Today was my first day of the Whole Life Challenge – my attempt at balance in life.
A lot of people are joining me:
- Cindy @ Live Fast, Die Pretty
- Yasmin @ It’s a Wrap!
- Gaby, a reader
- Elise @ Hungry, Hungry Hippie
- Clare, a reader
- Heather @ Heather Eats Almond Butter
- Alisa @ One Frugal Foodie
- Hil @ Blueberry Hil
- Junghwa @ An Apple A Day
If you’re not on the list and you should be, let me know.
Check out how they did! It’s not too late to join now… you can start at any time. And you don’t have to do the same challenges that I’m doing – it’s very customizable. You should just challenge yourself to bring balance to all aspects of your life, or challenge yourself to do something that you’ve wanted to do for a while. For example, Alisa is going to drink a huge glass of water each morning – that’s great! I’m going to try to do that too.
Onto the recap…
- Yoga – today I did Sarah Ivanhoe’s Yoga on the Edge – Sunset through OnDemand’s Exercise TV. It was about 20-25 minutes long. It’s a relaxing video, so don’t expect a workout – but it was a nice stretch after my walk.
- Walking – I walked 4.1 miles today while chatting with my parents and doing 2 crossword puzzles. It ended up being about 70 minutes (!) because I lost track of time while chatting.
- New Meal – today I added sliced rotisserie chicken from Costco to my salad! Does that count? I say yes.
- Organic – I bought 3 packages of organic baby spinach at Costco today. I still have a bit of normal spinach to use up, but that should be done by tomorrow…
- Green oat bran – check! I had two bowls today. The first was with a big spoon of pb&co’s mighty maple, and the second was with a big spoon of Whole Food’s freshly ground almond butter. Both delicious.
I think the first day was a success. How did you do?