2 days until the cruise!
(John Mayer‘s Room for Squares reminds me of high school. Actually, so does Guster. Guster is my all-time favorite band and I discovered them way back when I was… a freshman I think? 2000 was a long time ago.)
Done so far:
- haircut: just a trim, but it looks a lot better now. I never really talked about it on the blog but I was incredibly unhappy with my last haircut; it was way too short – boy short – and I was pretty upset about it. It’s grown out a lot since October, but it’s still much shorter than I would like – but I desperately needed to fix the ends. Lesson learned. This time I found a great new hairdresser. Her name is Heleen and she works at Z Salon in Santa Clara, CA (by Valley Fair Mall). She commented on how thick my hair is – they always do! It doesn’t look that thick when it’s short, but once they start working on it they always realize that it takes 1.5 hours to cut my hair.
- random errands – getting cat food, cashing checks, buying toiletries
- some cleaning (mostly organizing the kitchen)
- talking with a new friend
- mani/pedi – tomorrow night
- packing (yikes!)
- finish cleaning the house (we’re having a friend come to take care of Couscous the cat, and I am a total nerd about having a spotless house when people come over)
- laundry – clothes and linens – tomorrow night
- haircut for Bobby (I’m going to try to get him an appointment with Heleen on Thursday morning)
Random yummy salad:
- shredded cabbage & leek base, cantaloupe, mushrooms, tomatoes, kohlrabi with salt (love! – thanks for the rec Dad!), and kabocha
- also added – Newman’s Own lowfat sesame ginger & a scoop of olive hummus
- (served with chewy pitas and peanut butter – I’m addicted. I think I need to take a small break from these guys.)
What’s your favorite band? Have you ever been on a cruise? Do you have any cruise suggestions for me? We’re going to Cabo, Mexico – anything in particular I should do?