BSI: Bananas! (Banana Pudding)

Lara’s hosting the  BSI (blogger secret ingredient) this week and she chose bananas!  I go bananas for bananas icon smile BSI: Bananas!  (Banana Pudding)  Here’s a yummy idea…

Banana Pudding

12 banana pudding 300x225 BSI: Bananas!  (Banana Pudding)

Ingredients

• 1 mashed banana
  • 6 ounces soft silken tofu (1/2 pack of Mori-Nu silken tofu)
  • dash of salt
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon PB2 (or regular peanut butter, heated up so it’s melty)

Directions

1. Blend everything in a mini food processor!  It’s that simple.
  2. Top with bananas (I topped with homemade dried bananas from my freezer).

Nutritionals (per 1/2 recipe serving) – 122 calories, 3.2 grams fat, 19.3 grams carbs, 6.1 grams protein.

18 Comments on BSI: Bananas! (Banana Pudding)

1. Jen
    17 May, 2009 at 12:26 pm (6 years ago)

Yummm! What could be better than banana pudding?? I LOVE your addition of honey and PB2; that is a seriously classic combination of flavors right there. :) I bet the tofu gives it such a great texture!

17 May, 2009 at 12:55 pm (6 years ago)

I can imagine how delicious is this combo!!! :) great BSI entry!

3. Jenny
    17 May, 2009 at 12:55 pm (6 years ago)

love this! i am so crazy about banana pudding and i bet its 43984903 million times better with pb2 – genius!

4. Shelby
    17 May, 2009 at 1:02 pm (6 years ago)

Love love love PB2, I must order some more online. I still can’t find it in stores =(

5. Pearl
    17 May, 2009 at 1:10 pm (6 years ago)

:O maggie – how did you make homemade dried bananas in your freezer? i saw the dried bananas topping and immediately thought, “the beautiful maggie got a dehydrator!” hehe :)

6. The Dainty Pig
    17 May, 2009 at 3:30 pm (6 years ago)

mmm! that pudding looks awesome. I love bananas too, and this looks so easy to make. Thanks for the idea!

7. Sophia
    17 May, 2009 at 5:32 pm (6 years ago)

yummy! looks rich and creamy, yet it’s vegan!

8. Sharon
    17 May, 2009 at 7:58 pm (6 years ago)

Oh, that looks awesome!!!

9. yogiclarebear
    17 May, 2009 at 10:46 pm (6 years ago)

oh delish! i ADORE tofu pudding and this looks like a winner. thanks mags!

10. Alison
    18 May, 2009 at 5:49 am (6 years ago)

Cool recipe! I’ve never made tofu pudding but I bet it tastes very creamy.

11. Hangry Pants
    18 May, 2009 at 6:18 am (6 years ago)

Looks simple and delicious, but I haven’t made the leap to silken tofu yet. Any ideas what I could use instead?

12. Dori
    18 May, 2009 at 6:25 am (6 years ago)

Sounds so great! There is a banana pudding that a family member recently made for mother’s day and we all flipped over it — it’s a recipe from Magnolia. I love banana pudding!

13. polly
    18 May, 2009 at 7:40 am (6 years ago)

Maggers,
    Hi love!!! You know we are banana lovin’ friends!!

Yay for naner love. You are so sweet, hope your yoga is yummy as ever and massive hugs to you and your boy! XOXO

14. Kiersten
    19 May, 2009 at 5:55 pm (6 years ago)

Sounds great! I looove bananas (and eat way too many of them). This sounds super easy, I’m definitely trying this!

I bet this would be great if you turned it into banana cream pie.

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on BSI: Bananas! (Banana Pudding)