Keep the BSI entries coming in! I have some great ones so far… (if you’ve entered and you’re not on the list please let me know!)
- Junghwa’s Kabocha Ezekiel Sandwich
- Sophia’s Kabocha-Lentil Burgers
- Michelle’s Oven-roasted Fusion Kabocha
- Cindy’s Nuts for Kabocha
- Elise’s Baked Kabocha
- Heather’s Kabocha with Almond Butter
- Alison’s Soy-Braised Curry Kabocha
- Coco’s Ideas for Kabocha
You have until Sunday night to submit! Then I’ll pick a winner and announce who’s going to be hosting next week.
There have been a few challenges recently (Shelby, Coco, and probably more) that I really liked. I’m going to propose my own challenge. If you want to join me, pick at least one of the following tasks and keep me updated with your progress! Ways to do this:
- Link back to this post OR
- Comment on any post OR
- E-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org)
I’ll post summaries of your updates periodically (depending on how much of a response I get I might post this every day or every other day). I’m calling this the Whole Life Challenge, because I think it’s important to have balance in our WHOLE life – not just bits and pieces! This means nourishing our body, nourishing our mind, and nourishing our soul. Feel free to use this icon or make your own…
The Whole Life Challenge starts tomorrow, Friday May 22nd, 2009! Let’s try to do it for two weeks. If we like it, we can continue on through the end of June. Feel free to join at any time. Here are the options (remember, you only have to pick one for each day, but you can do more):
- Yoga every day (at least 10 minutes)
- Walking every day (at least 10 minutes)
- New meals each week (at least 1 *new* recipe each week – can be for lunch or dinner; this can be a recipe that you make, or a meal that you eat out that you’ve never had before; preferably more than 1 each week!)
- Eating a big enough dinner so that I don’t need to snack before bedtime (aiiii, this is the hardest one!)
- Going organic for greens…
- So that I can eat a nourishing bowl of green oats each day! (any variation of “green” is good here – green smoothie, green oat bran, green oatmeal, green anything!)
- Pick your own! Just let me know what you want to try to do for 2 weeks. I’ll post about it and link back to you if you have a blog.
I’m going to try to do all of them. Are you with me? Try to do one each day!