Menu Plan Monday (vegetarian)

This weekend has been very relaxing.  Yesterday we woke up late, lounged around, went for a long walk (about 4 miles or so), got massages (intense deep tissue), and met up with a friend for dinner at Homma’s Brown Rice Sushi (Palo Alto, CA).

Today I woke up early, but lounged around until I walked to the farmers’ market and back.

Here’s what I have planned for the week…

mpm3 300x151 Menu Plan Monday (vegetarian)

Menu for the Week of April 05 – April 11

Sunday night – okonomiyaki (Japanese pancake).  inspiration from here, but nothing like that recipe at all.  to be posted soon.

Dinners -

• return to Homma’s Brown Rice Sushi
  • stuffed portobello mushrooms & tomato-ey pasta (both inspired by Naturally Thin)
  • Vietnamese – Pho Vi Hoa (see here and here)
  • eating out with cousins (don’t know where yet; saw them at the farmers’ market this morning!)
  • stir-fries to use up extra veggies

Lunches -

• scrambles/omelettes with fresh veggies & toast
  • tuna sandwiches & salad
  • sushi & salad
  • Chipotle with Bobby

Breakfasts -

• fruit, yogurt, & granola/cereal parfaits
  • scrambles/omelettes & toast
  • toast with butter & jelly, fresh fruit
  • french toast

Desserts – trying for fruit this week, as well as faux cheesecake and these cookies that were on sale at whole foods.

Happy New Week!  Is anything exciting happening for you?

19 Comments on Menu Plan Monday (vegetarian)

1. Kimberly
    5 April, 2009 at 4:01 pm (5 years ago)

i don’t think I can follow a vegan diet as well. I trie to cut out diary, but I missed Greek yogurt too much and my craving of salmon just makes me cranky. @_@ Everything in moderation, right? :) You only live once.

2. Erin
    5 April, 2009 at 4:29 pm (5 years ago)

Your menu looks sooo good!
    I can’t wait to see more, and I am happier incorporating everything in moderation. But some people are so awesome at being creative within limitations!

5 April, 2009 at 5:02 pm (5 years ago)

great menu plan and relaxing weekend! I’m glad you enjoyed, mine was nice too!
    seafood and dairy are in my fav food lists…I could never live without them! :) I got octopus today!!! I’m really looking forward to try to make it taste nice as that $70 plate I had in BA. :D Do you know any good recipe for it?

4. zestycook
    5 April, 2009 at 5:03 pm (5 years ago)

Great looking menu plan!

5. Diana
    5 April, 2009 at 5:17 pm (5 years ago)

Sounds like you have some good eats ahead! No major plans for me except a…err…”interesting” week of work.

6. Pearl
    5 April, 2009 at 6:14 pm (5 years ago)

mmm :) sushi yum!

5 April, 2009 at 6:22 pm (5 years ago)

Yuuuum!!

8. Sharon
    5 April, 2009 at 7:56 pm (5 years ago)

Great upcoming menu!!

9. Becca
    5 April, 2009 at 9:27 pm (5 years ago)

I wish I could find some good brown rice sushi around here… but our sushi restaurants haven’t caught on yet. :( Enjoy yours! The rest of your menu sounds delicious, too!

10. carolinebee
    5 April, 2009 at 9:32 pm (5 years ago)

YUmmmy options! I love that going back to the restaurant is first thing :D Chelsea handler keeps talking about the cruise on her show, haha and I think of u!

11. Tyler (Raspberry Runner)
    5 April, 2009 at 9:53 pm (5 years ago)

“stuffed portobello mushrooms & tomato-ey pasta”….yum!!

nice job on the menu planning! everything looks great!

12. Lara (Thinspired)
    6 April, 2009 at 1:11 am (5 years ago)

Love your meal plans. I’m with you on the dessert–sometimes it’s just best if I avoid it altogether. Faux cheesecake sounds intriguing though!

13. gary
    6 April, 2009 at 2:39 am (5 years ago)

Stuffed portobellas and pasta, oh my! Yummo!
    I somehow forgot about your cruise and the chance to guest post, ooooops…..

14. K
    6 April, 2009 at 7:02 am (5 years ago)

Great menu!! Jealous of your massage!

15. Sophia
    6 April, 2009 at 8:05 am (5 years ago)

Okay, I’m gonna check up on your blog every single day now, esp to read about that OKONOMIYAKI! I can’t believe someone’s actually gonna make it who is not Asian! was that your boyfriend’s suggestion? either way, I can’t wait! oknomiyaki has got to be one of my most fav foods ever but I NEVER find them in the japanese restaurants in america.
    btw, thank you, thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. that is the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me and really made my day. :-)

16. Jasmine (Sweet and Fit)
    6 April, 2009 at 9:14 am (5 years ago)

you are always so organized with your meal plans! thank you for reminding me, I am going to go work on mine now =)

17. seamaiden
    6 April, 2009 at 11:46 am (5 years ago)

Everything sounds delicious! I will have to check out that brown rice sushi place in Palo Alto- I didn’t realize they did dinner as well as lunch. (I live in Sunnyvale)

very cool that you are making okonomiyaki- I love it too. I have a pescatarian wheat- free recipe for it on my blog I thought you might enjoy:

At this point I was posting a few pesc recipes but now I only post vegetarian recipes, although I am an occasional pescatarian in practice. Japanese food is my weakness!

Your menu sounds so good- I’ll have to come back!
    -Sea

18. Erin
    6 April, 2009 at 1:35 pm (5 years ago)

That sounds like a GORGEOUS day. Massages and sleeping in? Yum.