I made this for dinner on Thursday night. We had it topped with Herdez salsa and I also put parmesan cheese on mine. Bobby had his with seasoned rice (keep reading for instructions) and I had mine with buttered kabocha.
Pepper-Lime Red Snapper
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 red snapper fillets
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, grated
- topping: salsa, parmesan
- Combine the fillets, lime juice, pepper, salt, and grated garlic in a bowl. Mix around so the fish is well coated. Let it sit 5-10 minutes in the refrigerator so the flavors really sink in.
- Heat a pan on high heat. Spray with cooking oil or PAM. Cook the fish for 3-4 minutes on the first side, covered. Flip them over and cook them another 3-4 minutes uncovered.
- Serve with fresh salsa and your cheese of choice (optional, of course). Seasoned rice is a good side.
Seasoned rice: add salt and pepper to your rice (1 cup dry) while it’s cooking (I do mine in the rice cooker – so simple). In the last 3-4 minutes toss in chopped carrots and celery. At the end, add 1 tablespoon of butter and mix it around until it melts and blends in.
Tomorrow morning I’m going to to San Francisco for a blogger meetup with Kath and maybe Jenna! I also have another awesome announcement. You’ll have to wait to hear about it though Bobby has class all day so I’m going to try to get lots of work done. Go enjoy your weekend!