I have been eating a lot of the same stuff recently, but surprisingly I’m not bored. Because each of my meals has almost a dozen ingredients, I guess that’s variety enough to keep me happy.
This salad was…
- base: iceberg and green leaf lettuce
- toppings: raw blue cheese, seaweed, raw corn, heirloom tomatoes, red cabbage, beets, red bell pepper
- dressing: liquid gold elixir AND some carrot juice (why not?)
I got some great responses to the favorite food question. The trick was to see if people would list specific ingredients (tomatoes, etc…) or specific dishes (hamburger, etc…). I think most people realized the trick though. I also used Aardvark to get some more answers. Here are some responses from Aardvark users..
- “Broccoli, butter, cheese, tempura, popcorn”
- “olives, artichokes, soy sauce, seafood, walnuts/pecans/other nuts”
- “1. Potatoes 2. Avacados. 3. Garlic 4. bread 5. chicken”
- “chocolate, bread, ceviche, cheese, ham”
- “Cheesecake,meatloaf,italian ice,carrots, cucumbers”
- “Carrots, celery, onions, beef, poultry”
- “Interesting. Never thought about it. Avocado, Honey, ALL Thai food, Tofu, a really good steak”
I thought these answers were very interesting because they don’t come from healthy bloggers… but almost all of them had vegetables in the top 5. Most of them listed just ingredients, not dishes. I found it funny that the person who listed tofu as a favorite food also liked “really good steak”.
Some of your favorites were: almond butter, apples, avocado, bananas, berries, blueberries, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, carrots, champagne, cheese, cherries, coconut things, coffee, corn, crab, crusty bread, dark chocolate, dates, fish, fresh greens, fruit, Greek yogurt, grilled zucchini, hummus, kabocha, macademia nuts, mango, mashed potatoes, mushrooms, nectarines, oatmeal with bananas & cinnamon, pancakes, peaches, peanut butter, raw cashews, rice, salmon, salsa, shrimp, spinach, strawberries, sunbutter, sushi, and sweet potatoes.
I’m having trouble deciding mine. At this very moment (in no particular order):
- my green juice (not a single ingredient – a dish)
- kabocha squash
- raw blue cheese
- raw corn
But this changes all the time. The only thing on there that isn’t a specific ingredient is the juice, but it’s a very specific recipe (must have ginger, lemon/lime, mint, granny smith apple, + GREEN things).
Another interesting question to ask is this – what are your favorite exercises? No trick here; my favorites (right now) are rebounding and yoga. A few weeks ago I would have said dance videos. A few weeks before that I would have said running and walking. It changes all the time. I’m off to do some yoga, and then I think I’ll rebound for a few minutes. Yesterday the only exercise I did was 30 minutes of rebounding, but it felt great. I watched the NOVA documentary “Cracking the Maya Code” while I bounced.
(I wrote a bit more about Shakespeare this morning, if you want to read it!)