounds fun though!

14. gary
    19 March, 2009 at 5:14 pm (6 years ago)

well, no, I don’t agonize over decisions myself, but how about option D for you, take pottery? ;)

15. Pearl
    19 March, 2009 at 5:57 pm (6 years ago)

It usually takes me a while before I can come up with a decision :) But I think that even by going back, you’re already making a GREAT decision. Go ahead and take the more variety of classes – I think it’ll be great to learn about other things, and yet, you still have your massage classes as the “core.” :)

16. Olga
    19 March, 2009 at 7:18 pm (6 years ago)

I’m so bad at making decisions…I change my mind constantly…I’m usually the last person to order at the restaurant table because I’m still thinking!

Into to Environmental Law sounds interesting. You’ll probly learn about the case Massachusetts v. EPA which is so interesting! Let us know what you end up choosing :)

17. carolinebee
    19 March, 2009 at 7:34 pm (6 years ago)

I agree with ya…those stupid HUGE *life* decisions are the hardest, ugh! But i’ve noticed that things seem to fall into place. I could not find a job forEVER, so I sort of weighed my options and investigated my true passions, and now i’m going back to school for nursing :D It will take a while, and it’s not the working woman life I had planned out, but I’m stoked for this new journey, and it was not at ALL in my plan! Good luck, i think those classes sound amazing.

18. Sarah (lovINmytummy)
    19 March, 2009 at 10:24 pm (6 years ago)

I am the WORST at decisions and I always second guess myself and never just enjoy the choice I’ve made…from trivial things (like ice cream) to bigger things (like jobs).

I vote for American government and politics. I’ve taken all three of those classes in one form or another. But also, I would definitely go for the one with the best professor (if you can find this out by talking to others). That makes SUCH a difference!

19. NAOmni
    20 March, 2009 at 7:15 am (6 years ago)

I agonize a painful amount. And things always turn out. So you would think my system works. But I actually tend to believe anything will turn out if you make the most of it…and am trying to amend my angst causing ways!

NAOmni

20. Danielle
    20 March, 2009 at 8:07 am (6 years ago)

I am the worst at making desicions I consider every option, every con, every pro, it takes me forever to make to a big desicion, and sometimes I just exhaust myself to the point where I make a big desicion hastily and regret it later. Which makes me more likely to agonize over it the next time.
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

21. Dori
    20 March, 2009 at 8:47 am (6 years ago)

Paula Abdul Cardio Dance sounds so fun! I agonize over my decisions. And I prefer white chocolate wonderful to mighty maple :)

22. Julie
    20 March, 2009 at 9:05 am (6 years ago)

I seriously cannot make a decision to save my life! So you should already feel proud of yourself that you’ve taken such huge steps towards what makes you happy :) Just stay on that track and you should be fine! Atleast that’s what I tell myself every day haha

23. Missy (Missy Maintains)
    20 March, 2009 at 9:18 am (6 years ago)

Paula Abdul Cardio Dance sounds so fun!! I am terrible at making decisions. I still have no clue what I want to do with my life and I have been out of college for 2 years!