Today is the last day of my first week on the Whole Life Challenge – one week left. I’ve learned a lot about myself by setting these goals, and I hope that I can use what I’ve learned to improve my whole life balance.
Check out how the other participants are doing:
- Readers: Cindy, Gaby, Clare
- Yasmin @ It’s a Wrap!
- Elise @ Hungry, Hungry Hippie
- Heather @ Heather Eats Almond Butter
- Alisa @ One Frugal Foodie
- Hil @ Blueberry Hil
- Junghwa @ An Apple A Day
- Vani @ Fit For Free
- Brooke @ Brooke’s Ball Buster
- Tanya @ Girl XOXO
- Elizabeth @ Health and Happiness
- Jessica @ The Dainty Pig
- Julia (my sister!) @ Garbanzo Girl
- Lara @ Thinspired
Heather also made my apple pie! Now my updates since Tuesday…
- Yoga – this part has been difficult. Yesterday I did 20 minutes of Hatha Yoga #1 from yogadownload. Tuesday I did yoga stretching (10 minutes).
- Walking – great with this. Tuesday I got my 10+ minutes by wandering around window shopping. Yesterday I went on the treadmill for about 54 minutes and did 3.81 miles. A little bit of that was a slow jog (5.5 mph). Today I’m going to try to walk to the supermarket.
- New Meals – This has been really good. I had a new recipe for soba noodles (and shirataki) for dinner last night. I will definitely be posting the recipe soon because Bobby’s comment was something like, “wow, just wow – this is… wow. This is the best thing I’ve ever eaten.” (I put a sauteed hot dog on his, which might have helped.)
- Organic – almost out of spinach. Need to do a Costco run soon. Bought organic romaine 2 days ago though!
- Green Oat Bran – this is my favorite part of the challenge. Not only have I had green oat bran at least once a day, I got a new bowl at TJMaxx to have it in (there was a chip so it was only 30 cents – love it!). I’ve been having a very simple combo of oat bran, nut butter, salt/vanilla, and spinach. I’ve been using the fresh nut butters from Whole Foods, and I don’t really miss the sugary Mighty Maple. Freshly ground is just so delicious.
Don’t forget about this week’s BSI over at Burp and Slurp~… it’s corn!
I want to pass this on to all my other blog friends who have been there for me. You know who you are Thank you for always being supportive. What the nicest thing someone has ever done for you? Or that you’ve done for someone?