I’ve been talking a lot about food lately, but I’ve been exercising too. If you’re ever curious about what I do each day, check out my WORKOUT page. I list my daily workouts.
The past few weeks I’ve mostly been doing yoga and walking. Every since my Whole Life Challenge I’ve done yoga just about every day. I’ve been doing a morning flow – it varies between 25 and 35 minutes, and it’s all on my own. I set the timer and go. (Try this!)
As for walking, I’ve tried to get outside and walk at least once a day. Today I had to go to the post office, so I walked there and back (1 mile each way). I also had to pick up some groceries (I like to go often and only get a few items), so I walked to Han Kook and back (0.7 miles each way). I got in 3.4 miles of walking just by doing my errands.
On Saturday I tricked Bobby into going for a walk with me… it ended up being a 4 mile walk around the block. He was surprised at how easy it was to walk 4 miles, but he felt the effects the next day. He said his feet were really sore.
My new favorite yoga flow is this (repeat on each side):
- from standing, inhale chair, exhale on the right to twisting chair pose (3 breaths)
- look down, stepping the left foot back, revolving lunge (3 breaths; bind optional)
- cartwheel the hands and lower the back foot, warrior 2 (3 breaths)
- inhale to reverse warrior…
- exhale half moon, right foot standing (3 breaths)
- lower the left hand down, warrior 3 with hands down (2 breaths)
- lower the left leg and inhale to chair pose
- then exhale to mountain
- inhale chair, twist to the left, and repeat the sequence on that side…
I hope you get a chance to try this short flow – add it in to a quick morning routine. Start with some deep breathing, do a few simple sun salutations, do this flow, and follow it with some stretching on your mat. It’ll wake you up, I promise!
What’s your favorite flow?