Recipe time – healthy inspiration

I was looking through old blog posts of mine (this used to be a strictly recipes blog), and thought maybe I’d share/remind you guys of a few of my favorite recipes. I think most people started reading after I posted them.

Banana dessert

• banana, yogurt, whipped cream, cinnamon

banana pudding

Kale and Seaweed Salad

• kale, seaweed, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sesame seeds

kale seaweed

Vegan Strawberry Lassi

• strawberries, almond milk, silken tofu, agave, salt

strawberry lassi

Strawberry Salad

strawberry salad

Edamame Lemon Tofu Salad

edamame lemon salad

Hope these give you inspiration on this lovely weekend – for more inspiring foods, remember to check out Healthy Yum – inspiration every 30 minutes!

15 Comments on Recipe time – healthy inspiration

11 July, 2009 at 12:56 pm (6 years ago)

Ahhhh, all pure deliciousness!! I’m all over that seaweed salad.

2. Lara (Thinspired)
    11 July, 2009 at 1:12 pm (6 years ago)

Oooh, the banana dessert sounds really delicious.
    If we want to submit something to Healthy Yum but it was a recipe from a magazine or something, how does that work? Should we put that in the title? Or should we only be submitting original creations? ;)
    Hope you’re having a great weekend!

3. Meg
    11 July, 2009 at 2:05 pm (6 years ago)

I adore your recipes :)

The faux cheesecake is still my fave go-to dessert when I’m feeling a little too lazy to whip out the baking pans ;)

Thanks!
    Meg

11 July, 2009 at 2:27 pm (6 years ago)

oooh Kale AND sewaweed…Have both

might be my dinner !

I adore your recipes! Keep em coming!

5. Abby
    11 July, 2009 at 2:28 pm (6 years ago)

That banana dessert sounds delicious and so simple–I might experiment with that a bit (maybe freeze the banana first or add some PB in there).

I mentioned Healthy Yum on my blog!

6. Maria
    11 July, 2009 at 2:34 pm (6 years ago)

Yummm!!!! All those pictures look gorgeous, Maggie–I want to try them all :D Loooove seaweed and that strawberry Lassi sounds especially tasty right now since it’s so hot outside.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!!

7. MarathonVal
    11 July, 2009 at 3:28 pm (6 years ago)

I’m so bummed that my camera is still broken or else I would get busy posting to your new site! It looks great though! :)

8. Marina
    11 July, 2009 at 3:59 pm (6 years ago)

Hi! I just came across your blog when I saw your review of Bethenny Frankel’s book, “Naturally Thin.” I left quite a long review on that page for you to read! lol

I’ll be adding you to my blogroll, and I hope you do the same. I also run a food blog and update throughout the day. I hope you check it out sometime.

Take care!
    Marina

9. Shelby
    11 July, 2009 at 4:44 pm (6 years ago)

Love the strawberry salad! I’m so glad you re-posted these so I could find it =)

10. CaSaundra
    11 July, 2009 at 5:08 pm (6 years ago)

You have some amazing recipes that I can’t wait to try! So glad I stumbled upon your blog =)

11 July, 2009 at 7:03 pm (6 years ago)

I love these recipes. they’re simple, healthy, yummy and pretty!! :)

12. JB
    11 July, 2009 at 8:14 pm (6 years ago)

the kale and seaweed salad sounds delicious. so simple, and so green! i think i’ll make that sometime! (but with agave instead of honey.) your food looks wonderful! i really like your blog.

13. Anne K.
    11 July, 2009 at 8:30 pm (6 years ago)

Great recipes! That banana dessert looks fabulous. I’m definitely going to try that :D

14. Andrea@WellnessNotes
    11 July, 2009 at 9:54 pm (6 years ago)

Great recipes! I think I’ll try the banana dessert tomorrow! :)

15. Gwendolyn
    14 September, 2010 at 9:04 am (5 years ago)

Hi, I was reading your article and I just wanted to thank you for putting out such excellent content. There is so much junk on the internet these days its difficult to find anything worthwhile. I actually have cooked this recipe before, I got this book last month on recommendation from a friend http://ninjahq.com/go/cookingrecipes and it turned out very nice! I’m very eager to try your variation of it though, it looks excellent. I think you might enjoy those recipes, they’re very good. Thanks for the article and great ideas.