Salad Queen Favorites

I am so backlogged with salads! Here are some of my favorites from the last week or so…

First up – Enoki & Kelp Medley.

16 raw salad 300x225 Salad Queen Favorites

• base: weird lettuce from Han Kook (labeled as kale, but not)
  • toppings: kelp noodles, sprouts, watercress, cilantro, onions, cluster tomatoes, enoki mushrooms
  • dressings: liquid gold elixir (olive oil, bragg’s liquid aminos, rice vinegar, lemon juice, stevia, tons of garlic) & salsa (post-pic)

Next – Shout for Sprouts.

19 raw salad 300x225 Salad Queen Favorites

• base: red leaf and iceberg lettuce
  • toppings: avocado (massaged in), tomatoes, cilantro, sprouts, enoki mushrooms, kelp noodles, raw corn
  • dressings: liquid gold elixir (see above) & salsa (post-pic)

And then – Charming Parm.

01 parm salad 300x225 Salad Queen Favorites

• base: iceberg lettuce
  • toppings: chopped purple cabbage, tomatoes, raw corn, scallions, chopped seaweed, PARMESAN
  • dressings: liquid gold elixir (see above) & salsa

Along with Charming Parm I had some more parm – on top of steamed broccoli stalks (I ate the heads raw). So good. I also added some olive oil.

02 parm broccoli 300x225 Salad Queen Favorites

Lastly – Simply Scrumptious.

18 raw salad 300x225 Salad Queen Favorites

• base: red leaf & iceberg lettuce
  • toppings: chopped mushrooms, tomatoes, seaweed, purple cabbage, raw corn
  • dressings: liquid gold elixir (see above) & salsa

I think I’ve figured out the perfect combination. It has a base of red leaf and iceberg lettuce. The toppings are raw corn, tomatoes, seaweed, and cabbage. All salads must be topped with liquid gold elixir and salsa.

Do you have a favorite salad combo?

19 Comments on Salad Queen Favorites

1. Gena (Choosing Raw)
    26 August, 2009 at 11:32 am (5 years ago)

Fun salads! I am a great fan of kelp.

2. Abby
    26 August, 2009 at 12:21 pm (5 years ago)

(wipes away a tear) Your pictures are beautiful…oh how I love the salad!

I’ve already bored you with my salad combos and recent obsession, so I’ll spare you the details. All I gotta say is raw corn and avocado find their way into my creations.

3. Lara (Thinspired)
    26 August, 2009 at 12:26 pm (5 years ago)

Mmm…I bet the parm on the broccoli stalk was good. Have you tried juicing the broccoli stalks yet? Sounds gross but it’s great in a green juice. I hate it when people throw out the stalks! They’re the most nutritious part!

4. fitforfree
    26 August, 2009 at 1:14 pm (5 years ago)

YUM! I need to try this Liquid Gold dressing . . .

My favorite salad combo is spinach with avocado, chick peas, and lemon/olive oil!

5. Anna
    26 August, 2009 at 1:33 pm (5 years ago)

Anything with avocado and tomatoes!

6. Jules
    26 August, 2009 at 1:36 pm (5 years ago)

I like all salads that have chickpeas in them :D I should try avocado in one though, it sounds good.

26 August, 2009 at 1:38 pm (5 years ago)

I like enoki mushrooms a lot but never thought about using it in a salad! so inspiring!! :D

8. Pearl
    26 August, 2009 at 2:13 pm (5 years ago)

yum yum! love salads.

9. Maria
    26 August, 2009 at 2:45 pm (5 years ago)

Enoki, kelp, and sprouts all sound like delicious and unique additions! I love salsa, avocado, corn, and a poached egg on top of romaine! Mmmm–a very common lunch fix for me :)

10. MarathonVal
    26 August, 2009 at 2:55 pm (5 years ago)

I love hiow you eat broccoli stalks… usually I don’t like those parts because they are so tough! Great idea.

I also need to get me some Braggs Amino Acids… I saw some at WF today but just wasn’t sure if I would use it often enough….

11. Christina
    26 August, 2009 at 3:07 pm (5 years ago)

Mmm I love any and all salads! You’re making me crave some right now! haha All of a sudden this carrot dipped in hummus isn’t enough flavor! :) The other day I had Panera’s (usually I dislike them) fuji apple salad and it was delish! Reminded me to always add a little bit of sweet to a salad (like your corn) to balance out the salty and savory. I’ve never tried salsa, but have mixed taco sauce with ranch for an impromtu dressing when I put Boca burgers on salads to make it more southwest feeling.

12. clare
    26 August, 2009 at 8:49 pm (5 years ago)

great salads maggie! i love a basic mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, and artichoke hearts with a sweet balsamic lemon drizzle. also have been loving butter lettuce with beets and corn.

13. insideiamdancing
    27 August, 2009 at 3:39 am (5 years ago)

I could eat lightly steamed broccoli stems all day longs :D

Favourite salad currently is spinach, strawberries, goats cheese, asparagus and butternut squash. Mmmmm…

14. Holly (The Healthy Everythingtarian)
    27 August, 2009 at 7:27 am (5 years ago)

oh my gosh – i LOVE all these ideas. fabulous! they look soooo good, and gosh – parm really makes a salad pop, no? i will have to try some. my fave salads are junk salads – throwing in whatever i have on hand!

15. Pam
    27 August, 2009 at 8:49 am (5 years ago)

Your salads looks great! Thanks for some ideas!

16. Alison
    27 August, 2009 at 1:13 pm (5 years ago)

Love the salad varieties! I forget – is enoki a type of seaweed?

17. gliding calm
    29 August, 2009 at 6:13 pm (5 years ago)

I adore your veggie filled meals! So pretty and FRESH!

Happy weekend, beautiful Maggie!

2Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Salad Queen Favorites