Whole Life Challenge: Day 2

Just a quick challenge update because I want to get back to watching Shakespeare In Love with my sweetie. We just watched the game (LA v. Denver) so now I get to pick what we watch (when I saw I “watched” the game, I mean that Bobby watched and I read my new book, Bridget Jones’s Diary).

This morning we went to the farmers’ market in Sunnyvale, and I picked up my new food for the day (not that I need to have a new food each day – it’s by the week, but I figured I might as well go all out): Peppercorn Mousse (“a creamy and spicy combination of chicken liver & duck flavored with black peppercorns“).

06 peppercorn mousse 225x300 Whole Life Challenge: Day 2

Yes, that’s a type of pâté – I talked about my love of pâté in this post.  The mousse is from a local company called Fabrique Délices.  The mousse is all-natural, pork-free, and fully cooked.

Whole Life Challenge Day 2…

whole life challenge1 Whole Life Challenge: Day 2

1. Yoga – I did 10 minutes (barely) of yoga-like stretching after my walk today.  Down-dogs, frog pose, runner’s lunge, and a few sun A’s.
  2. Walking – 4.4 miles in 60 minutes (I ran slowly at 4.6 mph for part of it; walking got boring); 2% incline.  We also walked around at the farmers’ market for 20 minutes or so (at an ambling pace).
  3. New Meal – the mousse! (above)  I also decided to have green oats for dinner, which I’ve never done.  I have them often for breakfast and lunch, but never dinner.
  4. Organic – I finished off the last of my non-organic spinach with my second bowl of oats today; I’ll start using my organic baby spinach (thanks, Costco) tomorrow.
  5. Green oat bran – yes, 2 bowls!  Breakfast was with almond butter (fresh from WF) and dinner was with peanut butter (fresh from WF).  I’m really liking the simplicity of oats + nut butter.  It’s filling and delicious.  No need for sweeteners.

How’d you do on day 2?  Here’s a list of participants (let me know if I need to add you!).

(P.S. Don’t forget about the Blogger Secret Ingredient, kabocha! Check this post to see if I have your entry yet.  You have until tomorrow – Sunday – night to enter.)

13 Comments on Whole Life Challenge: Day 2

24 May, 2009 at 4:04 am (6 years ago)

totally agree when you said “I think that it doesn’t matter how my tummy feels anymore so I just keep on snacking”, that was me all the time with veggies, that’s the main source of my challenge. :)
    Two bowls of green oats? wooo….. that’s soooo yummy~~~ :D

2. Lara (Thinspired)
    24 May, 2009 at 4:09 am (6 years ago)

I think it’s great that you snacked and didn’t binge…that is a great success, especially since it sounds like you really needed the snack!
    Ok, I even looked around London yesterday for some kabocha and couldn’t find any :( I’m super bummed out. I’m looking forward to more recipes, though, so one day I can try them!

3. erinbee.
    24 May, 2009 at 7:28 am (6 years ago)

oh man. i am AWFUL about snacking at night.
    its something i need to work on. kudos to you!

4. Pearl
    24 May, 2009 at 10:16 am (6 years ago)

yummy oats!

5. Sharon
    24 May, 2009 at 2:12 pm (6 years ago)

You’re doing awesome with the challenge thus far!

6. The Dainty Pig
    24 May, 2009 at 3:37 pm (6 years ago)

oats + nut butter = great combination. so nice to eat, and feels great on the tummy. i’m totally hopping on board with your challenge, and will hopefully have time to do a proper post soon. i’m sad i didn’t get a chance to do a kabocha BSI entry, as i LOVE kabocha so much, but it is wonderful to see everyone else’s.

hope you enjoy the rest of weekend!
    xoxo

7. Elizabeth Edith
    24 May, 2009 at 3:54 pm (6 years ago)

The challenge sounds great, and I’d like to get in on it too, thanks!

8. Sophia
    24 May, 2009 at 4:29 pm (6 years ago)

I’m having oat bran for dinner tonight, too! because of you, I got fixed on oat bran. I put a LOT of kabocha in it, though. I think I might even like them better than rolled oats!
    btw, I have an award for you at my blog…:-)

9. Tanya
    24 May, 2009 at 6:26 pm (6 years ago)

I wanted to do the kabocha challenge, but with my brother & hos girlfriend visiting there was not much cooking involved this past week :-( Can’t wait to see the round up though and try out some recipes.

10. Michelle T
    24 May, 2009 at 7:48 pm (6 years ago)

I 220% get your snacking and I am currently reading a book on dealing with emotional eating. I believe eating when you’re not hungry and knowing your body probably doesn’t need it boils down to eating from an emotion or trigger. I actually just put a post about the book review and a post on a short quiz to see if you are an emotional eater! Check it out!! It really helped me and i hope it helps you too!!!

11. brookesballbuster
    24 May, 2009 at 9:49 pm (6 years ago)

What an awesome challenge! I am going to integrate it into my routine. I love that it promotes healthiness as a “whole”. Great idea hun! Thanks:)

25 May, 2009 at 6:22 am (6 years ago)

Maggie,
    That pate sounds delicious. Gotta love Farmer’s Mkt. finds! Sounds like you’re doing so well with your Whole Life Challenge. My problem at dinner is that I always try to keep it low calorie so that I can have some sort of “dessert” afterwards even if it’s just a bowl of oat bran or some squash with nut butter. The oat bran and squash is what I really want, and so I don’t know why I just don’t eat it for dinner. Trying to be better about this, but I think I just feel like I need to make a dinner and sit down and eat it with Chris instead of making him a veggie-filled dinner and then just having a big bowl of spinach oats for myself. Does that make sense?

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Whole Life Challenge: Day 2