Green Eggs & Ham… or corn.

I think this was dinner from Saturday night…

26 corn eggs 300x225 Green Eggs & Ham... or corn.

I made eggs (5 total, the whole eggs) and fluffed them up with shredded zucchini, then added spices (oregano, chili powder, garlic powder I think).  Sauteed in olive oil, which is a good heart healthy fat. Topped with fruit-sweetened organic ketchup of course. Honestly I prefer egg whites.  I really don’t like whole eggs.  I had raw corn on the side.

27 gazpacho 300x225 Green Eggs & Ham... or corn.

Also made this gazpacho with heirlooms from the farmers’ market.  They were mushy heirlooms so I got a big bag (3-4 pounds?) for $1.  I might post the recipe sometime soon.  Do you want it?  It was really good. It’s vegan of course.  Basically just tomatoes, corn, balsamic vinegar, and spices.  On Saturday I added shredded yellow squash but I made it again last night without and I liked it better.

Desserts have been of the corn variety.

28 corn honey cocoa 300x225 Green Eggs & Ham... or corn.

Corn, honey, salt, cocoa powder. Simple but delicious.

Happy Monday icon smile Green Eggs & Ham... or corn.

19 Comments on Green Eggs & Ham… or corn.

27 July, 2009 at 9:54 am (5 years ago)

I had scrambled egg…egg salad over the weekend…I made if for the bubbas but I had some too in a leaf of romaine! it was tasty!
    I don’t mind the yolks!

I have been addicted to raw corn too!
    haven’t tried it sweetened..just on salads!

Happy Happy Monday!

2. Shelby
    27 July, 2009 at 9:55 am (5 years ago)

Mmm, I love the corn dessert! How creative and simply delicious!

3. Maria
    27 July, 2009 at 10:50 am (5 years ago)

I would love to see the gazpacho recipe! Mmm, I ‘ve never made it before, so a no-fail recipe would be awesome ;)

Whoa, that corn dish is something I think I would love. Corn is such a yummy dessert, and with chocolate? Yumm!!!

4. JB
    27 July, 2009 at 11:20 am (5 years ago)

i love all of this raw corn action! i have a cob in the fridge that i’m sure i’ll probably be devouring sometime soon. :)

5. Lara (Thinspired)
    27 July, 2009 at 11:24 am (5 years ago)

Love all the raw corn :) Isn’t it such a pain to get off the cob though?! I’ve nearly cut my finger off a couple of times!

6. Andrea@WellnessNotes
    27 July, 2009 at 12:24 pm (5 years ago)

The gazpacho looks gooooood! :) Yes, please post the recipe!

And yes, raw corn is the best! Happy Monday! :)

27 July, 2009 at 12:58 pm (5 years ago)

Loving all the raw corn action Maggie, and you’ve totally got me wanting to go buy some sprouted bread and raw honey as well. Oh, why do I love starches so much? ;)

Lara (Thinspired)…a good knife if key!!!!

27 July, 2009 at 1:56 pm (5 years ago)

I must say we CAN’T think more alike Maggie! I was just thinking about making some meal with eggs since I’m leaving on Friday and still have couple of eggs in the fridge! :) Now that I read this post, I don’t have to think about what’s for dinner!
    Love your dessert concoction! Sounds delicious!

9. Sarah (LovIN My Tummy)
    27 July, 2009 at 3:29 pm (5 years ago)

I love the corn dessert! It’s like raw Cocoa Puffs!

10. Justine
    27 July, 2009 at 4:31 pm (5 years ago)

Maggie, your corn looks yummy!! Ugh, I am not feeling well after my episode with bread and honey…..oh, and chocolate chips. Who knew the 3 tasted so good together?? Feel like I just took a huge step back in my detox. I did so good all weekend. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day :). Hope things are good on your end. I have never had gazpacho but it looks good!

~Justine

11. Sagan
    27 July, 2009 at 4:56 pm (5 years ago)

I’m very very fond of eggs. So tasty. This all looks super good!

12. Holly (The Healthy Everythingtarian)
    27 July, 2009 at 5:58 pm (5 years ago)

glad to see you back my dear – i’m loving the gazpacho (totally would love a good recipe!) and that corn concoction looks awesome!

13. Kimberly
    27 July, 2009 at 6:21 pm (5 years ago)

perhaps you could cook the corns first and then add to the eggs. You could purchase the egg white liquid so you don’t have to waste the yolks.

Do you like cinnamon? cinnamon & sugar sounds divine too. :)

14. leslie
    27 July, 2009 at 6:30 pm (5 years ago)

i’m in love with raw corn…pretty much because of you. i’ll have to try it for dessert soon!

15. Sophia
    27 July, 2009 at 8:17 pm (5 years ago)

A corny dessert! Sweet! And I love your green eggs and ham! Reminds me of my purple eggs and ham on waffles! Hee :-)

16. Alison
    27 July, 2009 at 8:20 pm (5 years ago)

I never thought of making corn that way. Sounds very interesting.
    Your eggs look great!

17. Sarena
    30 July, 2009 at 1:59 pm (5 years ago)

I actually just discovered my love of raw corn too! It is so crunchy and sweet on a salad. Great idea with the cocoa and honey…I will try that soon! I am with you too on the egg whites, I really don’t like the yolks either.

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Green Eggs & Ham… or corn.