I have internets! (And salad)

Sorry for my lack of posting!  I just moved into a new apartment and the Comcast man came this afternoon to hook me up with my fix.  I was having major withdrawal.  But the new apartment is amazing icon smile I have internets! (And salad)

Salad updates…

Sunday: okonomiyaki, again.  Not really a salad.  But a good packed lunch for day 2 of YogaFit level 2.  (No picture.)  More on day 2 to come!  Dinner was very veggieful, but not a salad – it was the mushroom mountain stirfry from Blue Mango.

Monday:

01 monday salad 300x225 I have internets! (And salad)

• base – ~5 cups of chopped spinach
  • toppings – sauteed carrot, mushrooms, leeks, zucchini + steamed kabocha
  • protein – parmesan
  • dressing – annie’s lite honey mustard

Tuesday: (my camera ate my picture! – but it looked pretty much the same as Monday’s)

• base – 1 head of romaine, chopped
  • toppings – sauteed carrot, mushrooms, leeks, cauliflower + steamed kabocha
  • protein – parmesan, bacon bits (these are vegan by the way)
  • dressing – annie’s lite honey mustard

This morning I tried a new breakfast that I’ve been seeing a lot (Heather, Polly) – green oats!  Mine was actually green oatbran.  In the bowl:

02 green oatbran 300x225 I have internets! (And salad)

• 2/3 cup oatbran + almost 2 cups water
  • 2-3 tablespoons raisins
  • cinnamon, salt, vanilla
  • 2 cups spinach

Have you tried green oats??

I cooked the oatbran with the raisins, cinnamon, and vanilla.  I scooped it into my blender and added the spinach.  Blend, blend – yum!  I couldn’t taste the spinach at all.  I will definitely be having this again.  Another benefit of blending it was that the sweetness of the raisins permeated the whole bowl.  I usually save all the raisins to eat at the end, but today I got a bite of raisin every time!

Yoga update – I had a day full of yoga on Sunday with my YogaFit day 2.  Yesterday I didn’t do any yoga at all (hours of moving from one 3rd floor apartment to another 3rd floor apartment will exhaust you – best workout I’ve had in a long time).  Today I did about 10 minutes of yoga and then the cable guy showed up.  I’m hoping to get in a session tonight; I’m feeling tired though because I was moving more stuff again today.  My muscles need a rest!  I might try to do some kind of gentle yoga stretching.

I have a student at 5:30pm, so I’m going to head off and chill out until it’s time to leave…  (Hard to chill in this 90 degree weather we’re having!)

20 Comments on I have internets! (And salad)

1. Marissa
    21 April, 2009 at 4:48 pm (5 years ago)

Ohh…green oats sound interesting!

2. Pearl
    21 April, 2009 at 4:51 pm (5 years ago)

OOoh, my parents are actually eating orange/yellow oats – blended with either sweet potatoes or kabocha!

3. FoodsThatFit
    21 April, 2009 at 4:54 pm (5 years ago)

O.k. I haven’t tried the spinach oats yet, kind of weirds me out….but, yours actually looks really good and I like the idea of sneaking in some veggies to a meal that would normally be basically pure carbs :)

4. Erin
    21 April, 2009 at 4:59 pm (5 years ago)

So much good food. I love mushrooms and your massive amounts of veggies!
    Glad you go internet hooked up, i hate that part of moving.
    And it sounds like a serious workout! I always end up on third floors. Always. I don’t know how, haha.

5. Anna
    21 April, 2009 at 5:16 pm (5 years ago)

Mmmmm yoga.

I have yet to try the spinach oats, but I think I just might some day soon!

21 April, 2009 at 6:00 pm (5 years ago)

welcome back!! :-D

21 April, 2009 at 6:11 pm (5 years ago)

congratulations on moving into a new apartment! it’s so fun to decor a new place!! :D
    I’ve been reading Polly’s blog today and really wanted to try that green oat combo! :) You’re ahead of me!
    looking forward to read more about yogafit 2.

8. Sharon
    21 April, 2009 at 6:46 pm (5 years ago)

YAH!!!!! And oooh totally love your delicious eats!
    That is so exciting about the new apartment!!!

9. carolinebee
    21 April, 2009 at 7:17 pm (5 years ago)

O man CA is burnin up huh!?? How fun with the new apt..i hope all is well :D

10. elise
    21 April, 2009 at 7:35 pm (5 years ago)

ok, ive been referred to your blog (thanks c-line!), and honestly i have no idea how i never found this place before…

i have a massive tub of miso paste and i need to know what the heck to do with it all. its SO salty, all dressings/sauces/marinades/whatever will be appreciated!!

cant wait to continue to read…

11. Hangry Pants
    21 April, 2009 at 8:25 pm (5 years ago)

I have not made the leap to green oats yet.

I don’t think I’ve ever had leeks except in soup. What a good salad topper idea.

Enjoy the new apartment!

12. Jen
    21 April, 2009 at 10:08 pm (5 years ago)

Yay, it sounds like you’re really enjoying the new apartment, so that’s great! Green oats sound like a great way to get your vitamins in, but I’m always so lazy about breakfast that I’d probably never want to take out my blender. :(

The weather is totally on the fritz, I agree. I’m writing this comment right now with my fan blowing in my face. :)

13. clare
    21 April, 2009 at 10:25 pm (5 years ago)

yah ive been eyeing those green oats too, but i eat SO many veggies already…ill stick with my sweet oats for now i think. do you ever do corn mush? cornmeal, mmmmm.

tonight is choco-cherry oatbran. :) happy tuesday, cant wait to hear about your 2nd training day! im totally considering level four soon…4 day intense. i think ill need like a month off after that to try to process…lol!

14. Lara (Thinspired)
    22 April, 2009 at 2:22 am (5 years ago)

I really want to try green oatbran but I have been skeptical of putting the oats in the blender. Do they stick a lot? I wouldn’t want any of the precious oats to go down the drain!

15. K
    22 April, 2009 at 8:44 am (5 years ago)

I am loving your salad creations!! Glad you’re enjoying the new apartment :)

16. healthy ashley
    22 April, 2009 at 9:02 am (5 years ago)

Your salads are always so great. Mmmm!

I want to try green oats!

17. Alison
    22 April, 2009 at 1:58 pm (5 years ago)

I don’t think I could stomach green oats…but I should try it before I rule it out. Love the okonomiyaki!

22 April, 2009 at 8:08 pm (5 years ago)

Maggie,
    All your salads are 100% drool worthy. Nothing like a HUGE bowl of spinach topped with all that goodness. I want to come raid your fridge.

So glad you liked the spinach oats (thanks for the shout-out!) – your bowl looks so pretty. I don’t know why people are so scared as they all do the green smoothies. Same concept, and you can’t really taste the spinach. Love the idea of blending the raisins. I must try that soon.

Congrats on the new apartment. Hope you get everything all unpacked and situated soon. I do not enjoy the actual move, but I always love unpacking and organizing all my stuff in a new place…plus moving always requires several trips to Target…I never complain about having to go to Target. :)