Challenges Galore

Only one day left of the Whole Life Challenge. I guess the 2 weeks are over on Thursday night (tomorrow night), but I’m gonna keep going after that. I still need work! Here’s an update:

whole life challenge1 Challenges Galore

1. Yoga – yes! I’m finally doing this every day. Tom Morley’s “buns & thighs yoga” has invigorated me. I’ve done it every morning for the past 3 days. It’s only 20 minutes and it is my favorite 20 minute class ever.
  2. Walking – I love walking. On Monday I walked to and from the post office. Yesterday I did 2 walking videos from exercise tv – a walking warm-up and a walking cool-down (each 10 minutes). They’re under pink ribbon workouts if you want to find them.  Today I walked for exactly 10 minutes on the treadmill before I went on the stepper.
  3. New Meals – definitely keeping up with this, too. Trying to de-clutter my kitchen will help even more. We were planning on going out to Loving Hut (a vegan restaurant) for our 3.5 year um… half-iversary?  But my stomach has been bugging me so we’re saving that for later this week.
  4. Organic – yep, yep, yep. Only my greens have to be organic, but I try to get the other stuff too.
  5. Green Oat Bran – duh. I LOVE this part of the challenge. Oat bran + peanut butter + spinach make Maggie one happy girl.

I think I’m finally getting into the swing of things, which is why I am definitely not going to stop. I’m even thinking of adding some more…

• de-clutter daily
  • drink a glass of water before I go to bed (I always wake up parched)
  • take 5-10 minutes each day to clean/organize something
  • take a few deep breaths before I make any decisions – I’m impulsive, to say the least.

I enjoy challenging myself. Cindy loves it too – I get great ideas from her sweet blog. Don’t forget to check out the other participants. They’ve added some great ideas to the ones I came up with.

What other challenges would you add?  What has been your biggest challenge?

11 Comments on Challenges Galore

1. Lara (Thinspired)
    4 June, 2009 at 2:08 am (6 years ago)

I haven’t been blogging but I’ve been having my green smoothies, walking, and even revisiting a little yoga!! :)

4 June, 2009 at 3:14 am (6 years ago)

I love the idea of challenge myself for a good cause! It feels great both physically and mentally being able to continue with the challenge! :)
    I think I need to add to mine the trying new food part!

3. Alison
    4 June, 2009 at 4:21 am (6 years ago)

I decided that this week is anti-procrastination week. There’s so many things that I’ve been putting off that every day this week I’m going to get at last a few of them done. It’s related to the decluttering idea, since that one of the things I’ve been procrastinating.

4. Yasmin
    4 June, 2009 at 5:17 am (6 years ago)

This has been a great 2 weeks! I really feel much better about challenging myself to be a more “wholesome” person! Great idea and thanks for including me in this journey with you.

4 June, 2009 at 5:53 am (6 years ago)

Maggie,
    The challenge is going really well. Enjoying it so much, especially the extra bit of walking and LOVING my green bowls as well. My biggest challenge is eating what I want for dinner, but I’m doing better. :)

4 June, 2009 at 7:52 am (6 years ago)

Nothing says “you’ve gotten old baby” like a “run” challenge
    wheez

It’s my real personal goal to show up my younger brother at the next family get together…. ” race you to the end of the street and back”

some things never get old..

just ME…HACK

OH and Anti-Procrastination sounds LIKE a great goal….. for September.

(i do that too waaaay too much)
    Happy Thursday Everyone :)

7. Justine
    4 June, 2009 at 8:19 am (6 years ago)

Congrats on the whole life challenge and good luck with your add ons.

~Justine

8. Jess
    4 June, 2009 at 11:40 am (6 years ago)

Thank you so much for the comment! I am gonna add you to my blogroll right now, and I love you additions!! Great list :)
    <3 jess

9. Alisa - Frugal Foodie
    5 June, 2009 at 9:18 am (6 years ago)

I didn’t post up every day, but have been doing it everyday! I am going to try to post up on my results today, as well as the next step in my Whole Live Challenge. Thanks for this great idea Maggie!

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Challenges Galore