New trend & Couscous love (cat!)

FitSugar says the new diet book trend is antidiet books.  The article mentions Naturally Thin (Bethenny Frankel), The Big Skinny (Carol Lay), The Skinny (Louis J. Aronne), Master Your Metabolism (Jillian Michaels), The Daily Fix (Alexa Fishback), and even books like The Omnivore’s Dilemma and In Defense of Food (both Michael Pollan).

I hadn’t heard of some of these so I’ll definitely be checking them out.

What’s your take?  What’s your favorite antidiet book?  I plan on reading Master Your Metabolism as soon as I can get my hands on it…

This cuteness has been taking over my life:

dsc 8101 300x199 New trend & Couscous love (cat!)dsc 8105 300x199 New trend & Couscous love (cat!)dsc 8134 300x199 New trend & Couscous love (cat!)dsc 8110 300x199 New trend & Couscous love (cat!)

Do you have a pet?  Do you want one?  Couscous makes me very happy icon smile New trend & Couscous love (cat!)

21 Comments on New trend & Couscous love (cat!)

1. Christina
    10 April, 2009 at 9:14 pm (5 years ago)

I read Skinny Bitch, which is kind of an anti-diet book. I also read a general self-help book that I forget the name of, but it had a chapter about getting real with eating. The basic premise was that people get overweight when they LIE to themselves. About how much they’re eating, how unhealthy the choices they are making are, etc. That once you are just truthful, the nonsense stops and you’re able to maintain a weight.

LOVe the pics of your cat! I need to put more pics of my pets up. I have a dog, Corky and a cat, Poe.

2. clare
    10 April, 2009 at 10:02 pm (5 years ago)

LOVE CATS!!!!!! love.

3. Sarah (lovINmytummy)
    10 April, 2009 at 10:34 pm (5 years ago)

I consider Intuitive Eating an anti-diet book and I love it! If you haven’t read it, Maggie, you definitely should!

Couscous is so adorable!

4. annie
    10 April, 2009 at 11:01 pm (5 years ago)

couscous is soo cute!! i have a little doggy titan!

5. mi
    11 April, 2009 at 2:15 am (5 years ago)

thanks for that list of books – will be looking into them. so hard to make sure you avoid the harmful ones among SO MANY diet/anti-diet books!

11 April, 2009 at 3:23 am (5 years ago)

couscous is so cute!!!
    I don’t read any diet book or anything related to diet at all, because I’ve noticed that it’s against my intuitive eating thing… you know… I want to be feeding myself intuitively, listening to what my body want, instead of rationalize it too much! :) I’m absolutely not saying that it’s bad reading them, just doesn’t work for me.

11 April, 2009 at 4:42 am (5 years ago)

I like “The Eat Clean Diet.”

LOVE COUSCOUS!! :-D

8. Alison
    11 April, 2009 at 5:04 am (5 years ago)

Cute pictures! I have the world’s best doggie, Snowbird, and a beautiful cat, Ahwatukee. Unfortunately, my cat just sort of hides now that I have the dog. She comes out when the dog isn’t with me…which isn’t often, since Snowbird can’t be trusted without supervision.

Have you tried a laser pointer with your cat. My cat loves it. She’ll practically climb the wall to chase the red dot.

9. Shelby
    11 April, 2009 at 6:19 am (5 years ago)

I’ve read Skinny Bitch which I believe is an anti-diet book. I’m also going to get Intuitive Eating from the library…I’ll let you know how it is.

CUTE CAT!!! I have a cat named Alex and he’s like 8 years old. I do want a kitten though.

10. Lele
    11 April, 2009 at 7:14 am (5 years ago)

Couscous is the greatest name for a cat I’ve ever heard!

I don’t read diet books, or anti-diet books, but I do read cookbooks like they’re novels! Madhur Jaffrey’s in particular are woooooooonderful!

11. Sharon
    11 April, 2009 at 7:47 am (5 years ago)

Oh my gosh, your kitty is so adorable. I totally want a pet, but I cycle back from two different cities, and I’m not sure if having a pet would be okay in that situation.

12. K
    11 April, 2009 at 9:04 am (5 years ago)

I have three dogs and I love it! I want more ;)

13. Pearl
    11 April, 2009 at 11:36 am (5 years ago)

ahh maggie, i’ve read skinny bitch which was the first book to read about changing the way one eats.

14. Peggy (Mom)
    11 April, 2009 at 12:30 pm (5 years ago)

Well…since no one mentioned them I would like to give a plug for two anti-diet books: Diet for a Small Planet by Francis Moore Lappe and May All be Fed by the heir of the Baskin Robbins fortune (last name – Robbins, first name – I forget). They were ahead of their time in the smart, ecologically responsible eating trend.

As for pets…2 dogs, 3 cats, a new hamster and sometime soon…a new dog, Benji. I prefer the cats…they each do their own thing and are funny, funky and cute.

15. Lara (Thinspired)
    11 April, 2009 at 1:08 pm (5 years ago)

Couscous is such a cute name for a cat!
    Well, as you know I am very interested in Naturally Thin and can’t wait to read your review. After reading that FitSugar post I also checked out The Skinny on amazon and read the first few pages. It looks pretty good, but it’s hard to tell. Definitely love Pollan’s “In Defense of Food.” I also love “Fit From Within.” Have you read it? I think you would really, really like it.

16. Jen
    11 April, 2009 at 2:50 pm (5 years ago)

That’s suchhh a cute name for a cat!! :) I love animals so much, which makes it even weirder that I have a fear of all animals. :( They’re so cute, but I’m too afraid to pet them. :(

17. Leng
    12 April, 2009 at 12:13 am (5 years ago)

AWE couscous couscous is sooOoo ADORABLE!

18. juliet
    12 April, 2009 at 10:41 am (5 years ago)

Awwww. The cat is adorable. I’ve always wanted a little dog but my husband knows I wouldn’t be very good about taking care of it (aka he’d have to do all the work). So, we aren’t getting one anytime soon…

19. Melissa
    12 April, 2009 at 11:26 pm (5 years ago)

I have two cats, Stella and Jasper. Stella is half Bengal tiger, so I get to take her for daily runs with me…needless to say, she keeps me active, no matter what :)

20. healthy ashley
    14 April, 2009 at 8:20 am (5 years ago)

I LOVE your kitty!!!