Whole Life Challenge: Day 1

Today was my first day of the Whole Life Challenge – my attempt at balance in life.

whole life challenge 300x224 Whole Life Challenge: Day 1

A lot of people are joining me:

If you’re not on the list and you should be, let me know.

Check out how they did! It’s not too late to join now… you can start at any time.  And you don’t have to do the same challenges that I’m doing – it’s very customizable.  You should just challenge yourself to bring balance to all aspects of your life, or challenge yourself to do something that you’ve wanted to do for a while.  For example, Alisa is going to drink a huge glass of water each morning – that’s great!  I’m going to try to do that too.

Onto the recap

1. Yoga – today I did Sarah Ivanhoe’s Yoga on the Edge – Sunset through OnDemand’s Exercise TV.  It was about 20-25 minutes long.  It’s a relaxing video, so don’t expect a workout – but it was a nice stretch after my walk.
  2. Walking – I walked 4.1 miles today while chatting with my parents and doing 2 crossword puzzles.  It ended up being about 70 minutes (!) because I lost track of time while chatting.
  3. New Meal – today I added sliced rotisserie chicken from Costco to my salad!  Does that count?  I say yes.
  4. Organic – I bought 3 packages of organic baby spinach at Costco today.  I still have a bit of normal spinach to use up, but that should be done by tomorrow…
  5. Green oat bran – check!  I had two bowls today.  The first was with a big spoon of pb&co’s mighty maple, and the second was with a big spoon of Whole Food’s freshly ground almond butter.  Both delicious.

I think the first day was a success.  How did you do?

(P.S.  Don’t forget about the Blogger Secret Ingredient, kabocha!  Check this post to see if I have your entry yet.)

12 Comments on Whole Life Challenge: Day 1

1. junghwa
    22 May, 2009 at 10:19 pm (5 years ago)

count me in!
    ;)

22 May, 2009 at 11:20 pm (5 years ago)

I did good. Missed my walk..but accomplished the rest. It was a bumpy day but I am glad I had a challenge to keep me going

3. Pearl
    23 May, 2009 at 2:23 am (5 years ago)

what a great and fun challenge!

23 May, 2009 at 5:23 am (5 years ago)

great day 1! I’m thinking of kabocha recipes! :D

5. Shelby
    23 May, 2009 at 5:37 am (5 years ago)

I love all the oatmeal! I should do like a day of oatmeal haha

6. Jenny
    23 May, 2009 at 6:53 am (5 years ago)

What a great challenge! I love everything you did, looks very balanced and enjoyable! :)

7. Alisa - Frugal Foodie
    23 May, 2009 at 9:07 am (5 years ago)

Nice job! I just started today, and thus far, I did enjoy that big glass of lemon water this morning, so we are off to a good start!

8. Emily
    23 May, 2009 at 10:09 am (5 years ago)

what a great challenge! i’m inspired to write some goals of my own.

how do you do crosswords while you’re walking?! :)

9. K
    23 May, 2009 at 11:54 am (5 years ago)

Way to go!! Looks like you’re going to be great at this challenge :)

23 May, 2009 at 12:32 pm (5 years ago)

Maggie,
    I did really well yesterday. Walked for an hour and did 5 Sun Salutations and headstand. Green oats for breakfast, but no meals. I did have an after dinner snack of butternut squash, but it was actually supposed to be part of my dinner…just wasn’t done cooking yet. :)

Crossword puzzles while walking? Impressive!

11. Sophia
    23 May, 2009 at 4:33 pm (5 years ago)

girl, I wouldn’t say eating green oat bran is a challenge at all! I’ll bet I’ll have to string you up to keep you away from them! haha!
    but…I say GREAT JOB Maggie! Awesome start!

12. The Dainty Pig
    24 May, 2009 at 3:30 pm (5 years ago)

Hello maggie!
    I would love to join your challenge :)
    This weekend has been crazy (i’ll post soon about it), but have managed to do almost everything on the list! I tried some new thai food (seafood dishes), and also wild oats. I have walked everyday, and have done yoga stretching everyday but saturday (i take saturdays off from yoga). Almost everything I ate was organic, except for the thai food. Big dinners…check! Snacking after dinner may have happened a few times, but i’m going to try harder this week! And lastly, green oat bran….i have had oatbran, and greens, but not together in the last few days. But, i honestly did miss it! So i’ll start again soon.

This challenge is a great idea, and good job so far!
    xoxo