Supersize Me (just a little)

We had a really nice Saturday… in the afternoon we were going to see Food, Inc. in Palo Alto but got stuck in traffic and ended up getting there 20 minutes late. So we decided to see it another time (today I hope) and instead get my favorite soy frozen yogurt.

05 frozen yogurt 300x261 Supersize Me (just a little)

This was a medium soy frozen yogurt topped with the freebies – cinnamon, nutmeg, and cocoa. Bobby got a natural/chocolate swirl (dairy) with strawberries. He got the small. Whattttt.

I also scored these OPI polishes buy one get one free (discontinued colors). They’re shimmery but you can’t really see it here.

07 opi polish 300x225 Supersize Me (just a little)

Later that night I had parent-teacher conferences from 7-8pm, and they went overtime. Boo. We were a little late to a comedy show (Johnny Walker and Brent Weinbach) but we enjoyed it a lot. They were both hysterical. My sense of humor is… odd. I don’t know how much a normal person would have liked it, but I was highly amused.

Finally got home around 10pm and I was hungry again (what else is new?). I made some kabocha drizzled with a sample of Sunbutter and more sesame seeds.

06 sunbutter kabocha 300x225 Supersize Me (just a little)

I found another new snack that I didn’t take a picture of – basmati rice with Sunbutter. ┬áIt’s delicious.

I made an awesome dish on Friday night based on a HealthyYum. It rocked, and I’ll share the recipe tomorrow.

How was your weekend?

22 Comments on Supersize Me (just a little)

1. Lara (Thinspired)
    12 July, 2009 at 11:09 am (5 years ago)

I love OPI–it’s just the best, isn’t it?!
    Are you going to do a review on Food, Inc? I’d love to hear your thoughts on it!

2. Marina
    12 July, 2009 at 12:13 pm (5 years ago)

Frozen soy yogurt? Yum… where did you get this? It looks fabulous!

3. gliding calm
    12 July, 2009 at 1:42 pm (5 years ago)

i’ve never seen a place where you can get SOY frozen yogurt?! that sounds delicious!!!!!!! and looks amazing!

hurray for opi nail color! it’s the bomb!

4. Jess
    12 July, 2009 at 2:02 pm (5 years ago)

Soy frozen yogurt sounds delicious! Yum!

I loveee nut butters too. Glad you’re loving them also!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

5. Abby
    12 July, 2009 at 2:28 pm (5 years ago)

Your yogurt looks delicious! Twist soft serve is pretty much the best thing ever.

I’m in the same boat with the need to gain and healthy fat additions, so bring on the avocado, nut butters and seeds (toasted sesame seeds go with anything–or at least I pretend they do).

OPI deal? Score!

6. Hangry Pants
    12 July, 2009 at 2:57 pm (5 years ago)

Good choice not to miss the first 20 minutes. My weekend is great. Thanks for asking. :D

7. April
    12 July, 2009 at 3:07 pm (5 years ago)

All the food looks great! I am bad at bingeing on nutbutters so I don’t keep them in the house. I need to make friends with them.

Weekend is perfect!

8. Shelby
    12 July, 2009 at 3:25 pm (5 years ago)

Soy frozen yogurt?!? YUM!!!

Love those two colors of nail polish, so perfect for summer.

9. Sarah (LovIN My Tummy)
    12 July, 2009 at 3:38 pm (5 years ago)

Good for you for being aware of what your body needs/wants weight wise!

That kabocha with sunbutter is making me drool….

10. Sophia
    12 July, 2009 at 5:43 pm (5 years ago)

I LOVE fro-yo! Only just discovered it…though I have not tried the soy version before. It looks delish!
    I have just gotten my sample of sunbutter..can’t wait to try it! :-)

11. Holly (The Healthy Everythingtarian)
    12 July, 2009 at 6:40 pm (5 years ago)

i hope you get to see food, inc. – i saw it awhile ago, and think you will love it!

love the kabocha/sunbutter combo – i just bought my first kabocha (truly an exciting day seriously). what’s the best way to cook it/steam it? this gal needs some pointers!

12. Anne K.
    12 July, 2009 at 7:22 pm (5 years ago)

Ooh, I love the cinnamon/nutmeg/cocoa froyo topping! That froyo looks delish. The OPI nail polish shades are so pretty, too. I love that brand!

13. Erin
    12 July, 2009 at 7:37 pm (5 years ago)

I think it’s so great you’re actually working on healthy fats and gaining weight. Go you!

12 July, 2009 at 7:50 pm (5 years ago)

I’m so happy for you that you’re doing well with no binging, getting more healthy fat and indulging yourself with that soy ice cream! that all can tell how good you’re doing with eating normal and be confident about yourself. I’m really happy for you! :)

15. Maria
    12 July, 2009 at 8:09 pm (5 years ago)

Haha boys are always weak compared to me on froyo. Can never beat me on that category ;)

Yay for OPI nail polish. Love that stuff!

Mmmm, kabocha +sunbutter+ sesame sounds amazing! I’m so glad to hear that you know what’s right for your body.

Your weekend sounds like you had tons of fun. I just had a blast at a baseball game, ahhh glorious weekends :)

16. clare
    12 July, 2009 at 10:13 pm (5 years ago)

maggie thanks SO MUCH for sharing your fat intake info. ive been struggling with a little guilt over mine, but now i feel so much better after reading that others are trying to eat more healthy fats too. thanks!

17. MizFit
    13 July, 2009 at 4:02 am (5 years ago)

Never had the soy fro yo either and they HAVE to have that here in Austin.

18. leslie
    13 July, 2009 at 6:28 am (5 years ago)

basmati rice with sunbutter? that is so going on my “to try” list.

good luck with the gains – i know how frustrating it can be. the healthy fats make it more fun! :)

19. Kiersten
    13 July, 2009 at 7:38 am (5 years ago)

I’ve been trying to up my healthy fat intake too. I unintentionally lost a few lbs and need to gain them back.

I’ve never seen frozen soy yogurt anywhere! We need more things like that here in Charlotte.

13 July, 2009 at 8:05 am (5 years ago)

Would LOVE a review of Food Inc when you see it!
    YEAAAAAAH for healthy fats!

Happy Monday

21. elise
    13 July, 2009 at 10:04 am (5 years ago)

i cant wait to see food inc, hope you make it soon. darn traffic!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Supersize Me (just a little)