More Froyo, Sweet Potatoes, and Fruit!

I continued the froyo-for-breakfast theme yesterday with a tart cup from Quickly:

11 frozen yogurt quickly 300x291 More Froyo, Sweet Potatoes, and Fruit!

Bobby and I also split these sweet potato fries and he got a crispy chicken rice bowl.

12 quickly fries chicken 300x231 More Froyo, Sweet Potatoes, and Fruit!

As of the last few days, I’m really happy with what I’m eating. Yes, there are times that I eat too much fruit… many many times – but I’m a work in progress (aren’t we all?). One of the ways I’ve been enjoying (copious amounts of) fruit is with a fun kick.

07 nectarine dill 300x289 More Froyo, Sweet Potatoes, and Fruit!

This is a fresh farmer’s market nectarine, sea salt & pepper, and dill! Now mix it up and multiply by 5 or so, and you have my nightly dessert.

I’ve also been taking a (temporary) step back from yoga. I think I want to try something new – possibly Tai chi? I don’t know where to start, so any suggestions would be welcomed. In Chinese, Tai chi chuan means supreme ultimate fist. YEAH.

Link love:

I’m up early today! I couldn’t sleep. But I’m being very productive. What is your best time of day to get work done?

15 Comments on More Froyo, Sweet Potatoes, and Fruit!

17 September, 2009 at 9:45 am (5 years ago)

mmmm Fro yo… love the tartness

I am def a morning person. I am worthless after 4 or 5 pm

love that your shaking things up! it’s good, all good

Tai chi would be perfect! or kick boxing…. but it’s up to you.

2. Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries
    17 September, 2009 at 10:26 am (5 years ago)

Haha I just ate fro-yo, er, ice cream, for bfast this morning. This is a habit I’m not eager to break.

17 September, 2009 at 10:34 am (5 years ago)

that’s a crazy combo!!! 8O
    so glad to know that you enjoy your new eatings! Work on progress for me to quit morning coffee too! :)

17 September, 2009 at 10:46 am (5 years ago)

I’ve been stepping back from yoga as well – good luck to ya!

Awesome links! Thanks!

17 September, 2009 at 11:36 am (5 years ago)

I love your quirky combos Maggie – that looks like something I would love! You are such a creative soul. :)

I’m best in the wee hours of the morning. Afternoon & evenings, I’m done and ready to just chill, but come 5 AM, I’m rearing to go again.

Can’t wait to hear more about your Tai Chi adventures.

6. Tina
    17 September, 2009 at 12:37 pm (5 years ago)

Ok…. the nectarine with spices looks questionable… but I’m keeping an openmind… god knows, there have been weirder combo’s that tasted good xD

Supreme Ultimate Fist! Man, that sounds so badass… If I ever take up Tai Chi, I’m so going to be bragging about it to everyone :P

But it might just be something for you, I say go for it ;)

Have a nice day xx

7. Tiffany!
    17 September, 2009 at 2:53 pm (5 years ago)

I would LOVE Froyo for breakfast. Haha, I’m so jealous. There aren’t really any good froyo locations by me.

The nectarine dish does not sound good at all. How’d you come up with such a combination?

8. Tiffany!
    17 September, 2009 at 2:54 pm (5 years ago)

I just read your about me, I was wondering if you were from California! I’m in Daly City :D

9. glidingcalm
    17 September, 2009 at 3:55 pm (5 years ago)

OMG! Froyo for breakfast!! What a dream land!!! Your fruity dessert concoctions are always so interesting !

And Bobby’s crispy chixn rice bowl is hysterical…..by the way, whenever I eat natto (aka 2 days ago) I think of you and Bobby now!!!

Hurray for fall foods! Boo for losing our summer fruits soon!!

TAKE CARE MAGGIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

10. Kristie
    17 September, 2009 at 5:00 pm (5 years ago)

Fro yo for breakfast, what a tasty way to start the morning! I’ve gotta try that one of these days fro sho! Ha.

Dill on fruit, I’m intrigued! That’s one combo I’ve definitely NEVER seen before. I’ll bet it’d be quite good actually!

11. Taylor
    17 September, 2009 at 5:37 pm (5 years ago)

Nectarine, pepper, sea salt, and dill? Sounds like an interesting combo. I guess it is one of those things you shouldn’t knock till ya try? Happy Thursday! :D

12. Jules
    17 September, 2009 at 5:55 pm (5 years ago)

I’ve been eating chocolate oats for breakfast every day…it’s too cold for froyo now. I’ve never thought of combining fruit and dill, but now I kind of want to try it.

13. Jen (Running With Cake)
    17 September, 2009 at 8:09 pm (5 years ago)

I just had Red Mango for the first time last week and so LOVED it! And yes, I could totally eat it for breakfast with a bunch of fruit!

14. Holly
    17 September, 2009 at 8:15 pm (5 years ago)

dill + fruit…you never cease to amaze me with your creative concoctions!

and yes, we are all a work in progress. if we were perfect, life would be no fun :)

15. elise
    18 September, 2009 at 9:33 am (5 years ago)

you had me until the dill….ick. i seriously have an aversion to dill. like, i cant mention it again.