I made this for dinner on Thursday night. We had it topped with Herdez salsa and I also put parmesan cheese on mine. Bobby had his with seasoned rice (keep reading for instructions) and I had mine with buttered kabocha.
Pepper-Lime Red Snapper
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 red snapper fillets
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, grated
- topping: salsa, parmesan
- Combine the fillets, lime juice, pepper, salt, and grated garlic in a bowl. Mix around so the fish is well coated. Let it sit 5-10 minutes in the refrigerator so the flavors really sink in.
- Heat a pan on high heat. Spray with cooking oil or PAM. Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on the first side, covered. Flip them over and cook them another 3-4 minutes uncovered.
- Serve with fresh salsa and your cheese of choice (optional, of course). Seasoned rice is a good side.
Seasoned rice: add salt and pepper to your rice (1 cup dry) while it’s cooking (I do mine in the rice cooker – so simple). In the last 3-4 minutes toss in chopped carrots and celery. At the end, add 1 tablespoon of butter and mix it around until it melts and blends in.
Tomorrow morning I’m going to to San Francisco for a blogger meetup with Kath and maybe Jenna! I also have another awesome announcement. You’ll have to wait to hear about it though 🙂 Bobby has class all day so I’m going to try to get lots of work done. Go enjoy your weekend!