This is actually a dairy-free recipe! I used canola-oil vegan mayo from Whole Foods.
- 1 package of imitation crab meat (2.5 servings)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 small pickles, chopped (I used Chinese pickles)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- other spices (chili powder, dried onion, whatever else you like)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (vegan canola oil mayo)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2-3 tablespoons rice vinegar
Break apart the crab meat. Mix everything well. EAT.
Bobby liked his on fresh toasty bread; I liked mine plain. I think I had this with some roasted squash on the side.
I’ve been roasting squash a la Clare: cut up in pieces at 425F for 25 minutes. Here was delicata:
And kabocha (duh):
I just sprinkle some salt, oregano/dill, and cinnamon on them. I’ve heard you can use stevia, but I’m not a fan. Squash is sweet enough. I like to top them with organic, fruit-sweetened (or unsweetened) ketchup. My recipe is here.
Now have a sweet weekend! What are your plans?