Friendship & Fall

My birthday was last Tuesday and I got the sweetest care package from my good friend, Clare. She sent me homemade stevia-sweetened jam, which I promptly mixed with some Greek yogurt, granola, and almond butter:

02 yogurt jam granola ab Friendship & Fall

I also ate it plain – yes, it was that good, and it’s gone now. She sent me Wonderful Salsa, which was enjoyed with organic tortilla chips:

04 salsa chips Friendship & Fall

Delicious (and now gone as well). And she sent me Yogi teas! Here are the ones I have tried so far…

Friendship & Fall
03 ginger tea Friendship & Fall
05 gingko tea Friendship & Fall

06 licorice tea Friendship & Fall

• Mayan Cocoa Spice – “let your manner speak for you”
  • Ginger – “old age needs wisdom and grace”
  • Ginkgo IQ – “to be great, feel great and act great”
  • Egyptian Licorice – “the power of love is infinte”

These teas are delicious, and most are organic. Thank you so much Clare! I can’t wait to bust into the rest of the package.

Today is the first day of fall, my favorite season. I love the leaves, the smells, the foods (pumpkin, squash, apples), the holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving), the atmosphere: it’s just a fantastic time of year. Fall is a good time to be thankful, and I really am for so many things. I’m thankful for my friends, my family, my kitties, my life, my future, and everything that has happened recently to push me towards the career I want…

What are you thankful for?

14 Comments on Friendship & Fall

1. Sarah @ The Foodie Diaries
    22 September, 2009 at 9:05 am (5 years ago)

mmm the mayan cocoa spice sounds great! fall is a good time to think about what you’re thankful for–the native americans got it right haha. i am so thankful for everyone in my life, my health, great food and all of those factors helping me figure out what i want to do with my life! haha

22 September, 2009 at 9:14 am (5 years ago)

such a nice package of goodies! I bought some fruit jams sweetened with stevia in Argentina and love them! :)
    I’m thankful to have my parents healthy and happy and a wonderful man who supports me no matter what I do.
    happy fall Maggie!

3. Shelby
    22 September, 2009 at 10:13 am (5 years ago)

Besides being so darn tasty, the quotes are the only reason I buy that tea!

4. Christina
    22 September, 2009 at 10:26 am (5 years ago)

Oh I love this post! :) I absolutely love fall too! It’s my favorite time of year and also houses my birthday. I’m looking forward to watching your squash meals. I love squash (as you saw with last night’s dinner) and you always come up with some tasty things to do with it!!

I’m thankful for much the same as you – friends, family, my dog and my cat, and the ability to return to school while waiting for the unemployed department to have a better outcome! Oh and also health!

5. Rita
    22 September, 2009 at 10:29 am (5 years ago)

That jam/pb/yogurt/granola combo looks great! I have that for breakfast a lot, only I’d never thought of adding jam before. I’ll have to try it.

6. brandi
    22 September, 2009 at 11:50 am (5 years ago)

we have such similar posts today!

those teas sound great, especially the maya cocoa and the licorice!

I’m thankful for my famliy, my friends, the beautiful weather…so many things.

7. Tina
    22 September, 2009 at 2:00 pm (5 years ago)

I love fall (or autumn as we call it here :P ) especially in the Netherlands. The weather here has a great habit of staying warm until the beginning of october :)

One of the things I’m surely grateful for is your help with the design :D

xx

8. glidingcalm
    22 September, 2009 at 4:04 pm (5 years ago)

That yogurt concoction looks sooo yummy!!! Hurray for homemade salsa and jam! It sounds amazing!!!

I loveeeeeeeeee tea. My fav. flavor is raspberry :)

9. clare
    22 September, 2009 at 8:26 pm (5 years ago)

im thankful today that it was dreary out…so i didnt feel bad about all the work i had to do inside! we so need the rain here…

glad you liked the teas and stuff maggie. it is so fun to share stuff. i had to laugh at the “old age” tag…for your birthday!

have a happy wednesday! :)

10. Tiffany!
    22 September, 2009 at 8:51 pm (5 years ago)

Yay! First day of fall! And happy belated birthday! Don’t know if I said it already. Haha.

I drink tea daily but I can’t drink anything other put plain green or oolong tea. I hate fruity ones because they remind me of hot juice. Haha/

11. Sophia
    22 September, 2009 at 9:02 pm (5 years ago)

Lucky you with such lovely goodies!
    I’m thankful that I just finished two of my articles for my school newspaper! :D Three more papers to go!

12. Sagan
    23 September, 2009 at 5:23 am (5 years ago)

I’m so glad you had such a good birthday, Maggie! And what sweet gifts. It’s kind of funny, I actually specifically requested some yogi tea for my birthday… (it makes me feel better now that I know that tea makes you excited, too :D ).

23 September, 2009 at 1:04 pm (5 years ago)

Maggie,
    I love Fall as well. Definitely my favorite time of year. How’s the dairy thing going? Feeling okay?

I’m thankful that it is not raining at this moment. 9th day of grey skies. :(

14. Elizabeth Edith
    24 September, 2009 at 7:49 pm (5 years ago)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE mayan coco spice :-D It’s perfect for studying at night when I don’t want a lot of caffeine, and it is SO GOOD!