Recipe time – healthy inspiration

I was looking through old blog posts of mine (this used to be a strictly recipes blog), and thought maybe I’d share/remind you guys of a few of my favorite recipes. I think most people started reading after I posted them.

Banana dessert

• banana, yogurt, whipped cream, cinnamon

banana pudding 300x225 Recipe time   healthy inspiration

Kale and Seaweed Salad

• kale, seaweed, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sesame seeds

kale seaweed 300x225 Recipe time   healthy inspiration

Vegan Strawberry Lassi

• strawberries, almond milk, silken tofu, agave, salt

strawberry lassi 225x300 Recipe time   healthy inspiration

Strawberry Salad

strawberry salad 300x225 Recipe time   healthy inspiration

Edamame Lemon Tofu Salad

edamame lemon salad 300x225 Recipe time   healthy inspiration

Hope these give you inspiration on this lovely weekend – for more inspiring foods, remember to check out Healthy Yum – inspiration every 30 minutes!

15 Comments on Recipe time – healthy inspiration

11 July, 2009 at 12:56 pm (5 years ago)

Ahhhh, all pure deliciousness!! I’m all over that seaweed salad.

2. Lara (Thinspired)
    11 July, 2009 at 1:12 pm (5 years ago)

Oooh, the banana dessert sounds really delicious.
    If we want to submit something to Healthy Yum but it was a recipe from a magazine or something, how does that work? Should we put that in the title? Or should we only be submitting original creations? ;)
    Hope you’re having a great weekend!

3. Meg
    11 July, 2009 at 2:05 pm (5 years ago)

I adore your recipes :)

The faux cheesecake is still my fave go-to dessert when I’m feeling a little too lazy to whip out the baking pans ;)

Thanks!
    Meg

11 July, 2009 at 2:27 pm (5 years ago)

oooh Kale AND sewaweed…Have both

might be my dinner !

I adore your recipes! Keep em coming!

5. Abby
    11 July, 2009 at 2:28 pm (5 years ago)

That banana dessert sounds delicious and so simple–I might experiment with that a bit (maybe freeze the banana first or add some PB in there).

I mentioned Healthy Yum on my blog!

6. Maria
    11 July, 2009 at 2:34 pm (5 years ago)

Yummm!!!! All those pictures look gorgeous, Maggie–I want to try them all :D Loooove seaweed and that strawberry Lassi sounds especially tasty right now since it’s so hot outside.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!!

7. MarathonVal
    11 July, 2009 at 3:28 pm (5 years ago)

I’m so bummed that my camera is still broken or else I would get busy posting to your new site! It looks great though! :)

8. Marina
    11 July, 2009 at 3:59 pm (5 years ago)

Hi! I just came across your blog when I saw your review of Bethenny Frankel’s book, “Naturally Thin.” I left quite a long review on that page for you to read! lol

I’ll be adding you to my blogroll, and I hope you do the same. I also run a food blog and update throughout the day. I hope you check it out sometime.

Take care!
    Marina

9. Shelby
    11 July, 2009 at 4:44 pm (5 years ago)

Love the strawberry salad! I’m so glad you re-posted these so I could find it =)

10. CaSaundra
    11 July, 2009 at 5:08 pm (5 years ago)

You have some amazing recipes that I can’t wait to try! So glad I stumbled upon your blog =)

11 July, 2009 at 7:03 pm (5 years ago)

I love these recipes. they’re simple, healthy, yummy and pretty!! :)

12. JB
    11 July, 2009 at 8:14 pm (5 years ago)

the kale and seaweed salad sounds delicious. so simple, and so green! i think i’ll make that sometime! (but with agave instead of honey.) your food looks wonderful! i really like your blog.

13. Anne K.
    11 July, 2009 at 8:30 pm (5 years ago)

Great recipes! That banana dessert looks fabulous. I’m definitely going to try that :D

14. Andrea@WellnessNotes
    11 July, 2009 at 9:54 pm (5 years ago)

Great recipes! I think I’ll try the banana dessert tomorrow! :)

15. Gwendolyn
    14 September, 2010 at 9:04 am (4 years ago)

Hi, I was reading your article and I just wanted to thank you for putting out such excellent content. There is so much junk on the internet these days its difficult to find anything worthwhile. I actually have cooked this recipe before, I got this book last month on recommendation from a friend http://ninjahq.com/go/cookingrecipes and it turned out very nice! I’m very eager to try your variation of it though, it looks excellent. I think you might enjoy those recipes, they’re very good. Thanks for the article and great ideas.