Juicy Resolutions

Since September kicks off the start of Fall, and is my birthday month, and is also my favorite month, I want to make it a good one. I was inspired by Lara’s new month resolutions and I made some of my own. Heather’s new plan post was also inspiring.

1. Get creative. I want to bring style and flair back into my kitchen by making new recipes each week.
  2. I want to call my family and friends more often. Like Lara, the longer I go without calling someone, the more likely I am to put it off. Every time I chat with my long-distance friends I feel so happy – so I want to do it more often. The same goes for family, especially family besides my parents (who I do actually chat with often).
  3. Enjoy California. I don’t know how long I’ll be here, and I want to take advantage of every moment.
  4. Read more. There are days when I get through multiple books and other days when I don’t read at all. I have a big pile of library books that are just begging to be read, and I want to finish them before they’re due.
  5. Practice moderation in all things.
  6. Yoga with Bobby. We did yoga together yesterday and the day before (20 minutes each day; I hope to do it today too). It makes his back feel great and I need to do it with him to motivate him.

Here is a lovely juice I made for us the other day…

02 sweet juice veggies 300x221 Juicy Resolutions

• goodies: Asian pear, 1/2 fuji apple, mint, 1/2 lemon
  • green: cucumber, celery

This was rather sweet, so I poured most of this into a glass for Bobby and juiced some more stuff into what was left… (Bobby doesn’t like ginger so I always pour out his glass before I finish anyway so that I can add it at the end.)

03 more juice veggies 300x233 Juicy Resolutions

• goodies: small piece of granny smith apple, 1/2 lime, ginger, more mint
  • green: more celery, more cucumber

I have an absolutely crazy confession about something that I put on a salad. But that will have to wait for my next post icon smile Juicy Resolutions What do you think I did? It’s a great ingredient, just… not your typical way of preparing it.

Want some Friday vocab? Click here.

What are you doing this weekend? We don’t have any set plans… maybe going up to San Francisco, or a day trip to Berkeley, or going alll the way down to Earthbound Farm‘s farm stand in Carmel Valley. They’re having a “Bug Walk” on Saturday.

P.S. I updated my About Me page. Eventually I’ll put up a new picture but I kinda like the one I have up there now icon smile Juicy Resolutions

13 Comments on Juicy Resolutions

4 September, 2009 at 11:17 am (5 years ago)

Great goals Maggie. I loved reading them. I’ll help you out with #2 once I get my new phone. 1 month without a cell phone now. I won’t lie…it’s been kind of awesome. :)

CD and I are going out of town to visit family and friends. I still don’t feel caught up from Colorado, but it should be a fun weekend anyhow. We have tickets to a White Sox/Red Sox game. Can’t wait! Enjoy your bug walk. Sounds like something I would love.

4 September, 2009 at 11:18 am (5 years ago)

Best of luck with your new plan!!

This weekend = annual Labor Day BBQ :)

3. Kiersten
    4 September, 2009 at 12:12 pm (5 years ago)

Those are some good resolutions. Good luck with them! (Especially the GREs!)

4. Sarah (LovIN My Tummy)
    4 September, 2009 at 12:24 pm (5 years ago)

Love your resolutions! I’m still stuck in my salad rut and loving it, but I’m getting a little juiced out. I think its the cleaning the darn thing that is deterring me, because every time I make juice, I love it. Hope you have a great holiday weekend!

4 September, 2009 at 1:08 pm (5 years ago)

great resolutions. We both are trying to cook for this month, I can’t wait to see your raw creations! :)
    I just got another book today, not a novel, not health related…. I need variety in reading too. When I finish this one, 6 more waiting for me in US and after that, I’ll ask you for recommendations. I’m so hooked up with reading now! :D
    yeah~~~ keep juicing please so I can steal ideas! :D

6. Marina
    4 September, 2009 at 2:12 pm (5 years ago)

Nice goals! I have to make my own list of goals…
    This weekend I’ll hang out with my mom, since it’s our last day before I go back to school, and I’ll do some pampering, masks for my face and hair and stuff like that.

7. Kimberly
    4 September, 2009 at 2:44 pm (5 years ago)

i’m guessing kabocha? :)

I think I’m ODing on this veggie as well. Help *_*

8. clare
    4 September, 2009 at 8:27 pm (5 years ago)

moderation here too. WE CAN DO IT!

9. Melissa S.
    4 September, 2009 at 8:37 pm (5 years ago)

The goals sound great Maggie. I def need to do something similar to that! and I can’t wait to see how you enjoy CA more!!! But I’m def with you on the moderation…Chocolate go away! why are you so tasty!? hhahaha

10. Lara (Thinspired)
    5 September, 2009 at 4:42 am (5 years ago)

Love these, and you are so sweet to mention me. I especially like the yoga w/ Bobby…do you guys do couple’s yoga? I’ve seen some of those poses and they look awesome!

11. Kimberly@Living Free
    5 September, 2009 at 5:15 am (5 years ago)

Great resolutions! I would like to try some new recipes too. I get stuck on a few things and eat them until I’m sick of them. I need to be more creative:)

12. carolinebee
    5 September, 2009 at 7:40 am (5 years ago)

Those are awesome!! I wish i could enjoy california :( haha Boston’s pretty cool though! Happy almost bday!

13. Pam
    5 September, 2009 at 11:15 am (5 years ago)

Happy birthday early!