Another Green Start

I forgot to mention last night that I made Mom try my pâté… and she *loved* it.  She thought it was so funny that I would have pâté in my house since I’m such a health nut and eat vegan about 90% of the time.  We both agreed that Dad probably would have loved it even more.  Yum.  My parents always enjoy having meat (in moderation of course) because both of my siblings are vegetarian (my sister is actually vegan) and my parents are way too accommodating (kidding… kind of).

This morning we started out again with green oat bran, ‘cept this time I put more spinach in Mom’s (at her request)!  She actually went all out and made a cool savory concoction – so good.  I would definitely make it for dinner.

01 double green oat bran 300x225 Another Green Start

Mine was simple: oat bran, extra peanut butter, salt & vanilla, spinach.  Mom’s was savory: oat bran, a teaspoon of olive oil, salt & pepper, oregano, spinach – topped with parmesan!  She’s very creative.

Today’s plans include… Santa Cruz (for beaching), then Half Moon Bay (for cuteness), and foot massages (for relaxing) after we get home.  Sounds good to me.  Happy Thursday icon smile Another Green Start

16 Comments on Another Green Start

1. Maria
    11 June, 2009 at 12:32 pm (5 years ago)

I had my mom try some of my green smoothie today too and she had this “I can’t believe this is spinach” look on her face ;). Beaches and foot massages? Sounds super fun and relaxing. Hope you have a fabulous day too, Maggie!

11 June, 2009 at 12:55 pm (5 years ago)

Maggie,
    What a wonderful Thursday, and I now know where you get your love of Parm. :)

I’m so glad you are enjoying having your mom in town. My family is here in Nashville, and CD and I have decided not to move to Colorado. So, as excited as I was about our move out West, I am happy that I will be close to my family as I don’t know what I’d do without them.

So good to know you also eat an entire kabocha in a day. I was starting to think I had a squash eating problem.

Enjoy your foot massage!

11 June, 2009 at 1:03 pm (5 years ago)

I love reading about/seeing the foods that you’re enjoying with your mom!! :-D

4. Shelby
    11 June, 2009 at 1:15 pm (5 years ago)

I love how your mom is totally getting into green oat bran! That is so awesome! =)

11 June, 2009 at 1:35 pm (5 years ago)

Now you have a breakfast version of oatbran and a dinner one!
    MMM

foot massages sound AWESOME right about now!

6. Danielle
    11 June, 2009 at 1:53 pm (5 years ago)

I love that your mom is trying all your favorite foods!

7. Jess
    11 June, 2009 at 1:57 pm (5 years ago)

Foot massages? FUN!!
    Your green oats look great and sound delicious. Your mom is creative for sure! Gotta love parm ;)
    <3 jess

8. Sagan
    11 June, 2009 at 2:19 pm (5 years ago)

She’s super creative! Beaching, cuteness, and relaxing sounds perfect.

9. Pearl
    11 June, 2009 at 2:22 pm (5 years ago)

if you visit san diego, you must visit me!

10. Lara (Thinspired)
    11 June, 2009 at 2:25 pm (5 years ago)

Ok, confession time…my in-laws always try to get me to eat pate and I always say I don’t like it, but I have actually never tried it! Usually I will try any food once but pate freaks me out for some reason. Just wanted to come clean with someone ;)

Enjoy your day, Maggie!

11. Sophia
    11 June, 2009 at 6:31 pm (5 years ago)

like mother, like daughter! that is one creative, spankin’ bowl of oats…yum, cheese!

12. Alison
    11 June, 2009 at 7:02 pm (5 years ago)

Great idea of your mom! It’d be like having pesto for breakfast!

13. Hil
    11 June, 2009 at 10:27 pm (5 years ago)

Oh, I love Santa Cruz. I’m hoping to make it up there sometime this summer. I hope you have a great time there with your mom!

12 June, 2009 at 2:55 am (5 years ago)

your mom’s savory version of the green oat sounds delicious!! she’s so creative as well! :D

15. elise
    12 June, 2009 at 8:49 am (5 years ago)

im not gonna lie, pate reminds me of cat food. when i lived in spain my senora made me sandwiches with it and i just threw them out. wasteful yes, but better than causing me to hurl!

ok, so for some unknown reason my blog makeover has hit a road bump, so although my blog address is the same, you have to change the google reader subscription to http://www.hungryhungryhippie.com/feed

not sure why, but don’t forget to make the switch, i lost all my readers (tear)

16. The Dainty Pig
    12 June, 2009 at 10:30 am (5 years ago)

sounds like you are having a wonderful time with your momma. i’m so glad that she could come and visit–it looks like you are making the most of your time!!
    good for her for making the spinach oats her own! yay!!