This is a fun, easy, CORN-y recipe that I made up for this week’s BSI (Blogger Secret Ingredient)… I’m trying to use up some orange juice that’s in the fridge, so I incorporated that as well. It adds a really subtle sweetness that is mandatory for all good cornbread. And the bitelettes are just too cute.
Corn Bitelettes with a Hint of Orange
Ingredients (makes 27 bites)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1/2 cup wheat bran (or flour)
- 1/4 cup oat bran (or flour)
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Mix together the wet ingredients (olive oil, egg whites, OJ). Mix together the dry ingredients (corn meal, wheat bran, oat bran, baking powder, salt). Mix them together. Add the corn! and mix well.
- Drop tablespoons of batter into mini-muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-19 minutes at 425F.
Enjoy! I wish I had thought to put cheese on them. That would have been perfect. These are delicious and corny and oh-so-yum. I hope you try them 🙂 Since I forgot to put cheese on top, slathered on some fresh whipped butter. It was great.