For the past 2-ish weeks I’ve been having shots of organic apple cider vinegar in the morning because… well, I don’t really know. I just thought it would be a good idea.
I first tried apple cider vinegar a few years ago when I asked my chiropractor what I could do to “cleanse”. He suggested diluting it in water and taking it with honey in the morning. He also said you have to use organic. I thought it tasted gross and I didn’t do it for more than a day or two.
Then 2 weeks ago I came across my bottle of vinegar. I decided to try doing shots again. I actually stuck with it this time. So far I’ve noticed:
- a daily dose of vinegar makes you very “regular”
- my skin got really really bad in the middle of last week but now it’s clearing up again
- I want to do yoga more (?)
I have no idea if these things are actually related to vinegar consumption. Maybe?
Here are some other benefits that supposedely come from taking apple cider vinegar:
- good for digestion
- good for complexion
- helps with weight management
- reduces bad cholesterol & regulates blood pressure (from the pectin, a fiber)
- helps your body better extract calcium from foods
- lots of potassium – helps eliminate toxins
- beta-carotene helps you maintain firm skin and keeps you looking youthful (though I think I get enough of this already…)
- malic acid helps fight infections
- relieves joint pain
- helps with all these things: constipation, headaches, arthritis, weak bones, indigestion, high cholesterol, diarrhea, eczema, sore eyes, chronic fatigue, mild food poisoning, hair loss, high blood pressure, obesity
Sounds pretty awesome right? I got most of this info from this article if you want to read more.
Will you try it? Have you tried it? What did you think?
I’m going to leave you with this teaser of what I had for lunch yesterday. I found this awesome blog and got inspired. Is that white rice?? Maggie eats rice??