Since September kicks off the start of Fall, and is my birthday month, and is also my favorite month, I want to make it a good one. I was inspired by Lara’s new month resolutions and I made some of my own. Heather’s new plan post was also inspiring.
- Get creative. I want to bring style and flair back into my kitchen by making new recipes each week.
- I want to call my family and friends more often. Like Lara, the longer I go without calling someone, the more likely I am to put it off. Every time I chat with my long-distance friends I feel so happy – so I want to do it more often. The same goes for family, especially family besides my parents (who I do actually chat with often).
- Enjoy California. I don’t know how long I’ll be here, and I want to take advantage of every moment.
- Read more. There are days when I get through multiple books and other days when I don’t read at all. I have a big pile of library books that are just begging to be read, and I want to finish them before they’re due.
- Practice moderation in all things.
- Yoga with Bobby. We did yoga together yesterday and the day before (20 minutes each day; I hope to do it today too). It makes his back feel great and I need to do it with him to motivate him.
Here is a lovely juice I made for us the other day…
- goodies: Asian pear, 1/2 fuji apple, mint, 1/2 lemon
- green: cucumber, celery
This was rather sweet, so I poured most of this into a glass for Bobby and juiced some more stuff into what was left… (Bobby doesn’t like ginger so I always pour out his glass before I finish anyway so that I can add it at the end.)
- goodies: small piece of granny smith apple, 1/2 lime, ginger, more mint
- green: more celery, more cucumber
I have an absolutely crazy confession about something that I put on a salad. But that will have to wait for my next post 🙂 What do you think I did? It’s a great ingredient, just… not your typical way of preparing it.
Want some Friday vocab? Click here.
What are you doing this weekend? We don’t have any set plans… maybe going up to San Francisco, or a day trip to Berkeley, or going alll the way down to Earthbound Farm‘s farm stand in Carmel Valley. They’re having a “Bug Walk” on Saturday.
P.S. I updated my About Me page. Eventually I’ll put up a new picture but I kinda like the one I have up there now 🙂