New fun things – Chipotle

This is from Thursday night…

17 chipotle pork 300x225 New fun things   Chipotle

A carnitas/barbacoa (pork) salad from Chipotle.

• extra lettuce
  • carnitas (pork)
  • a few beans that I didn’t eat (I don’t like beans)
  • extra fajita veggies
  • extra salsa
  • sour cream on the side
  • a wedge of lemon. why not?

I love Chipotle because they are really promoting Food, Inc.  Chipotle’s motto is “Food With Integrity”.  Food With Integrity is described by these words: unprocessed, seasonal, family-farmed, sustainable, nutritious, naturally raised, added hormone free, organic, and artisanal. I honestly feel good about eating everything they serve there. And hey, this is well-combined (without the beans).  Cool.

12 Comments on New fun things – Chipotle

25 July, 2009 at 11:45 am (5 years ago)

extra everything? hahhaa….. if I were the tender I’d ask you to buy two plates! :D
    sounds a perfect flush combo! :)

25 July, 2009 at 12:31 pm (5 years ago)

Yum Maggie – I love Chipotle, but we don’t have them in Nashville. We do have an independent place called Baja Burrito that is very similar. One of my favorite restaurants in town. Thanks so much for your sweet email. I’ll give you a call soon as I would love to chat!

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday. :)

3. Shelby
    25 July, 2009 at 1:08 pm (5 years ago)

I’m totally hitting up Chipotle soon! I love me some guac!

25 July, 2009 at 1:39 pm (5 years ago)

we have a chipolte and it still remains one of my few going out places where I still feel in control! (cuz you know HOW important THAT is!!)

I loved hearing they support Food Inc.

Looks great !!!

we had sushi and it was FAB!!!!!
    ate it for lunch today too!
    MMM
    yipee for date night

5. insideiamdancing
    25 July, 2009 at 1:45 pm (5 years ago)

For some reason your feed isn’t showing up on my google reader! It’s making my stalking job hard ;)

I just had a conversation with someone about Chipotle! Looks great :D I really like the way they run their company.

6. Maria
    25 July, 2009 at 5:59 pm (5 years ago)

I haven’t been to chiptole in the longest time! It’s great to know that their stuff is natural, unprocessed, and organic :) That salad looks so good with all that gorgeous salsa!

7. Justine
    25 July, 2009 at 6:07 pm (5 years ago)

Man, I really wish we had one of those here. I dont think there is one in the whole state. Whats wrong with this place? We are 50 steps behind everyone else. Not cool!! Makes me miss Scottsdale, Az :(. I take you are no longer combining?

~Justine

8. carolinebee
    25 July, 2009 at 7:09 pm (5 years ago)

loving all the updates maggie!! I love how you can just ask the chipotle people to pile on whatever you want a little extra high :D

9. Lara (Thinspired)
    26 July, 2009 at 3:44 am (5 years ago)

I love Chipolte, but I had no idea they were so eco-friendly! I really can’t wait to see that film. I was going to say, “where’s the guac?!” but then remembered that it combines as a starch ;)

10. leslie
    26 July, 2009 at 8:33 am (5 years ago)

i’m actually so impressed with chipotle now – i used to think it was so unhealthy, but they’ve made such an effort with food inc, and i’m realizing how great it actually is for a fast food place. it’s nice to see a high-profile place taking a stand like this.

11. Dori
    27 July, 2009 at 8:03 am (5 years ago)

YES I agree about Chipotle! And they are in Clean Plates NYC, which is my new bible. I plan on getting dinner from there VERY soon, and I read ow great their pork is. I usually choose chicken or beef over pork, but from what I read — and your meal — I will be getting it!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on New fun things – Chipotle