Snacky snack snack

What’s better than fresh juicy heirloom tomatoes and sweet oh-so-ripe peaches?  (I actually topped this with salt and pepper – I loved it.)

24 heirloom tomato peach 300x225 Snacky snack snack

Heirlooms, peaches, and avocado of course! (Again, with salt and pepper.  Try it!)

31 tomato fruit avocado 300x225 Snacky snack snack

One more snacky… I bought these as a movie snack before we saw Harry Potter on Saturday.  Chinese dried fruits.  One of them is dried Hawthorne, but I can’t remember what the others are and I can’t remember which is Hawthorne.  Any ideas? Help?

25 dried fruit 300x225 Snacky snack snack

I got them at this cute little dried fruit/weird other dried Chinese foods store at the mall with the movie theater.  I guess I have to go back to figure out what they were because I forget the names aside from Hawthorne. Unless you, dear readers, can enlighten me.

Happy Thursday!

Today’s thought comes courtesy of Jillian Michaelslife has its ups and downs. When you have a down, think of it as a flat tire. Do you pull over and slash the rest? Heck no! You pull over, FIX IT, and keep going.  Take that, farfegnugen flat tire!

23 Comments on Snacky snack snack

1. Jess
    30 July, 2009 at 7:12 am (5 years ago)

I love the combination – I’ll have to try tomatoes and peaches together. I bet the salty and sweet combines perfectly!

2. Shelby
    30 July, 2009 at 7:20 am (5 years ago)

What an interesting combination!

3. Rose
    30 July, 2009 at 7:35 am (5 years ago)

I like that metaphor! Thanks for sharing :)

4. Dori
    30 July, 2009 at 7:43 am (5 years ago)

Great snack ideas, I want to try those! You’re so good bringing your own snacks to the movie. I am such a sucker for movie popcorn when I smell it that I almost always cave and get it.

5. Emily
    30 July, 2009 at 8:03 am (5 years ago)

I never would have thought of that combo, but it sounds good! I’m thinking on top of a bed of spinach, hm…

I love some dried fruit. Are there dried lychees or longan in there, maybe?

6. Yasmin
    30 July, 2009 at 8:13 am (5 years ago)

I knew I loved Jillian for a reason!

7. MarathonVal
    30 July, 2009 at 8:34 am (5 years ago)

1) You make THE most interesting food combinations. Honestly, I am a fearless eater but I am a bit hesitant to try to avocado and honey, and the avocado peach apple thing, haha, but if you recommend it it must be good! :)
    2) LOVE the JM quote! Hilarious yet also very insightful!! Thanks for sharing.

30 July, 2009 at 8:35 am (5 years ago)

peaches, maters and avo! Gonna try it! that really does sound good even with s/p!

OKAY I have to ask!!

my n the teen are still trying to get to see Harry… but why is it rated pg? all the others (at least the last few) are pg-13…

I have read all the books and this story is not all quidditch matches and potions classes!!!! the book was pretty intense!

ha

we are confused how it could have been down rated to pg!

did you like it?

I am still giggling over your flat tire bit! THANKS FOR THAT
    xo

9. Maria
    30 July, 2009 at 10:34 am (5 years ago)

Love that flat tire metaphor, Maggie!

I just bought peaches and tomatoes at the farmer’s market, so this combo sounds perfect :)

10. JB
    30 July, 2009 at 11:20 am (5 years ago)

i’ve never had peaches with tomatoes before! but that actually sounds really good!

11. She-Fit
    30 July, 2009 at 5:56 pm (5 years ago)

Great quote Jillian! So true… never would do that to a tire!

12. Justine
    30 July, 2009 at 6:53 pm (5 years ago)

Love the quote!! The tomatoes and peaches look fab!! I actually found a recipe earlier that was cantaloupe and tomatoes. Love mixing things like that. I have a fresh peach and tomato in my kitchen now screaming to be eaten and I think I have some ideas :)

~Justine

13. clare
    30 July, 2009 at 10:12 pm (5 years ago)

gosh, that is a pretty good quote! white peaches or regular peaches maggie?

31 July, 2009 at 1:33 am (5 years ago)

I like chinese dry fruits, I know they might be gross for some people, but I just like to eat them alone. :)

nice quote!

15. Alison
    31 July, 2009 at 5:07 am (5 years ago)

That’s a great quote! Jillian is so interesting – very energetic.
    I love the tomato/peach combo. Sweet and sour.

16. CaSaundra
    31 July, 2009 at 7:01 am (5 years ago)

Tomatoes and peaches seem like an unlikely couple!
    But it sounds good enough to try :-)

17. Sagan
    1 August, 2009 at 7:43 am (5 years ago)

Tomatoes and peaches with salt and pepper? Veeeeeery interesting.

18. Kristen (Flexy Fare)
    1 August, 2009 at 6:32 pm (5 years ago)

Ooh, unusual combo with the salad…I’m going to have to try this one! I made gazpacho today and it was also raw, but it was quite different! I like the looks of yours as well!

19. Mimi (Damn the Freshman 15)
    1 August, 2009 at 8:27 pm (5 years ago)

Jillian Michaels, tomatoes, and peaches…I am drawn like a bee to honey!

Tomatoes ARE summer. Lemon boys, Arkansas travelers, Juliets…YUMMY!

Thank you so much for you kind comment. Lol, we can compare side effects! And if you ever need to talk about your own stuff, please, don’t hesitate to shoot me a note!

20. April
    2 August, 2009 at 4:43 am (5 years ago)

That was an awesome quote thanks!

21. Leng
    3 August, 2009 at 9:23 am (5 years ago)

Love heirloom tomatoes. :-)

Great quote. Simple and direct–the way I like life.

22. Michelle T
    4 August, 2009 at 10:21 pm (5 years ago)

I’m Chinese and I eat dried fruits all the time!!! Ask meee!!! So…though I can’t see them in their entirety, (so i can only make some wild guesses) some really common dried fruits we eat are: dried plums, dried prunes, dried/preserved ginger (i think that’s what the little yellow bits are), and dried dates! My favorite! Do those sound like they could be it?? :P