Recipe: Pepper-Lime Red Snapper

I made this for dinner on Thursday night. We had it topped with Herdez salsa and I also put parmesan cheese on mine. Bobby had his with seasoned rice (keep reading for instructions) and I had mine with buttered kabocha.

Pepper-Lime Red Snapper

Recipe: Pepper Lime Red Snapper

Ingredients (serves 2)

• 2 red snapper fillets
  • juice from 1/2 lime
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated pepper
  • pinch of sea salt
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic, grated
  • topping: salsa, parmesan

Directions

1. Combine the fillets, lime juice, pepper, salt, and grated garlic in a bowl. Mix around so the fish is well coated. Let it sit 5-10 minutes in the refrigerator so the flavors really sink in.
  2. Heat a pan on high heat. Spray with cooking oil or PAM. Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on the first side, covered. Flip them over and cook them another 3-4 minutes uncovered.
  3. Serve with fresh salsa and your cheese of choice (optional, of course). Seasoned rice is a good side.

Recipe: Pepper Lime Red Snapper

Seasoned rice: add salt and pepper to your rice (1 cup dry) while it’s cooking (I do mine in the rice cooker – so simple). In the last 3-4 minutes toss in chopped carrots and celery. At the end, add 1 tablespoon of butter and mix it around until it melts and blends in.

Tomorrow morning I’m going to to San Francisco for a blogger meetup with Kath and maybe Jenna! I also have another awesome announcement. You’ll have to wait to hear about it though icon smile Recipe: Pepper Lime Red Snapper Bobby has class all day so I’m going to try to get lots of work done. Go enjoy your weekend!

17 Comments on Recipe: Pepper-Lime Red Snapper

1. Jen (Running With Cake)
    26 September, 2009 at 7:04 am (5 years ago)

Hi Maggie! How fun that you are meeting fellow bloggers Kath and Jenna! Tell Jenna congrats for me on her new, exciting job! Also, can’t wait to hear about your announcement!

2. glidingcalm
    26 September, 2009 at 7:36 am (5 years ago)

ooooooooo BLOGGER MEET UP! SOOO FUN! :)

you know I adore the seafood!! the seasoned rice sounds fab too!

happy Saturday Maggie!

26 September, 2009 at 7:41 am (5 years ago)

ENJOY THE MEET UP!!! Say hello for me and text me :-D

4. Allison
    26 September, 2009 at 8:29 am (5 years ago)

Thanks for the comment girl… love your blog! That snapper looks in-freakinggg-credible! And no sadly I HAVENT tried the might maple PB & Co yet but it is on my to-do list asap!! Definitely the next PB purchase in my book :) Happy Saturday!

5. Kimberly@Living Free
    26 September, 2009 at 9:05 am (5 years ago)

You’ve been posting some really yummy looking recipes!! How is the non-raw working for you? Looks like you are doing very well:)

6. Christina
    26 September, 2009 at 10:14 am (5 years ago)

Mmm I love snapper!

Ok, I’ve been waiting and waiting for Fall to come with their squash so I can try kabocha. My store now has their squash out, but no kabocha! There’s something that looks VERY similar, thuogh — a buttercup squash? Have you tried and do you recommend??

Also, have fun at your blogger meet-up!!!!! :)

26 September, 2009 at 11:13 am (5 years ago)

seasoned rice sounds a great idea! I can see how you’re making Bobby to eat more veggies! :)
    blogger meet up? so fun! can’t wait to hear your thoughts! :)

26 September, 2009 at 11:45 am (5 years ago)

OH that looks delish!
    I am totally craving fish right now!

nice recipe and nice job!

I am starving now

9. Maria
    26 September, 2009 at 2:42 pm (5 years ago)

Oooh, I can’t wait to hear about the announcement!

The fish dish sounds awesome. Can’t go wrong with snapper and salsa :) Oh, and can’t forget yummy kabocha!

10. Biz
    26 September, 2009 at 2:45 pm (5 years ago)

Have fun Maggie – let me know what you think of Kath – I’ve met several people who have met her and wonder what your thoughts are! :D

26 September, 2009 at 4:01 pm (5 years ago)

This is great Maggie as I’ve been trying to do more fish lately. So easy too.

Please tell Jenna I said “hello” if you see her, and please tell Kath that I hope to meet her someday.

I went to Whole Foods to buy coconut milk kefir yesterday, but they were out of the plain and so I bought raw honey instead…why why why did I do that. Why is it so good?

Awesome announcement? Why torture us so? ;)

12. Neela Marijana
    26 September, 2009 at 4:43 pm (5 years ago)

hey maggie!
    thank you for your sweet comment! i am loving your snapper recipe! snapper is such a tasty fish and can be prepared in so many way but i really like your way of dressing it up.
    its great to hear you speak so many languages! i am german so shall i see how good your german is? haha… a little practise with me maybe ;)
    auf wiedersehen
    loads of love
    neela

13. Marie
    26 September, 2009 at 7:56 pm (5 years ago)

mmm….sounds good!

14. Jess
    26 September, 2009 at 7:58 pm (5 years ago)

I love fish! That looks fantastic!
    Enjoy your weekend too, girl!
    <3 jess
    xoxo

15. Tina
    27 September, 2009 at 4:11 am (5 years ago)

Have fun in San Fransisco Maggie!
    xx