Stirfry, being not veg, and frozen yogurt :)

On Friday night we got dinner at Blue Mango, our favorite restaurant (Thai).

Egg fried rice (Bobby’s):

20 egg fried rice 300x225 Stirfry, being not veg, and frozen yogurt :)

Bamboo stirfry (split – with pork, cashew, baby corn, straw mushroom, onions, and tomatoes):

21 bamboo pork stirfry 300x225 Stirfry, being not veg, and frozen yogurt :)

Mushroom mountain plus chicken (split – chicken, soft tofu, baby corn, bamboo, straw mushroom, bean sprouts, green curry paste, sesame seeds):

22 chicken mushroom mountain 300x225 Stirfry, being not veg, and frozen yogurt :)

And for dessert we went to Quickly for frozen yogurt.  We got a 13-ounce (large) with unlimited toppings (until you fill the cup) for $3.50.  Quickly rocks.

23 tart froyo bluebs carob aloe 300x225 Stirfry, being not veg, and frozen yogurt :)

This was plain tart frozen yogurt, carob chips, blueberries, and aloe.  I ended up eating most of it.   I loved the aloe.  The carob chips were okay.

Couldn’t sleep at all last night… so maybe going back to bed.  Hope you had a great weekend icon smile Stirfry, being not veg, and frozen yogurt :)

19 Comments on Stirfry, being not veg, and frozen yogurt :)

1. Gaby
    26 July, 2009 at 10:53 am (5 years ago)

Hey Mags! How are you doing? I miss your longer posts but I totally understand needing a break. I hope you’re still feeling well though!
    I’m doing my best with the combining, though it’s kind of hard to think of things to eat sometimes so I’m just not stressing myself out too much with so many restrictions.
    BUT I just had to share with you that my lunch dessert today was two slices of cinnamon raisin bread toasted and spread with avocado and maple syrup —> OMG you are a genius!

26 July, 2009 at 11:27 am (5 years ago)

Rest up and enjoy the rest of your Sunday, dear Maggie!

26 July, 2009 at 12:31 pm (5 years ago)

You can get aloe as a topping? Seriously? 13 ounces + unlimited toppings for only $3.50? Do you know how much I would have paid for that in Nashville? at least $6 or $7!!!!

Hope you got some rest sweet Maggie. :)

4. MarathonVal
    26 July, 2009 at 12:35 pm (5 years ago)

Aloe??? What?? I feel super uninformed at the moment, but I always thought of aloe as a savory-type food. Truly, though, I don’t even know what it looks like.

I would love to see a zoomed-in photo next time – and what does this taste like? I’m so intrigued ;)

5. Shelby
    26 July, 2009 at 1:21 pm (5 years ago)

Aloe as a topping?! Please explain more!!! Is it just straight up aloe or a special version for eating? I’m so curious!

6. annie
    26 July, 2009 at 1:30 pm (5 years ago)

Hi Maggie!! Your blog is great :) I’m trying with the combining stuff, but I have a doubt: I’m a hummus fan, I eat eggplant or zucchini with hummus almost every day for dinner, but, what do you think about it? Is it protein or is it starch? I don’t really think hummus it’s going to help me with the food combination, and it’s really sad for me! What do you think?

Thank you very much!

7. Alison
    26 July, 2009 at 1:41 pm (5 years ago)

Aloe is sure unusual. What did it taste like?

8. Maria
    26 July, 2009 at 2:15 pm (5 years ago)

As always, I love the froyo+thai food. That seems to be a very common (and delicious!) combo of yours, yummy! I’ve never had aloe before, sounds like something new I should try!

I hope you get a great, restful sleep :)

9. Kimberly@Living Free
    26 July, 2009 at 2:43 pm (5 years ago)

Wow! That’s an awesome deal on the froyo! I have never seen aloe like that. It really tasted good, huh?

10. CaSaundra
    26 July, 2009 at 4:45 pm (5 years ago)

I’ve never had aloe–sounds interesting!

26 July, 2009 at 4:47 pm (5 years ago)

aloe as topping?! woooo…. that’s cool! i love it!
    yeah~ diary made bloat last night too, but it was gone when I woke up! :)
    Food combining seems to be working! ;)

12. carolinebee
    26 July, 2009 at 6:13 pm (5 years ago)

Ah fro yo tummy is the worst slash best bc the yogurt is soo good at the time i can’t stop :D

13. gliding calm
    26 July, 2009 at 8:06 pm (5 years ago)

weird?! aloe on fro yo!! what does that taste like?!!!!! and that is such a good deal on the toppings!!

yummy eats!!!!

HAPPY MONDAY MAGGIE!

26 July, 2009 at 8:11 pm (5 years ago)

OHHHH between yesterday and today we ate a lot of the same!

MMMM made my tum so so happy! not worrying about the rest!

xo

15. Lara (Thinspired)
    27 July, 2009 at 1:26 am (5 years ago)

Did you say aloe?! And it was good?! Maybe I got a bad batch….
    The rest looks delicious!

16. healthy ashley
    27 July, 2009 at 5:22 am (5 years ago)

Aloe??!

Everything looks so good. I think that’s a perfect evening’s meal!

17. Anna
    27 July, 2009 at 7:28 pm (5 years ago)

Yes, I’m equally confused/intrigued by the aloe as ice cream topping! Looks neat.

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Stirfry, being not veg, and frozen yogurt :)