Yoga, Salad, Award. Goodnight!

Yoga of the day: Dave Farmar‘s 75-minute class from 03/02/09.  Full of dolphins (which were replaced by headstands and down dogs), fun flows, and long holds.  Long pigeon at the end (this is common for Dave’s classes) following a tough session of at least half a dozen bridges/wheels.

Salad of the day:

11 tuesday salad 300x225 Yoga, Salad, Award.  Goodnight!

• spinach base (5-6+ cups raw)
  • extras: peas, carrot, orange bell pepper, mushrooms, eggplant
  • protein: egg whites, bacon bits
  • dressing: newman’s own lowfat sesame ginger

I don’t think I can technically call this a salad, because it wasn’t exactly raw.  I cooked most of the veggies and the egg whites, and added the spinach at the end.  Because everything was so hot, the spinach wilted a bit.  My house was cold today and I didn’t want to eat a bunch of raw veggies!  It was great though.

Coco was so sweet to give me this award today:

award1 Yoga, Salad, Award.  Goodnight!

FRIENDS… comes with the following description to be added & passed along: “These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers.”

Coco, I am so glad to have “met” you through the blogging community and that we’ve become such good friends!  I’m going to pass this on to everyone who reads my blog who has touched my life in some way.  Thank you and lots of hugs.

What is the nicest thing a friend has ever done for you?  My best friend (Bobby) has stuck with me through everything, no matter what.  I don’t know where I’d be without him.

15 Comments on Yoga, Salad, Award. Goodnight!

14 April, 2009 at 6:29 pm (5 years ago)

you’re so sweet Maggie! I hope we can actually meet someday! :)
    I can totally understand why you went on a warm salad….. it’s cold and a cold salad isn’t that appealing!
    Love your daily yoga report! :D

2. Christina
    14 April, 2009 at 6:50 pm (5 years ago)

I know what you mean about it being too cold for veggies! I just told my cousin the same thing – it’s too weird to eat a fresh pineapple when I’m wrapped in a sweatshirt checking the thermostat to figure why the house is so cold! Spring and Summer need to get here b/c I’m ready to munch on some fruit and veggies in the bright sun!

3. Pearl
    14 April, 2009 at 7:31 pm (5 years ago)

awwww you and bobby are adorable :)
    and that salad looks so good!

4. Sharon
    14 April, 2009 at 7:35 pm (5 years ago)

Awh, you and Bobby are so cute together, for sure!
    And that salad looks great! Love the egg whites idea!

5. Sarah (lovINmytummy)
    14 April, 2009 at 7:38 pm (5 years ago)

If Jenn can call a shake a salad, you can definitely call that a salad.

I love my Chrisser for the same reason you love your Bobby. We are lucky ladies, that’s for sure. I would’ve left my crazy ass a long time ago!

6. Jen
    15 April, 2009 at 1:30 am (5 years ago)

Salads with warm toppings are sooo delicious, but the problem is always how the greens underneath wilt! It sounds like you had a fitting meal for a cold day!

I’m trying to think about the nicest thing a friend has ever done for me, and I’m not sure I can pinpoint just one. But I guess that’s something to be grateful for in itself right? Having so many great experiences with giving friends that I can’t pick one. :)

Happy Wednesday, Maggie!

15 April, 2009 at 4:54 am (5 years ago)

Hooray for yoga, the salad, and the blog award!! :-)

8. K
    15 April, 2009 at 6:49 am (5 years ago)

Congrats on your award!!

9. Erin
    15 April, 2009 at 7:11 am (5 years ago)

That’s a salad in my book! But I can’t take tons of raw veggies in the cold weather either. I like many salad components.

10. Sophia
    15 April, 2009 at 7:44 am (5 years ago)

I love how you break that salad down into components so we can use that to personalize our own salads…sounds a bit like my “mix-it-up” bowls!
    congrats on the well-deserved award! you are a sweet person and totally earned it!

11. Missy (Missy Maintains)
    15 April, 2009 at 8:17 am (5 years ago)

Your salad looks delicious! That Newman’s Own dressing is the best!! Great award :)

12. Sagan
    15 April, 2009 at 9:32 am (5 years ago)

Congrats on the award!

13. Julie
    15 April, 2009 at 10:49 am (5 years ago)

Yay for the award :) That salad looks delish!!

14. Lara (Thinspired)
    16 April, 2009 at 1:47 am (5 years ago)

Going through your recent posts is making me wish I did the salad challenge! I think this definitely counts ;)

15. Hangry Pants
    16 April, 2009 at 7:48 am (5 years ago)

Bacon Bits – I just had a flashback to me at my grandma’s house literally drinking from the Bacos container. haha!