Cheesy Roasted Veggies

This recipe is so simple. If you’re vegan, omit the cheese or replace with a vegan cheeze.

Cheesy Roasted Veggies

Cheesy Roasted Veggies

Ingredients

• 1-2 heads of broccoli, chopped (you can use the stem too)
  • Brussels sprouts, quartered
  • onions (optional)
  • spices: dill, salt, pepper
  • 2-3 teaspoons olive oil (more if you use more veggies)
  • 1-2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (I used organic raw)
  • cooking spray

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 425F.
  2. Toss the chopped veggies with the spices and olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes on a cooking-sprayed pan.
  3. Top with cheese; return to the oven for 5-10 more minutes.
  4. Serve, optionally topped with more cheese.

Cheesy Roasted Veggies

Another recipe I’ve been loving recently is my faux cheesecake. Cottage cheese, banana, and some other yums make this a wonderful dessert. This time I added some granola for a cheesecake-type crust.

15 faux cheesecake 412x550 Cheesy Roasted Veggies

Seriously, if you haven’t made this yet – go make it. You can substitute Greek yogurt for the cottage cheese and it’s just as good.

16 faux cheesecake 412x550 Cheesy Roasted Veggies

What’s your favorite healthy dessert?

16 Comments on Cheesy Roasted Veggies

1. elise
    24 September, 2009 at 8:18 am (5 years ago)

fave healthy dessert is pounds and pounds of fruit.

those roasted veggies look great – i think ill substitute the cheddar for nooch and YUM!

2. leslie
    24 September, 2009 at 8:22 am (5 years ago)

i love the “cheesecake” idea! i think my favorite healthy dessert would be fruit and nut butter. or dark chocolate – healthy in my eyes. :)

3. Natalie
    24 September, 2009 at 8:40 am (5 years ago)

This looks so good. I am so thankful for sites like yours who give me ideas of what to eat. If not i’d be eating out of a box or a can! thanks!

4. Christina
    24 September, 2009 at 9:58 am (5 years ago)

Wow, those slightly charred and roasted brussel sprouts look SO delicious to me right now!!!

I haven’t tried that cheesecake recipe, but I need to! Favorite healthy dessert I think would be fruit!

5. April
    24 September, 2009 at 10:19 am (5 years ago)

Oh goodness, I don’t have a favorite dessert I love them all! Except for things with raisins. Okay I don’t like cheesecake either BUT the banana, cottage cheese, and granola would be right up my alley!

6. Azuki
    24 September, 2009 at 12:16 pm (5 years ago)

My favorite healthy dessert would have to be sitting down with a big ol’ watermelon!

7. Kimberly@Living Free
    24 September, 2009 at 1:33 pm (5 years ago)

Looks yummy! My favorite healthy dessert is frozen cherries with coconut milk and chocolate:)

8. Jess
    24 September, 2009 at 1:38 pm (5 years ago)

Mmm, sounds great! Love veggies!
    <3 jess

24 September, 2009 at 2:00 pm (5 years ago)

ah roasted veg’s are so teh ticket right now.

my healthy dessert is probably still the banana whip thing…. but it’s cooling down so I am sure apple crisps will be back on the menu!

24 September, 2009 at 3:36 pm (5 years ago)

Favorite healthy dessert?

I have several: baked sweet potato or kabocha, raw ice-cream, raw fudge, oat bran with nut butter, berries with cashew cream….I could go on, but I better stop now. Too close to dinner time. :)

Loved roasted veggies. Love them so much.

11. Tina
    24 September, 2009 at 4:10 pm (5 years ago)

I like exotic fruits :D , I really see them as a treat!

Very nice pictures! Once again you acheive visual amazement!

12. smurfette
    24 September, 2009 at 5:10 pm (5 years ago)

Omigod I love that idea! Sounds so good.

13. Maria
    24 September, 2009 at 6:41 pm (5 years ago)

Yay for these awesome quick recipes! I’ve been into roasted broccoli and brussels sprouts these days, but wanted a new twist on it. And how convenient is it that I have raw cheddar (totally awesome) on hand?

I love shaved ice with red bean. Mmm good!

14. Marie
    24 September, 2009 at 8:01 pm (5 years ago)

Yum! That faux cheesecake looks good. I’m going to try it soon. Maybe I can get my 4 year old to eat it too. It seems like a texture he would like. :)

15. Gaby
    24 September, 2009 at 9:25 pm (5 years ago)

I just had to tell you that I lost my kabocha virginity tonight and O my GOSH!! It’s amazing! The perfect medium between a squash and sweet potato, and so filling. I decided I really need to cut back on my nighttime snacking because I keep going to bed sick or waking up with indigestion so I took your lead and was going to just eat more during the day (which I did) and just steam some kabocha at night. Well I steamed the kabocha but was afraid of being hungry so I also accompanied it with my typical huge bowl of goats milk yogurt (a must try as well!) and probably a cup and a half’s worth of nuts, dried fruit and chia cereal. Halfway through the squash I was so full!
    ….still ate everything in front of me :\ but hey, one step at a time, and now I know!

Hopefully I’ll see you online tomorrow or soon, I have much to tell you! Hope you’re having a great week!

16. Jen (Running With Cake)
    24 September, 2009 at 9:31 pm (5 years ago)

Hey Salad Girl! I love that veggie recipe! I’m not a vegan or vegetarian so bring on the cheese! I really do like brussel sprouts. Just wish I could get my husband to eat them.