FAQ (Part 3)

For my other FAQ installments, check out the FAQ page.

8. Coco asks, “what’s the best book you’ve ever read. why?”

Ah – I don’t know if I can pick one!  In terms of health books – I think French Women Don’t Get Fat (by Mireille Giuliano) is definitely a favorite.  Her advice is real and healthy, and I like her voice.  As for fiction, I would probably say that my favorite recent book was Good Omens, by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman (he wrote Coraline).  I have no idea what my favorite book of all time is, but that one was really fun.  It’s a funny fantasy novel that’s slightly apocalyptic.  The characters are great and the writing is hysterical.  (There are the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse – but Pestilence has been replaced with Pollution due to the discovery of penicillin).  I also used to be rather obsessed with the Harry Potter series, but I’ve gotten over that.  I have been reading Godel, Escher, Bach for the past 5 years and I still haven’t finished it.  It’s a great book though.  I haven’t touched it lately.  Check it out if you’re a math nerd.  You can also friend me on Goodreads.

9. Coco asks, “what’s the best movie you’ve seen lately. and why you liked it?”

I’m not a big movie person.  I tend to get very distracted, even in theaters.  BUT, I did absolutely love Marley & Me, which I saw a few months ago.  I don’t think that I looked at my watch or got distracted at all during the whole movie.  I’ve also read the book and I highly recommend it.  I think that part of the reason that I liked the movie so much was because I knew what was going to happen.  I always have to ruin endings for myself (I always read spoilers).  I also liked it because I could relate to the story – I grew up with a crazy yellow lab.  Bobby and I just got Milk from Netflix so I think we’re gonna watch that tonight or tomorrow.  I hope I can pay attention.

10. Coco asks, “Does Bobby read your blog?”

Bobby does read my blog.  He doesn’t comment much, but he reads it every day.  He did a guest post once (a restaurant review).

Thanks for the questions. I have more to answer, and I promise I’ll get to them shortly…  If you have additional questions, leave ’em in the comments!

11 Comments on FAQ (Part 3)

1. Run Sarah
    6 May, 2009 at 12:25 pm (7 years ago)

I loved Marley & Me – I can`t wait to read the book.

2. Pearl
    6 May, 2009 at 12:59 pm (7 years ago)

awww Maggie – i’m glad you’re doing well so far! have you tried the sauteed kabocha + garlic?

i really want to see that movie; i heard it was adorable!

3. Dori
    6 May, 2009 at 1:34 pm (7 years ago)

I am exactly the same way as you! I have a hard enough time in movie theaters, but being in my apartment is the worst. I never understood how people love Netflix and are always getting more movies — I cannot sit through a single movie in my own apartment! I get so distracted! In the movie theater I often end up daydreaming. I have never heard of anyone else like this before!

I also loved Marley and Me. Also read the book first and loved it. Also like spoilers — I knew who the killers in Scream were going to be and that made the movie SO much better for me!

4. Jennifer
    6 May, 2009 at 1:41 pm (7 years ago)

I’m so glad you’ve found an effective way to deal with the binging feelings. And all the beta carotene from the kabocha is doing wonders for your eyes/vision. :)

That’s great that Bobby reads/knows about your blog too! I can’t say the same for my BF. (And you were really close! He’ll be interning at Amazon in Seattle. Super cool that Bobby works in Mountain View!)

6 May, 2009 at 4:07 pm (7 years ago)

thanks for answering my questions! Love all your answers! :) I ordered Marley and Me on blockbuster, I hope to get it soon!

6. Alison
    6 May, 2009 at 6:10 pm (7 years ago)

I loved Marley & Me! And French Women…
    Thanks for the FAQs

7. brookesballbuster
    6 May, 2009 at 6:32 pm (7 years ago)

Your blog is so inspirational! Thank you for being so honest with your hardships. It’s not easy to be that open with such personal issues. I know you are the example for many sufferers though. You’re a great woman Maggie!

8. clare
    6 May, 2009 at 10:21 pm (7 years ago)

i hate movies! i can’t focus or relax. to much going on inside my head. reading is hard sometimes too but i force it and can get into it.

my fave book of all time, fiction- http://www.robertmccammon.com/novels/swan_song.html

ive read it almost 10 times. its epic.

yay for staying up late!

9. Lara (Thinspired)
    7 May, 2009 at 3:49 am (7 years ago)

I’m so glad to hear about how you are managing your binges. I think I need to set some ground rules, too. Those are some good pointers. Thank you for your honesty.

10. Emily
    7 May, 2009 at 8:21 am (7 years ago)

I saw Marley and Me, and it was so good…and so sad at the end! I usually don’t get all emotional over movies, but it was a good one. :-)

11. Sophia
    7 May, 2009 at 10:55 am (7 years ago)

AAH!! I wish I’d read your blog before I boarded the plane because they had marley and me as one of the movie options and I DID NOT watch it because I thought it would be bo-ring!
    btw, I’m so glad you’ve found a way to curb your binges! that’s a problem many of us have to deal with. and as for “binging” on kabocha…no such thing for me, haha!