I have amazing readers. I loved hearing about all of your own sweetest presents yesterday. I hope it’s okay that I post a few of them from the comments:
- Cindy‘s greatest gifts are her kids
- Annabel says she’s thankful for thoughtfulness in any form (definitely a good mindset)
- Heather likes it when someone listens to you and gets you something that you might mention briefly (I love this kind of gift too)
- Emily‘s favorite gift was a meaningful letter from her sister
- Lara gets mom hand-me-downs too – even a simple sweatshirt is meaningful when it’s one of your mom’s favorites
- and more
Another very cool reader named Brian sent me this great idea for a savory breakfast. He was getting tired of the same old oat bran, so he made oatmeal with a twist!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 can Campbell’s tomato soup
- 1 can skim milk
- 1/2 cup Quaker rolled oats (next time try 1 cup)
Brian says he would use a whole cup of oats next time to make it thicker, but it still was delicious and he would make it again. Thanks for the idea Brian!
I didn’t make a twist on my usual green oat bran (oat bran, peanut butter, salt & vanilla, spinach)…
But I did get a new bowl. This one is from Daiso, a cute Japanese dollar-store type place. Instead of everything being a dollar, most things are $1.50. This bowl was $1.50 and it’s nice and big. I really like it.
I have been making a change with my huge salads – instead of parmesan (which apparently bugs my stomach), I’ve been putting vegan bacon bits on top. So good. This salad was romaine, green peas (fresh, no spray), red onion, rotisserie chicken, chopped cherries, bacon bits, and newman’s own lowfat sesame ginger.
I’ve been neglecting posting about my June challenges (decluttering and a continuation of my Whole Life Challenge) but I’ll do an update soon. I also have an update about an interesting health tip that I’ve been trying out too. Here’s a hint – organic apple cider vinegar. (Okay, that wasn’t a hint, that was it – but I DO have more to say on it.)
Off to my mat. Happy Wednesday