Cruise excursion – horses!

We are back!  I had a wonderful time on the Mayercraft 2 cruise (John Mayer, Guster, O.A.R. and others).  We left on Friday afternoon out of L.A., docked in Cabo, Mexico for a the day on Sunday, and returned to L.A. on Tuesday morning.

dscf5091 300x225 Cruise excursion   horses!

When we were in Cabo we decided to do a cruise excursion – horseback riding!  After a 30-minute drive in a freezing (air conditioned) bus, we were on a farm by the sea.  I saddled up and got to ride “Toro“, while Bobby rode “Pepe“.

dscf5086 300x225 Cruise excursion   horses!

We rode a desert path out to the beach and proceeded to ride up and down the shore while two adorable mutts nipped at our horses’ heels.  I want a puppy.  After we rode back to the ranch we milled around with $2 Coronas and limes.  We even got to see a camel (Camels in Mexico?  I guess!).  Her name was “Suba“.

dscf5096 300x225 Cruise excursion   horses!dscf5095 300x225 Cruise excursion   horses!

On the customs form that we had to fill out when we returned:

11. Mark an X in the Yes or No box. Are you bringing with you (d) soil or you have visited a farm/ranch/pasture outside the United States?

12. Mark an X in the Yes or No box. Have you or any family members traveling with you been in close proximity of (such as touching or handling) livestock outside the United States?

Sketchy!  We said no on both.  We didn’t want to be quarantined for riding horses.

What excursions have you done on a cruise?  What would be your ideal excursion?

(And don’t worry, food is coming!  I just need to dedicate some serious time to getting a major food post organized.  For now enjoy the horses.)

25 Comments on Cruise excursion – horses!

1. NAOmni
    1 April, 2009 at 6:42 pm (5 years ago)

I have done river tubing in Ochos Rios, rock climbing and zip lining in Cozymel, and swam with the sting rays in…somewhere else that escapes me. Anyways, the river tubing was to die for…I will never swim with sting rays again. Additionally, next time I go on a cruise I won’t do an excursion every day…I’ll save at least one beach day for myself.

NAOmni

2. Pearl
    1 April, 2009 at 7:03 pm (5 years ago)

i have never been on a cruise but hope to go on one soon! you look like you had SO much fun! :D

3. Christina
    1 April, 2009 at 8:51 pm (5 years ago)

What fun! I’m always a sucker for remembering and documenting my horses name, too!

Oh gosh, those customs forms scare me, too! I always fib a little because I’m scared they’ll take stuff away, or quarantine me.

Glad you had a great time, it looks beautiful and WARM! :)

4. Biz
    1 April, 2009 at 9:08 pm (5 years ago)

Yeah!! Glad you had a good time – the horseback riding looks like fun! I haven’t done that since girl scounts, and that was MANY years ago! :D

5. eatingbender
    1 April, 2009 at 9:35 pm (5 years ago)

LOL – sorry I said “have fun on your cruise” when clearly you are back already. I feel sheepish :)

I’m so glad you had fun!

6. Michelle
    1 April, 2009 at 9:46 pm (5 years ago)

woohooo You’re back!!! Horse riding looks like so much fun in a grogeous place, but I had painful memories of horseback riding. The crotch in general…isn’t all that comfy. hahaha

Can’t wait for the food!

7. clare
    1 April, 2009 at 9:59 pm (5 years ago)

i just checked out the cruise website…COOL! glad you had a great time and glad you are back :) looking forward to your blogs again.

8. Sarah (lovINmytummy)
    1 April, 2009 at 10:04 pm (5 years ago)

Welcome home! I’ve missed you so!

I can’t wait to hear more about your trip. I hope you got to see John Mayer in those white shorty shorts and sailor hat.

9. Charlie
    2 April, 2009 at 1:45 am (5 years ago)

Pickpocketing in Palermo with a local guide…exhilarating

2 April, 2009 at 3:59 am (5 years ago)

welcome back!!! I’m so excited about your cruise, it seemed so much fun!!! I can tell from your happy face!
    Can’t wait to read more about it! :)

2 April, 2009 at 5:12 am (5 years ago)

GORGEOUS beach, camel, and horse!! And you, haha :-D

12. Yasmin
    2 April, 2009 at 5:24 am (5 years ago)

I remember trying snorkeling for the 1st time. It looked easy but man was it a work-out!

13. Shelby
    2 April, 2009 at 5:52 am (5 years ago)

WELCOME BACK! =)

I went on a cruise last may and when we docked in Mexico I got to swim with dolphins. It was super pricy but really worth it since they are amazing animals.

The beach is gorgeous and so are you! Love horseback riding =)

John Mayer has a cruise? I really despise him but yay for O.A.R.

14. Becca
    2 April, 2009 at 6:44 am (5 years ago)

Good call on the customs forms. :) You never know what they’re going to get you for! The only excursion I ever went on on the cruise I did was a walking tour of downtown New Orleans – fantastic. But please please please tell us about the music, too!

15. Dori
    2 April, 2009 at 6:49 am (5 years ago)

Can’t wait to hear about Guster and OAR — I LOVE them! You look like you’re having so much fun on the horse!

16. Sharon
    2 April, 2009 at 7:14 am (5 years ago)

Oh my gosh, camels?!?!?! THAT IS SOO COOOL!!!!

17. Eat, Live, Love, Dream
    2 April, 2009 at 9:57 am (5 years ago)

Welcome back!! I missed you!
    the pictures look fabulous! Josh and I are going on a cruise in Jan 2010! I can’t wait!!!

18. Melissa S.
    2 April, 2009 at 12:34 pm (5 years ago)

I’ve never been on a cruise but would love to one day!

and when i came back from AU and had worked on farms and in the rainforest and entered new zealand, they wanted to throw out my uber expensive hiking boots cause there was a tad bit of dirt on them! i was made to clean them off then and there or they would get chucked!

19. Laura
    2 April, 2009 at 2:57 pm (5 years ago)

On my cruise we did the zip line excursion in Jamaica. It was a total blast, flying high amid the trees. I would do this again for sure. And the Jamaican tour guys were so hysterically funny. Ya Man!

20. Erin
    2 April, 2009 at 6:49 pm (5 years ago)

That looks like so much fun! I didn’t know there were camels in Mexico – that’s so silly!
    I’ve never been on a cruise.

21. Jenni
    4 April, 2009 at 9:22 am (5 years ago)

i’m glad you had fun! the mayercraft cruise sounds like it must be a blast! i’m hoping he didn’t wear the awful borat bathing suit like he did on the first one…haha

22. Hangry Pants
    4 April, 2009 at 5:11 pm (5 years ago)

I’ve never been on a horse … or a cruise, but I think I would like both events. :D

23. Kerri
    6 April, 2009 at 4:12 am (5 years ago)

So exciting going on the Mayercraft. Did you see John Mayer is a skimpy mankini?

24. healthy ashley
    7 April, 2009 at 9:57 am (5 years ago)

How much fun! I love the photos.. looks dreamy :)

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Cruise excursion – horses!

Warning: call_user_func(comment_style) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home4/ke4mtg/public_html/thesaladgirl/wordpress/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1619