Planet Friendly Beauty Products – Pangea Organics

One of my favorite new stores (new to me) is prAna in the Valley Fair Mall.  It’s a yoga clothing store, but they also have mats, DVDs, books, CDs, and body care products.  I even bought a couple sets of wooden cutlery a few weeks back.  From the website:

prana logo Planet Friendly Beauty Products   Pangea Organics

“We’re always looking for new ways to fold sustainable materials and practices into our collection, working to reduce the impact on soils, water supplies and other natural resources.”

So I knew I had to try their body products (on sale of course – 75% off – I would not pay the full price on these things!).  The company that makes these products is called Pangea Organics.  Their motto:

pangea 300x230 Planet Friendly Beauty Products   Pangea Organics

“Ecocentric bodycare.  Always beneficial.  Never artificial.”

Bobby and I have been using their shower gels for the last month or so.  I like the fragrances – they are strong in the shower and make it smell awesome, but once you get out and dried, it’s much more subtle.  (Original price – $16/bottle.)

pangea ylang ylang shower gel Planet Friendly Beauty Products   Pangea Organics

I like the “Malagasy Ylang Ylang & Linden Flower” scent.  I also tried the “Italian White Sage with Geranium & Yarrow” but it was a little odd.

I’ve also been using their facial scrub – “Egyptian Geranium with Adzuki Bean & Cranberry”.

face scrub Planet Friendly Beauty Products   Pangea Organics

This is fantastic.  The scrubbies are gentle but effective and it smells divine. (Original price – $32/bottle.)

I have also been using their toner (for oil-rich to demanding skin) – “Argentinean Tangerine & Thyme”.

toner Planet Friendly Beauty Products   Pangea Organics

It’s gentle, yet effective.  Another win!  They also have options for balanced & combo skin, as well as thirsty skin.  (Original price – $26/bottle.)

AND, lastly, I’ve been digging their chapstick – “Egyptian Fennel with Grapefruit & Sweet Orange”.

fennel chapstick Planet Friendly Beauty Products   Pangea Organics

This is so smooth and soothing when it goes on your lips.  I need to get more soon.  (Original price – $12/bottle.)

Have you tried Pangea Organics?  What’s your favorite brand of beauty products?

20 Comments on Planet Friendly Beauty Products – Pangea Organics

1. Pearl
    23 March, 2009 at 11:11 pm (6 years ago)

OOH, neat products! THank you for sharing :D

2. Helen's Journey
    24 March, 2009 at 2:22 am (6 years ago)

It’s a bit expensive for me :(

24 March, 2009 at 2:34 am (6 years ago)

I like their packaging, they look fancy and very healthy! :D
    I don’t have a fav. brand for beauty products, I like to mix them and change them from time to time. I use Origins, Estee Lauders, Garlian, Clarins, Philosophy.

24 March, 2009 at 5:09 am (6 years ago)

Haven’t tried that brand, but I always see it at Whole Foods – I’m going for it!! :-D

5. Shelby
    24 March, 2009 at 5:09 am (6 years ago)

I’ve never tried their products…

I love Eminence Organics! Hard to find but you might see them in spas or you could even google search a place that sells them online.

6. Brittany
    24 March, 2009 at 5:19 am (6 years ago)

I tried Pangea bar soap, which I got free at a going green festival/convention in DC. I really enjoyed the soap, but haven’t bought any other products. Thanks for the review.

Right now we are using Dr. Bronner’s organic soap and I used Aveeno or Philosophy face wash and moisturizers.

7. Meghan Telpner
    24 March, 2009 at 5:28 am (6 years ago)

Have yet to see that one. I wonder if it’s not yet up here in Canada. I’ve been a devotee to Alba Organics for a long time but slowly I am beginning to make more and more of my own products with ingredients from my kitchen.

8. Mara @ What's For Dinner?
    24 March, 2009 at 5:55 am (6 years ago)

I’ve never even seen them before, but they look fantastic!! I bet they smell amazing!

9. Michelle Hisae
    24 March, 2009 at 6:44 am (6 years ago)

I have! I love the body wash you have featured here. But I, too, did not didn’t pay the full price – well, anything, hehe. My brother got free samples from his work and he was nice enough to give them to me. I love the smell of them!

10. K
    24 March, 2009 at 7:07 am (6 years ago)

I have never tried those but they sound fabulous!!

11. Katie
    24 March, 2009 at 9:15 am (6 years ago)

I love Pangea. My aunt bought me some shower gel for Christmas a couple years ago. It’s not sold too much around here, though.

My favorite brands of beauty products are Bare Escentuals & Alba Botanica. I actually have an Alba review on my blog post today.

12. Sharon
    24 March, 2009 at 10:04 am (6 years ago)

Oh wow, thanks for sharing about those products. I have never heard of those before!

13. Lexi
    24 March, 2009 at 10:20 am (6 years ago)

Love the organic beauty products!!

14. Leng
    24 March, 2009 at 11:09 am (6 years ago)

I’d love to try that chapstick! My lips are always chapped and it’s soOo hard ti find the right one that doesn’t dehydrate your lips. Thanks for the info!

15. Danielle
    24 March, 2009 at 11:37 am (6 years ago)

What great products! I’ll have to look for these!

16. NAOmni
    24 March, 2009 at 12:06 pm (6 years ago)

Great review! I’m still experimenting with beauty products. What to use, what not, and how to make them vegan..it’s a process…

NAOmni

17. Erin
    24 March, 2009 at 2:23 pm (6 years ago)

I haven’t tried these but I’ve heard of them and they sound right up my alley. I like Dr. Bronner’s, Ahava, and Body Shop products. Right now I’m using Dermalogica skincare products because my skin has been so oily and they are fantastic.

18. Chantal
    24 March, 2009 at 2:49 pm (6 years ago)

Yay Pangea Organics! I’ve got to say I can’t stop raving about Pangea since I discovered them about 6 months ago. They are actually miraculous. Seriously. Ever since I’ve been a teen, some level of acne has been a part of my life and Pangea has gotten rid of that COMPLETELY. Yes, it’s a little pricey, but no more than most good quality beauty products, and with all the benefits, it’s definitely worth it! Plus, when you use their mask, you can actually see the difference right after you use it. It leaves your skin radiant!

19. Diana
    25 March, 2009 at 2:35 pm (6 years ago)

Sustainable bath & body products? I love it! Esp if I found it at 75% off! :) The idea behind the product is great and the scents sound really appealing, too!

20. Melissa
    2 April, 2009 at 9:50 pm (6 years ago)

Great product picks, Maggie! The company I work for actually runs a completely natural and organic beauty site, http://www.SkinBotanica.com, I think you would really enjoy it…ps…your blog is great!