I had a wonderful long weekend with Bobby. On Saturday we lounged. On Sunday we lounged again. Yesterday we went to Santana Row, a snazzy road in San Jose with lots of expensive shops. I got a cute pair of capris from Anthropologie. They’re blue and white stripes. I used to have a pair of pants just like them from Gap, but they don’t fit anymore and I have no idea where they are (New Jersey?).
This was his and hers breakfast on Sunday. Bobby can be healthy too! Mine is green oat bran (just oat bran, fresh peanut butter from Whole Foods, salt, vanilla, and spinach). Bobby’s is white rice with natto (fermented soybean). He loves natto; I think it’s disgusting.
I made a rather intricate meal last night for our holiday dinner. I have been eyeing these recipes for about a week, trying to come up with my own take on them (fruit + meat). So yesterday at Whole Foods I bought about 12 ounces of fresh organic pork sirloin to try something out. Recipes will follow soon…
Raspberry-Rubbed Pork with apples and berries
Berry Delicious Salad
Unpictured was some Garlic Bread topped with parmesan cheese…
And Apple-Raspberry Pie (macrobiotic, vegan, no sugar).
The whole meal was fun to prepare and eat. After the meal we went out to the hot tub for a little while to relax.
Challenge update! All of the participants (comment to let me know if you should be added):
- Readers: Cindy, Gaby, Clare
- Yasmin @ It’s a Wrap!
- Elise @ Hungry, Hungry Hippie
- Heather @ Heather Eats Almond Butter
- Alisa @ One Frugal Foodie
- Hil @ Blueberry Hil
- Junghwa @ An Apple A Day
- Vani @ Fit For Free
- Brooke @ Brooke’s Ball Buster
- Tanya @ Girl XOXO
- Elizabeth @ Elizabeth Edith
- Jessica @ The Dainty Pig
- Julia (my sister!) @ Garbanzo Girl
Overall I’ve been doing well with the challenge.
- Yoga – I did 10 minutes of yoga on Sunday after a walk; down dog, frogs, stretching, headstand. I didn’t do yoga yesterday but I’ll try to make it up today.
- Walking – On Sunday I did 4.26 miles in about 55 minutes on the treadmill (incline 2%). A little bit was running, but mostly walking. Yesterday Bobby and I walked Santana Row for about 2 hours, then walked around in Whole Foods for another hour. I didn’t do any planned exercise yesterday aside from that. I want to do more of this unplanned exercise. I had a really nice time.
- New Meal – nothing new on Sunday (okay because this is a weekly thing) but yesterday I had two new things – the raspberry pork as well as the macrobiotic pie.
- Organic – I’ve been using my organic baby spinach from Costco! I’ve already used about 1.5 pounds since Saturday… good thing I got 3 pounds (3 big containers).
- Green Oat Bran – of course! Sunday’s (above) and Monday’s were both with just peanut butter (+ salt and vanilla, as always). Today’s was with peanut butter and some of a fresh batch of banana-tofu pudding.
I’m really happy with the challenge so far. I’ve learned a lot about my habits and my limits, and I think it’s going to help me maintain that Whole Life Balance that I want. I hope it’s working for you too.
Have you ever attempted something, only to realize that it just wasn’t the right thing for you at the time?