Just a quick challenge update because I want to get back to watching Shakespeare In Love with my sweetie. We just watched the game (LA v. Denver) so now I get to pick what we watch (when I saw I “watched” the game, I mean that Bobby watched and I read my new book, Bridget Jones’s Diary).
This morning we went to the farmers’ market in Sunnyvale, and I picked up my new food for the day (not that I need to have a new food each day – it’s by the week, but I figured I might as well go all out): Peppercorn Mousse (“a creamy and spicy combination of chicken liver & duck flavored with black peppercorns“).
Yes, that’s a type of pâté – I talked about my love of pâté in this post. The mousse is from a local company called Fabrique Délices. The mousse is all-natural, pork-free, and fully cooked.
Whole Life Challenge Day 2…
- Yoga – I did 10 minutes (barely) of yoga-like stretching after my walk today. Down-dogs, frog pose, runner’s lunge, and a few sun A’s.
- Walking – 4.4 miles in 60 minutes (I ran slowly at 4.6 mph for part of it; walking got boring); 2% incline. We also walked around at the farmers’ market for 20 minutes or so (at an ambling pace).
- New Meal – the mousse! (above) I also decided to have green oats for dinner, which I’ve never done. I have them often for breakfast and lunch, but never dinner.
- Organic – I finished off the last of my non-organic spinach with my second bowl of oats today; I’ll start using my organic baby spinach (thanks, Costco) tomorrow.
- Green oat bran – yes, 2 bowls! Breakfast was with almond butter (fresh from WF) and dinner was with peanut butter (fresh from WF). I’m really liking the simplicity of oats + nut butter. It’s filling and delicious. No need for sweeteners.
How’d you do on day 2? Here’s a list of participants (let me know if I need to add you!).
(P.S. Don’t forget about the Blogger Secret Ingredient, kabocha! Check this post to see if I have your entry yet. You have until tomorrow – Sunday – night to enter.)