I have a bunch of new recipes to share, and some important thoughts, but I don’t want to forget about the rest of my salads! Here we go.
Salsa’d Salad Creation:
- Base: weird Asian greens
- Toppings: beets, heirloom tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, red peppers, kohlrabi
- Dressings: Herdez GREEN salsa, liquid gold elixir (mixed together before adding)
- Base: iceberg and romaine lettuces
- Toppings: beets, kohlrabi, bamboo shoots, shirataki noodles
- Dressings: Herdez RED salsa, liquid gold elixir
Recipes: later this week.
Deep thoughts: some now; some later. As most of you know, I’ve been eating a lot of raw food the last few weeks. A few aspects of it have helped me a lot; others: not so much. Here are some things I really really like:
- Juicing! Obviously.
- Eating a lot!
- Avoiding soy. I really, really, hate beans.
Here are some things I really don’t:
- No peanuts.
- The main meal is at night.
- Food combining rules are too restrictive.
- Not enough squash.
- Limited grains.
Notice how my negatives list is comprised of things that I “can’t” have. I’m working on rethinking my motives for following the raw diet (mainly improved digestion – I suffer from IBS). The diet’s not really helping with digestion that much anymore.
Here’s my new list.
- Throw out the list.
And instead, enjoy myself and have things like this, in moderation of course…
This is Lemon Sorbetto with Crunchy Noodles (!) from Whole Foods. Bobby got it. It was $5 for that stinking little container, but it’s pretty delicious. It’s from a local company, so I doubt that you can get it if you’re not in the Bay Area/Sacramento Area. We had sampled it about five months ago and thought it was delicious; I think I was having too much trouble with moderation at that point to buy it. Ever since then this flavor has been absent from Whole Foods; yesterday it appeared again. So we got it.
Anyway. Enough chat. I’ll talk more about my list-less life later. I’m going to go wake up Bobby and see if he wants to come to Japantown with me. Have a great Sunday!