Today is the last day of my first week on the Whole Life Challenge – one week left. I’ve learned a lot about myself by setting these goals, and I hope that I can use what I’ve learned to improve my whole life balance.
Check out how the other participants are doing:
- Readers: Cindy, Gaby, Clare
- Yasmin @ It’s a Wrap!
- Elise @ Hungry, Hungry Hippie
- Heather @ Heather Eats Almond Butter
- Alisa @ One Frugal Foodie
- Hil @ Blueberry Hil
- Junghwa @ An Apple A Day
- Vani @ Fit For Free
- Brooke @ Brooke’s Ball Buster
- Tanya @ Girl XOXO
- Elizabeth @ Health and Happiness
- Jessica @ The Dainty Pig
- Julia (my sister!) @ Garbanzo Girl
- Lara @ Thinspired
Heather also made my apple pie! Now my updates since Tuesday…
- Yoga – this part has been difficult. Yesterday I did 20 minutes of Hatha Yoga #1 from yogadownload. Tuesday I did yoga stretching (10 minutes).
- Walking – great with this. Tuesday I got my 10+ minutes by wandering around window shopping. Yesterday I went on the treadmill for about 54 minutes and did 3.81 miles. A little bit of that was a slow jog (5.5 mph). Today I’m going to try to walk to the supermarket.
- New Meals – This has been really good. I had a new recipe for soba noodles (and shirataki) for dinner last night. I will definitely be posting the recipe soon because Bobby’s comment was something like, “wow, just wow – this is… wow. This is the best thing I’ve ever eaten.” (I put a sauteed hot dog on his, which might have helped.)
- Organic – almost out of spinach. Need to do a Costco run soon. Bought organic romaine 2 days ago though!
- Green Oat Bran – this is my favorite part of the challenge. Not only have I had green oat bran at least once a day, I got a new bowl at TJMaxx to have it in (there was a chip so it was only 30 cents – love it!). I’ve been having a very simple combo of oat bran, nut butter, salt/vanilla, and spinach. I’ve been using the fresh nut butters from Whole Foods, and I don’t really miss the sugary Mighty Maple. Freshly ground is just so delicious.
Don’t forget about this week’s BSI over at Burp and Slurp~… it’s corn!
I want to pass this on to all my other blog friends who have been there for me. You know who you are 🙂 Thank you for always being supportive. What the nicest thing someone has ever done for you? Or that you’ve done for someone?