It’s Caturday!

Photoshoot?

Bobby and I are heading off to the gym room (I love it when he’s the one who wants to go).  I’m thinking some quality time my good friend the stepper, whom I’ve been neglecting in favor of the treadmill.  Afterwards we’re going to hop in the pool.

icecream Its Caturday!

I’ve been fueling myself with some wonderful morning bowls of green oats, and my skin and body are thanking me for it.  The Green Tea Ice Cream Green Oats are my favorite bowl ever.  I plan on getting more ice cream soon, because I want to try other flavors.  Next up – Red Bean (Azuki) Ice Cream!  (I get my ice cream at the Japanese food store called Marukai.  It’s on Stevens Creek Boulevard in Cupertino if you want to check it out.)  Or should I try Lychee?  Or Mango?  What flavor do you think I should try next?

What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream, frozen yogurt, or non-dairy ice cream?  I like vanilla and green tea.  I bet I will LOVE the red bean flavor.  I used to be a chocolate girl, but no more.  I don’t know why!

18 Comments on It’s Caturday!

1. Run Sarah
    16 May, 2009 at 3:10 pm (5 years ago)

Mango ice cream is amazing!! I would love to try lychee though.

2. Olga
    16 May, 2009 at 3:17 pm (5 years ago)

I LOVE green tea. It’s my fave! And coffee flavors.

I tried the red bean ice cream and didn’t like it. It weirds me out!

3. Jen
    16 May, 2009 at 3:40 pm (5 years ago)

I say try the red bean or mango next! It’d be way too hard for me to pick my favorite ice cream flavor. :( I’m not picky at all!

4. janetha
    16 May, 2009 at 4:14 pm (5 years ago)

awe your cat is super adorable!

my favorite is vanilla bean, boring eh? but i like to add fresh peaches to the top of it.

5. Anne K.
    16 May, 2009 at 5:02 pm (5 years ago)

What a cute kitty!
    I love vanilla ice cream, but I’d definitely try the mango! It sounds really good.

6. Christina
    16 May, 2009 at 5:27 pm (5 years ago)

I would go for mango next.

I just discovered a new gelato that’s vegan and OMG it’s heavenly. I wrote about it on my blog a few posts back – peach champange.

7. Shelby
    16 May, 2009 at 5:40 pm (5 years ago)

Lychee sounds amazing!!!

8. Sharon
    16 May, 2009 at 7:32 pm (5 years ago)

Mango? lychee? Oh my gosh, I want! LOL!

9. Emily
    16 May, 2009 at 7:38 pm (5 years ago)

red bean sounds awesome!

10. Caroline
    16 May, 2009 at 9:25 pm (5 years ago)

I used to be a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream fanatic, but now I much prefer mint chocolate or vanilla bean:)

11. clare
    16 May, 2009 at 11:31 pm (5 years ago)

hey maggie!

i can haz caturday 2? LOL!

cookies and cream was always my fave until it got crossed off the “list.” ;/ maybe someday ill have it again.

now i love strawberry cheesecake ice cream and other fruit fro-yos that i make in my ice cream machine. :)

your coping mechanism posts are awesome. i meant to comment but just got to much thinking on it to organize it out in writing, but i appreciate your posts a lot.

guess what? i tried sashimi! i feel bad because im totally not impressed. i had salmon, yellowfin tuna, albacore (snowy white) tuna, scallop, sea bass, and snapper. my fave was actually the snapper, and i liked the albacore with soy sauce on it. otherwise i was kindof bored… :( maybe i need to give it another shot, or use more soy sauce or a garnish.

what do yah think?

17 May, 2009 at 3:35 am (5 years ago)

cute cat pictures! :)
    I want to try that green tea ice cream… I bet it’s not so sweet as standard ice cream. And aduki would be my nest pick too. And then I’d try Lychee, they usually come with intense flavor.
    My favorite ice cream flavor? chocolate!!!! :D

13. K
    17 May, 2009 at 6:07 am (5 years ago)

I think mango sounds awesome for the next bowl! My favorite ice cream flavors: vanilla, coffee, or tiramisu :)

14. Alison
    17 May, 2009 at 6:23 am (5 years ago)

Yum…red bean ice cream sounds wonderful! I liked red bean shaved ice in Taiwan. I wish we had a Japanese store near us. Most of the Asian stores around here focus on Thai or Hmong food, since we have a lot of those immigrants.
    My fav ice cream flavor is probably choc. chip cookie dough.

17 May, 2009 at 7:00 am (5 years ago)

Get the red bean Maggie. I’ve always wanted to try it. I’m going to an Asian market later today. Praying they have kabocha! Might have to pick up some red bean ice-cream myself. :)

My favorite ice-cream? I love it all from something simple like vanilla soft serve to extra chunky cookies ‘n cream.

16. The Dainty Pig
    17 May, 2009 at 3:31 pm (5 years ago)

oooh! cute cats! And wow, I don’t know what could possibly be better than green tea icecream…in fact you are a genius for adding it to your oats! I think you should try the red bean, and then the lychee! mmmm. so good.

17. gliding calm
    17 May, 2009 at 4:16 pm (5 years ago)

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the kitty photoshoot! i vote for more!!

18. Lucy
    17 May, 2009 at 4:17 pm (5 years ago)

Oh! I love Marukai! It is half a mile from my place! Your post just reminded me to hit it up for some weekend grocery shopping! =) I LOVE the green tea ice cream green oats! On a hot day like today, a CHILLED cup of ice cream oats might just be a yummy and guilt free dessert.