Bobby and I couldn’t see Up on Friday night (sold out) so we preordered tickets for yesterday afternoon instead. It was adorable. I like how Pixar’s movies can appeal to audiences of all ages… Sometimes I wonder how much of kiddie movies the kids actually understand. We saw it in 3-D, which was cool. After we saw it we walked around the mall (10 minutes of walking – check).
Last night we went over to our cousins’ house (they now live about a half a mile away) for dinner. They served Mabu Tofu (vegan), a chicken/bell pepper/onion stir-fry (delicious), sauteed bok choy, and white rice. I had some of everything, even the rice. I brought dessert – fruit salad and whipped cream (Reddi-wip, which is HFCS-free.).
This fruit salad was:
- 1/2 cantaloupe
- 1 apple
- 3 kiwis
- bunch of blueberries and raspberries
- drizzle of honey (1 tablespoon?)
- lemon juice (1 tablespoon?)
For my second dessert I made this:
Heavenly. (Oat bran, peanut butter, spinach, Reddi-wip.) I had to repeat it for breakfast this morning.
Whole Life Challenge Update…
- Yoga – I did Sadie Nardini’s power half hour on Friday, but didn’t do any yoga yesterday. I’ll try to catch up (again) today.
- Walking – I’ve been walking every day. Yesterday was short (just in the mall) but I did manage to do a dance-y video from Netflix streaming.
- New Meals – Even though this was only a weekly goal, I’ve managed to have a new meal almost every day. I’m really proud of myself for branching out. (And eating like a normal person.)
- Organic – All of my greens have been organic. I wish I could buy everything organic, but it’s too expensive at the moment. I caved and bought a bunch of non-organic berries because I was craving them, and they’re a good snack (especially with whipped cream).
- Green Oat Bran – Every day, often twice a day.
Be back later with my BSI entry (orange corn bread)… How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun or new or interesting?