ABU love

The most recent blog fad seems to be… PBU.

So I made ABU, with almond butter and chocolate soy milk.  I have a container of chocolate soy milk that I need to use (I don’t drink milk, soy milk, or any milk really… I don’t really eat much cereal and I haven’t been baking) so I decided to use that for this good cause.

12 abu 300x225 ABU love

I changed it a little – 1 part almond butter to 3 parts milk – to make it more saucey and less creamy.  I blended it in my mini food processor.

11 abu 300x225 ABU love

It was fabulous.

On kabocha.

13 kabocha abu 300x225 ABU love

Plain.  It’s like a chocolate milkshake…

Sopped up with bread.

You must try it.  It cheered me up.  I am sad because Bobby is in Miami for the weekend and I miss him.  He’s spending quality time with his family though, and I’m happy about that.

The other day when I was feeling glum (Tuesday), I did something else to get happy.

07 toes 300x225 ABU love

A pedicure!  My toes looked terrible before this.  I try to do my own pedis, but every once in a while you need to get a real one done at the salon.  I love the woman that I found (her name is Tina and the salon is Century Nails in Santa Clara – she rocks) and I go to her for everything.  Plus it’s cheap icon biggrin ABU love

I have lots of yummy plans for today – yoga, reading, maybe an errand or two, and whatever else comes my way.  What are your weekend plans?  I think I want to check out a new yoga class, and I’m teaching on Sunday.

P.S. I made chayote!  I’ll post about it soon.  It was good.

P.P.S.  Coco tried doing a yoga flow on her own and SHE LOVED IT!  She also tried apple cider vinegar. What are you waiting for?

20 Comments on ABU love

26 June, 2009 at 10:50 am (5 years ago)

I made ABU this am too. I mixed almond butter and almond milk…than a banana, than an avocado…. than berries…. MMM

so fun and YUM

Your toes are so CUTE…mine could use a week at the salon. very neglected! is why i love my sneakers! :0

I am going to spend a day (and night) with my Pops. Dad’s girlfriend is fretting over what kind of cake i want and what kind of things we eat etc….she is so cute…I love her to peices.

I really really need some dad time! Plus I have a fun father’s day gift to give him. I made a memory book from My Publisher. I hope he likes it and I HOPE JD handles an overnight trip well. we need to get away!

Happy Friday

2. Shelby
    26 June, 2009 at 11:24 am (5 years ago)

Mmm, chocolate milk with AB sounds AMAZING! I’ve got to pick some up. I think I would just drink it straight up, a milkshake sounds amazing right now.

Cute toes! I haven’t gone in a long time to get my nails done. I usually do them myself…they never turn out as nice though.

3. Annabel
    26 June, 2009 at 11:27 am (5 years ago)

Hey! The PBU looks delish! I can’t wait to try it myself! :D You health food bloggers and your kabocha. I wonder if all the kabocha producers are just in heaven right now wondering how their little vegetable all of a sudden became a phenomenon! ;) Your toes look adorable! No big weekend plans here, but I know it will be great! TGIF!

4. Erin
    26 June, 2009 at 11:28 am (5 years ago)

Mmmmm, I love ABU. Glad you made it!! Sounds great with chocolate.

5. Maria
    26 June, 2009 at 11:47 am (5 years ago)

Love ABU on kabocha! Yay for pedicures–I had my first one last saturday and it was just fabulous :D. Can’t wait to hear about the chayote. I think I’ll head over to my natural food’s market this weekend and get some acupuncture for my back. I tried the apple cider vinegar for a couple days but ran out :(. I think it was great and helped reduce the bloating I so often get. Must go buy another bottle at TJ’s! Hope you have a great daa\y!

6. Lynn
    26 June, 2009 at 12:39 pm (5 years ago)

Yummy ABU drink!!!

Ok, where do you and everyone else buy the kabocha???? I cant find it anywhere :(

7. Erin
    26 June, 2009 at 1:11 pm (5 years ago)

Fabulous pedi! Great color too. That almond butter sauce looks fierce.

8. Yasmin
    26 June, 2009 at 1:37 pm (5 years ago)

Very cute pedi! I love treating myself once in awhile to a pedicure too. Perfect timing for summer sandals :)

9. kailey
    26 June, 2009 at 2:13 pm (5 years ago)

mm your ABU sounds so good :)
    ahh pedicures are so relaxing..or so I have heard, i’ve never actaully had one actually! haha
    oh i picked the ingredients to make the cheesecake you posted and im so excited to try it out!

10. Emily
    26 June, 2009 at 2:43 pm (5 years ago)

I tried kabocha the other day! I just steamed it, but I guess I steamed it too long, because it was a little too mushy. The taste was awesome though!

Love the polish! I always do my own pedis because I have a thing about other people touching my feet. I love a mani, though :)

Have a great weekend!

11. Sagan
    26 June, 2009 at 4:07 pm (5 years ago)

Pretty toesies! And I hadn’t heard of the PBU/ABU… great idea! Sound super good.

26 June, 2009 at 8:02 pm (5 years ago)

Maggie,
    How did you not simply drink all that ABU at once? One sip, and I would have downed the entire thing, I just know it.

Can’t wait to hear about your chayote adventures. Love your pretty toes. :)

Bobby will be back very soon – enjoy your Maggie time.

13. MarathonVal
    26 June, 2009 at 8:24 pm (5 years ago)

Awesome idea – I havent seen the PBU concept in the blog world anywhere so I’m glad you are re-introducing it. I just bought some dark choc PB so that would be even more fabulous I can only imagine!!

14. Alison
    26 June, 2009 at 9:39 pm (5 years ago)

Huh…I hadn’t notice PBU yet. It sounds good, as does ABU. Actually, coconut milk would be a great addition – but wouldn’t help make the dish healthier.

27 June, 2009 at 3:34 am (5 years ago)

your toes look so pretty!!! I love pedicure!!! I tried my first pedicure two weeks ago and I think I can’t live without it anymore!!!
    ABU seems the latest blog fashion… I haven’t jump to the bagon yet… because I wonder how can you eat it since I never use anything for salsa.. but I guess I need to try it anyway!
    thanks for the shouting out!!! :)

16. Leng
    27 June, 2009 at 8:48 am (5 years ago)

I gave myself a pedicore last night also! My toes we straight out disgusting! This summer weather has gotten me wearing more sandals and more conscious of my feet. Now, I have pretty toes as well. :-)

17. CurlyTop
    27 June, 2009 at 9:09 pm (5 years ago)

Hoooray!

Seriously, when I created Pbu I knew it would be big… but I’m so, SO happythat you all love it so much. Makes me blush everytime I see someone mention it. :D

With Love,

Emily

18. gliding calm
    29 June, 2009 at 8:15 pm (5 years ago)

ABU! niceee. even better with the chocolate touch!

hurray for pedicures!!!